Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 5.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't hurt the team. He didn't throw up bad shots. He was a + on the court and nabbed 2 steals plus 2 boards. For someone who hasn't played much, expecting him to drop 20 and 10 in his first night is ridiculous. Give him a few games at 20 minutes and I think you see him round into form.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
He didn't hurt the team. He didn't throw up bad shots. He was a + on the court and nabbed 2 steals plus 2 boards. For someone who hasn't played much, expecting him to drop 20 and 10 in his first night is ridiculous. Give him a few games at 20 minutes and I think you see him round into form.

1. He was +1 on the floor. In 22 minutes. Not all that impressive.
2. It wasn't his first night. This was his 27th game he played this season.
3. In his first thirteen games, he averaged 12 minutes a game (or a quarter). While not 22 minutes, that's still a substantial amount of time (the average is pulled down because he only go 3:14 in his fifth game). In any event, he scored a total of 31 points on 14-40 shooting (35%; 3 for 5 from the free throw line, 0 of 6 from 3 pt range).

I realize that I may be asking too much of a rookie, but I would think that a fan of the team would like to avoid seeing nearly half of his games (13 of 27) end up with a donut in the points scored column.
Brian23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

3. In his first thirteen games, he averaged 12 minutes a game (or a quarter). While not 22 minutes, that's still a substantial amount of time (the average is pulled down because he only go 3:14 in his fifth game). In any event, he scored a total of 31 points on 14-40 shooting (35%; 3 for 5 from the free throw line, 0 of 6 from 3 pt range).

I realize that I may be asking too much of a rookie, but I would think that a fan of the team would like to avoid seeing nearly half of his games (13 of 27) end up with a donut in the points scored column.

He wasn't a detriment to the team. And his first 13 games would be coming back off an injury and has since not gotten much time, kinda using statistic s without any thought of the bias there...
Woz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

He wasn't a detriment to the team. And his first 13 games would be coming back off an injury and has since not gotten much time, kinda using statistic s without any thought of the bias there...

Fair enough about the injury. Of course, his playing time dropped considerably after his first 13 games (he's only played more than 10 minutes three times in his last 14 appearances, including the last two games). 5-23 FG (21.7%), 2-7 3pt (28.6%), 2-3 FT (66.7%). 14 points total across 14 games.

So, perhaps he plays better injured?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Ariza is playing like an all star?? And Webster is your steady Eddie back up sharp shooter... That sure dips into a rookies playing time... Confused

Hard to imagine any rookie barely playing for 3 months because of injury/he plays the deepest position on the team, coming out and scoring in double figures on his first night with consistent playing time in 3 months....

Ariza last 2 games:

40 pts vs Phila

26 pts vs Utah

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Fair enough about the injury. Of course, his playing time dropped considerably after his first 13 games (he's only played more than 10 minutes three times in his last 14 appearances, including the last two games). 5-23 FG (21.7%), 2-7 3pt (28.6%), 2-3 FT (66.7%). 14 points total across 14 games.

So, perhaps he plays better injured?

I just think he was hurt and had issues reconditioning himself and getting used to the live game. Its an awkward transition from college to NBA as is and compounding the problem with an injury doesn't hurt.

Look, he's not playing like a starter. I don't think he should start yet, but he's not a detriment to the team and I think giving him 20 minutes a game to get his groove back while -not- being a detriment can help him in the long run.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Perhaps Ariza is playing like an all star?? And Webster is your steady Eddie back up sharp shooter... That sure dips into a rookies playing time... Confused

Hard to imagine any rookie barely playing for 3 months because of injury/he plays the deepest position on the team, coming out and scoring in double figures on his first night with consistent playing time in 3 months....

Ariza last 2 games:

40 pts vs Phila

26 pts vs Utah

Why spend the 3rd overall pick on a guy to make him your #3 on you depth chart at his position? Webster didn't have to be re-signed, but they went out and did it. They could have dealt Ariza and his expiring contract to recoup some of the value they lost from the Gortat deal, but they didn't.

Grunfeld and by extension Leonsis don't have a long term plan for this franchise. They're slapping it together as they go. This year it has worked out for them in no small part to the fact that the entire Eastern Conference has self-destructed. That's luck, not skill or foresight.

When I posted way back when about the Wizards January/February schedule, I did note that March/April was much nicer to them. They did enough to stay afloat to enter the cushy times.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you guys live IN the city of Richmond?

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Thankfully not

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Thankfully not

Well I will be in 2 months, so I need some living recommendations haha

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Thankfully not

Live around short pump. It's a nice outlet mall just outside downtown off broad street

Rskngm lives around there though, I'm sure he can tell you some good spots

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I live in the fan in Richmond. What questions do you have?

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
I live in the fan in Richmond.
I didn't know you lived there?

I have to go there for work every once in a while, or at least I did, it might change next year.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Thankfully not

Live around short pump. It's a nice outlet mall just outside downtown off broad street

Rskngm lives around there though, I'm sure he can tell you some good spots
Short Pump is the suburbs. If that's what you like sure, but it's also one of the most expensive places in Richmond to live. Personally I like living in the city.

Adopt - a - Redskin
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
I live in the fan in Richmond.
I didn't know you lived there?

I have to go there for work every once in a while, or at least I did, it might change next year.
Yep. I went to VCU too. Born and raised from Richmond.

Adopt - a - Redskin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 16 of 53

Jump to: