Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 5.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daboyle250

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Things Other Than The Redskins Thread 5.0 Reply with quote

100 pages = LOCKED (I'm pretty sure)

Post here.

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Wall
Beal
Webster/Porter
Melo
Gortat

Is a pretty sick line up! IMO Melo can be our stretch 4, since that's the way the nba is going nowadays.

Unless the Wizards want to go over the luxury tax line, it's not happening.
Ariza is gone after this year, Gortat can be re-signed for cheaper - his contact is up. Vesley, Singleton, Booker and Seraphin all gone means we have the #.

Until a player is re-signed or signs elsewhere, you have a "cap hold" equivalent to their previous contract's last term (I think that's the amount). As such, even if Gortat can be signed for cheaper, until he is, his ~$7.5M acts like a placeholder against their cap. Same with Ariza. Now, it's possible they could trade Ariza, but they'd have to get equivalent amounts back in cap back (it's why they accepted Barbosa last year).

The Wizards will still be paying Nene $16M a year, John Wall a max contract, and somewhere along the line you'd like to keep Beal. How exactly do you do that if you max contract Melo (and don't kid yourself for a second that he isn't going to take a max deal)?
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz, who did you want the Wiz to take instead of Vesely? That draft was pretty terrible. The only players I could see that would have been good picks would have been Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard. They weren't going to take Walker because they already had Wall, and Leonard was seen as a reach at the time of the draft when he went #15 overall. Klay Thompson would have been a good pick but he's not a superstar or anything. That draft was terrible.

For the record, I don't really follow the NBA ... except to point and laugh at our local losers. The franchise is cursed or something. So, I don't know who I would have taken in 2011 since I wasn't really following them that closely. However, I will say, holding your draft party at the Czech embassy. Stupid for tipping the rest of the league off.

But it wasn't just that draft. Go back to the middle of the 00's and see who they have drafted.

2010 is their only good draft in the last decade:
1.01 - John Wall
1.17 - Kevin Seraphim; acquired (along with Kirk Hinrich) from the Bulls for the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko (their 2006 2nd round pick ... should I mention he has never played in the NBA?)
1.23 - Trevor Booker; rights acquired (along with rights to Hamady N'Diaye (D-Leaguer)) for draft rights to 30th (Lazar Hayward) and 35th (Nemanja Bjelica (who has never played in the NBA))

Yes, their best draft of the decade is one that netted them a starting point guard (which was a "duh" pick), a backup power forward, and a backup power forward playing center. If you want to make an argument for a different one, I'm all ears.

Speaking of Kirk Hinrich, he was dealt to Atlanta at the trade deadline the next year (along with Hilton Armstrong) for Mike Bibby (who promptly got a buy out and signed with the Heat), Maurice Evans (who didn't play for the Wizards), Jordan Crawford, and Atlanta's 2011 1st round pick. That first rounder (17th overall)? Turned into Chris Singleton, another guy the Wizards are dropping after this year by not picking up his option.

Crawford was dealt two years later for Leandro Barbosa (who had torn his ACL the previous week) and Jason Collins (who, at the time, had more personal fouls and points scored in the 2013 season).

Yes, they got Beal in 2012, but they also drafted Tomas Santoransky (who has never played in the NBA ... are you sensing a theme?) in the 2nd.

Finally, this year they got Otto Porter. It was the right move ... if Nerlens Noel wasn't available. Yes, he was recovering from an ACL tear. However, you take his talent. It's not like you have gotten anything from Porter since he's been just as banged up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz, who did you want the Wiz to take instead of Vesely? That draft was pretty terrible. The only players I could see that would have been good picks would have been Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard. They weren't going to take Walker because they already had Wall, and Leonard was seen as a reach at the time of the draft when he went #15 overall. Klay Thompson would have been a good pick but he's not a superstar or anything. That draft was terrible.

For the record, I don't really follow the NBA ... except to point and laugh at our local losers. The franchise is cursed or something. So, I don't know who I would have taken in 2011 since I wasn't really following them that closely. However, I will say, holding your draft party at the Czech embassy. Stupid for tipping the rest of the league off.

But it wasn't just that draft. Go back to the middle of the 00's and see who they have drafted.

2010 is their only good draft in the last decade:
1.01 - John Wall
1.17 - Kevin Seraphim; acquired (along with Kirk Hinrich) from the Bulls for the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko (their 2006 2nd round pick ... should I mention he has never played in the NBA?)
1.23 - Trevor Booker; rights acquired (along with rights to Hamady N'Diaye (D-Leaguer)) for draft rights to 30th (Lazar Hayward) and 35th (Nemanja Bjelica (who has never played in the NBA))

Yes, their best draft of the decade is one that netted them a starting point guard (which was a "duh" pick), a backup power forward, and a backup power forward playing center. If you want to make an argument for a different one, I'm all ears.
Unfortunately, I agree. Sad

Quote:
Speaking of Kirk Hinrich, he was dealt to Atlanta at the trade deadline the next year (along with Hilton Armstrong) for Mike Bibby (who promptly got a buy out and signed with the Heat), Maurice Evans (who didn't play for the Wizards), Jordan Crawford, and Atlanta's 2011 1st round pick. That first rounder (17th overall)? Turned into Chris Singleton, another guy the Wizards are dropping after this year by not picking up his option.
Maurice Evans did play a season and a half for the wizards and he was ok.

Quote:
Crawford was dealt two years later for Leandro Barbosa (who had torn his ACL the previous week) and Jason Collins (who, at the time, had more personal fouls and points scored in the 2013 season).
they did that because Crawford was becoming a problem in the lockeroom, much in the way that Blatche, McGee and Young were before. Crawford didn't want to be a back up to Wall and Beal, he wanted to start and he was creating problems, so they did the right move by trading him away for expiring players. You could say, by trading him away, you created some more cap room so they could re-sign Martell Webster and sign Eric Maynor as a back up PG for Wall.

Quote:
Yes, they got Beal in 2012, but they also drafted Tomas Santoransky (who has never played in the NBA ... are you sensing a theme?) in the 2nd.
yeah, that was a crappy pick. They made the pick because they felt he could help out Vesley once he got into the NBA. They were teammates at one point in Euro ball, but now it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

Quote:
Finally, this year they got Otto Porter. It was the right move ... if Nerlens Noel wasn't available. Yes, he was recovering from an ACL tear. However, you take his talent. It's not like you have gotten anything from Porter since he's been just as banged up.
Well I've heard news that Noel might not play all year because he's slowly recovering from the ACL, yes he has move defensive talent but at the same time, that raises a question about that knee. It's been 9 months since his injury and they're already saying he could be out for the season?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/21/4863816/nerlens-noel-injury-76ers-rookie-may-miss-entire-season

Yes, Porter has had some nagging injures, but his main problem is he has two solid veterans infront of him. When Ariza is gone after this season, Porter will either start next season or play major minutes next year for the Wizards. Porter is a very versatile small forward who plays good smart defense, can play some point forward, is a solid outside shooter and is a great 3rd to piece to our future "big 3" of Wall, Beal and Porter because Porter is very unselfish and will do the dirty work, ala Caron Butler when Arenas was the star and Jamison was his sidekick.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Turtle28 wrote:

Kawhi Leonard was definitely considered a lottery pick in the 2011 draft, we strongly considered taking him at #6.

He had as much potential as anyone in the draft (after Kyrie Irving) and it's showed in his play he past two seasons.

It was a typical Euro Ernie pick and it's set this franchise back.

If we had taken Leonard in 2011 we'd have a big 3 right now with:

Wall, Beal and Leonard

Because we totally woulda been in position to get Beal the next year...
ummm... Yes, because the team sucked in 2011-2012. They would have gotten Beal either way, unless you believe a line up of:

Wall
Young
Leonard
Blatche
McGee

Was going to get us out of the top 3 pick... Confused

Somehow, I doubt that one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see the Auburn catch vs Georgia?

Most incredible thing I've ever seen

MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible and lucky Smile

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Quote:
Well I've heard news that Noel might not play all year because he's slowly recovering from the ACL, yes he has move defensive talent but at the same time, that raises a question about that knee. It's been 9 months since his injury and they're already saying he could be out for the season?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/21/4863816/nerlens-noel-injury-76ers-rookie-may-miss-entire-season

Yes, Porter has had some nagging injures, but his main problem is he has two solid veterans infront of him. When Ariza is gone after this season, Porter will either start next season or play major minutes next year for the Wizards. Porter is a very versatile small forward who plays good smart defense, can play some point forward, is a solid outside shooter and is a great 3rd to piece to our future "big 3" of Wall, Beal and Porter because Porter is very unselfish and will do the dirty work, ala Caron Butler when Arenas was the star and Jamison was his sidekick.

And how would Noel being out for the season be different than Porter stuck behind veterans? He isn't going to get much playing time either.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not happy Keenum got benched today.

Also not happy I started Reed over Jordy.

Still in first place in my fantasy league but not for long if this stuff continues

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Quote:

And how would Noel being out for the season be different than Porter stuck behind veterans? He isn't going to get much playing time either.
Porter is at least getting valuable practice time

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Quote:

Is he if he's banged up?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Quote:

Is he if he's banged up?
He's not that banged up that he won't be able to contribute much in practice or on the court all year like Noel.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem. We really don't know. The Wizards don't know. No one knows. This is a lingering issue that is obviously way worse than anyone was led on.

- mike23md on the sig!

Phire wrote:
HORSES - 1
DALLAS - 0
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Whitman. Hire Karl and run up and down the floor like your roster is kinda built for.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Fire Whitman. Hire Karl and run up and down the floor like your roster is kinda built for.
that'd be fun. I like it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: