Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 5.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they gave grades for skipping school in high school I would of had a 4.0.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just said they are going back to the 1600 scale again soon lol

- mike23md on the sig!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I've been busy for the past day ... but no one thought to mention the fact that the VIRGINIA CAVALIERS won the ACC regular season, won the ACC tournament over Duke, and got a one seed in the NCAA tourney? Really??

Wahoowa! Very Happy

I guess I should ask: do we want to throw up a Redskins' forum bracket pool on Yahoo?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Now, I've been busy for the past day ... but no one thought to mention the fact that the VIRGINIA CAVALIERS won the ACC regular season, won the ACC tournament over Duke, and got a one seed in the NCAA tourney? Really??

Wahoowa! Very Happy

I guess I should ask: do we want to throw up a Redskins' forum bracket pool on Yahoo?
I meant to. I'm happy for you guys and I like the Wahoos team. Eventhough I'm a Maryland fan, My motto is ABD! Anybody but Duke! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VCU laid an egg in the A10 title game against st joes. Here's hoping they wake up for the big dance.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland
Jordan Reed
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other news, lol Duke

- mike23md on the sig!
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Anybody but Duke!

Looks like you got your wish, turtle! Wink
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
in other news, lol Duke
Made my day! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Tech hires Buzz Williams to coach basketball team Applause Dancing Drool

- mike23md on the sig!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2014/03/pa_truck_driver_is_charged_with_death_by_auto_dwi_in_route_1_crash_that_killed_princeton_man_serious.html

Quote:
Charles Inman, 67, of South Brunswick, was killed in the 10:18 p.m. crash and his wife Pamela Inman, 67, remains hospitalized with serious injuries, Lt. Robert Garofalo said. Charles "Chuck" Inman was the founder of the annual Battle Against Hunger bike ride event, which benefits several local charity organizations.

The driver of the truck, Lorin Fisher, is being held at the Mercer County jail on $300,000 on charges of death by auto, aggravated assault, driving under the influence, reckless driving and failure to observe a red traffic signal.

Chuck Inman truly was an amazing man and I'm glad my little brother in my fraternity (his son) introduced me to him over 20 years ago.

Chuck Inman was a war hero and founded the Battle Against hunger Bike Tour which raised tons of money for groups fighting against hunger.

http://www.towntopics.com/sep0110/stratton.php

From the article:

Quote:
A highly decorated helicopter pilot in Vietnam, seriously wounded in the line of duty; a university professor, a successful businessman, and founder of the non-profit Battle Against Hunger organization, Mr. Inman focused on service to others at an early age, notes his friend of 53 years, Bob Riggan of Richmond, Virginia.

“Chuck comes by his giving nature from his mom and dad. They did a lot for other people, and they were a real example to Chuck. He will do anything for anybody. Since he has moved to Princeton, it doesn’t surprise me that he continues to be involved in the fight against hunger. Whatever cause he takes up, he is very dedicated. He’s also an all-around great person.”

Quote:
A love of flying emerged early, and Mr. Inman remembers a day when he was 10, and had his first helicopter ride. “My dad took me to meet a friend of his who flew helicopters in World War II. He took me up and showed me how to fly it.”

That first flight stayed with him. After graduating from high school, he spent two years at the University of Richmond, then left to join the army, intent upon flying helicopters.

He was successful, becoming a warrant officer, and was sent to Vietnam, where he flew 252 combat missions, and was shot down 13 times,

On one mission, he was instrumental in saving the life of his company commander, Major George Burrow, whose helicopter had been shot down. Many in the crew were wounded, and North Vietnamese soldiers were attacking them. As Mr. Inman describes it, his 2-man observation helicopter “was sitting at 1500 feet, and I told my gunner that we’d have to get down and help them. We radioed for assistance, and I went down to 750 feet, where my gunner could bring fire to the North Vietnam Army. In a few minutes (which seemed like an hour), there was an air strike, and then another helicopter came to pick up Major Burrow and his crew.”

In 1968, Warrant Officer Inman’s luck ran out, when his helicopter was shot down during the Tet Offensive, and he was severely wounded in his hand, arm, and face. There was a strong possibility he would lose his hand.

Doctors were able to rebuild it, however. He had 15 major surgeries, and spent two years in Walter Reed Army Hospital. Mr. Inman is the recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Silver Star, the Army Commendation Medal, and the Purple Heart, among many other decorations.

Please keep Chuck Inman and the family in your prayers. My close friend is really going through a tough time (I was one of the first people his wife called today about it) and dealing with the loss of his Dad while hoping his mom pulls through.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2014/03/pa_truck_driver_is_charged_with_death_by_auto_dwi_in_route_1_crash_that_killed_princeton_man_serious.html

Quote:
Charles Inman, 67, of South Brunswick, was killed in the 10:18 p.m. crash and his wife Pamela Inman, 67, remains hospitalized with serious injuries, Lt. Robert Garofalo said. Charles "Chuck" Inman was the founder of the annual Battle Against Hunger bike ride event, which benefits several local charity organizations.

The driver of the truck, Lorin Fisher, is being held at the Mercer County jail on $300,000 on charges of death by auto, aggravated assault, driving under the influence, reckless driving and failure to observe a red traffic signal.

Chuck Inman truly was an amazing man and I'm glad my little brother in my fraternity (his son) introduced me to him over 20 years ago.

Chuck Inman was a war hero and founded the Battle Against hunger Bike Tour which raised tons of money for groups fighting against hunger.

http://www.towntopics.com/sep0110/stratton.php

From the article:

Quote:
A highly decorated helicopter pilot in Vietnam, seriously wounded in the line of duty; a university professor, a successful businessman, and founder of the non-profit Battle Against Hunger organization, Mr. Inman focused on service to others at an early age, notes his friend of 53 years, Bob Riggan of Richmond, Virginia.

“Chuck comes by his giving nature from his mom and dad. They did a lot for other people, and they were a real example to Chuck. He will do anything for anybody. Since he has moved to Princeton, it doesn’t surprise me that he continues to be involved in the fight against hunger. Whatever cause he takes up, he is very dedicated. He’s also an all-around great person.”

Quote:
A love of flying emerged early, and Mr. Inman remembers a day when he was 10, and had his first helicopter ride. “My dad took me to meet a friend of his who flew helicopters in World War II. He took me up and showed me how to fly it.”

That first flight stayed with him. After graduating from high school, he spent two years at the University of Richmond, then left to join the army, intent upon flying helicopters.

He was successful, becoming a warrant officer, and was sent to Vietnam, where he flew 252 combat missions, and was shot down 13 times,

On one mission, he was instrumental in saving the life of his company commander, Major George Burrow, whose helicopter had been shot down. Many in the crew were wounded, and North Vietnamese soldiers were attacking them. As Mr. Inman describes it, his 2-man observation helicopter “was sitting at 1500 feet, and I told my gunner that we’d have to get down and help them. We radioed for assistance, and I went down to 750 feet, where my gunner could bring fire to the North Vietnam Army. In a few minutes (which seemed like an hour), there was an air strike, and then another helicopter came to pick up Major Burrow and his crew.”

In 1968, Warrant Officer Inman’s luck ran out, when his helicopter was shot down during the Tet Offensive, and he was severely wounded in his hand, arm, and face. There was a strong possibility he would lose his hand.

Doctors were able to rebuild it, however. He had 15 major surgeries, and spent two years in Walter Reed Army Hospital. Mr. Inman is the recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Silver Star, the Army Commendation Medal, and the Purple Heart, among many other decorations.

Please keep Chuck Inman and the family in your prayers. My close friend is really going through a tough time (I was one of the first people his wife called today about it) and dealing with the loss of his Dad while hoping his mom pulls through.
Wow. So sorry, prayers are with your friends family and mother.

One of my friends just lost his dad of a heart attack and his family is going through a lot. It's been hard on his mom also. He and his wife are actually moving back into his parents house to help her and renting out true town house for at least 6 months.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any car buffs around? Trying to find something I wanna buy. Currently sporting a 2001 Explorer and while she's been great to me, and I'm not looking to immediately drop her, I need to start looking towards the future.

Personally eyeballing a BRZ/FRS or a WRX but I'm not too sure which one I'd settle on. They'd both put me probably at least a year out to getting, or I could go a little older and pick myself up an older STI for about 10 grand less. Just not sure.

I'm also not too big on Mustangs, not saying I wouldn't love them but I'd have to have a V8 (feel like a poser rolling in a v6) and those monsters are just too damn expensive.

So, any suggestions or opinions?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Any car buffs around? Trying to find something I wanna buy. Currently sporting a 2001 Explorer and while she's been great to me, and I'm not looking to immediately drop her, I need to start looking towards the future.

Personally eyeballing a BRZ/FRS or a WRX but I'm not too sure which one I'd settle on. They'd both put me probably at least a year out to getting, or I could go a little older and pick myself up an older STI for about 10 grand less. Just not sure.

I'm also not too big on Mustangs, not saying I wouldn't love them but I'd have to have a V8 (feel like a poser rolling in a v6) and those monsters are just too damn expensive.

I have a 2008 Mustang GT, but to be honest this winter has killed me! For fear of having another winter like this sometime in the next few years, I'd advise you go with the WRX.

It's all wheel drive and personally I love those cars, I have friends that had them, I almost bought one in 2007 but I went with a maxima instead.

WRX's are awesome. Fast, turbo, rugged and all wheel drive and if your into upgrades on your car, you can do just about anything to them.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

I have a 2008 Mustang GT, but to be honest this winter has killed me! For fear of having another winter like this sometime in the next few years, I'd advise you go with the WRX.

It's all wheel drive and personally I love those cars, I have friends that had them, I almost bought one in 2007 but I went with a maxima instead.

WRX's are awesome. Fast, turbo, rugged and all wheel drive and if your into upgrades on your car, you can do just about anything to them.

I've heard complaints of understeering but I can live with that. I also always see suggestions of like Focus or cars like that and I dunno what it is but, I'm an aesthetics guy, and not much looks as good as a slightly older WRX 5 door. Just can't find any good opinions on the care, they're either super positive or super negative.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

I've heard complaints of understeering but I can live with that. I also always see suggestions of like Focus or cars like that and I dunno what it is but, I'm an aesthetics guy, and not much looks as good as a slightly older WRX 5 door. Just can't find any good opinions on the care, they're either super positive or super negative.
Oh, I don't know. I have a few friends they drove them for years but they weren't the new ones, that was a decade ago after college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 18 of 36

Jump to: