Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 Metrics vs Houston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Week 10 Metrics vs Houston Reply with quote

Patrick Peterson had a very good game. He allowed one catch in Cover 3 to a comeback route. Nearly impossible to stop. He got lost in one zone coverage allowing Greg Jones some space to get a first down. He allowed the two absurd touchdowns to Johnson, but we all saw how well he played them.

Powers had his best game of the year. Looked comfortable against the rookie Hopkins.

Mathieu struggled again being turned around in man coverage a couple of times and not being disciplined enough in zone.

The deflected 22 yard catch the Hopkins on the dropped Dansby INT is charted to Bell who was rarely tested.

The Texans 2nd TD is 100% on Washington. He sees the TE in behind him and still makes no effort to get to the back of the EZ. He was not overly fooled by the run action it is a play he should be in position on, but wasn't.

*Sorry for the very rough and brief notes. Have had a pretty busy week*

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting this up. I agree with your assessments. I remember watching those TDs that Andre Johnson had and you really could not have asked for better coverage from Peterson on both of those plays. The first TD was just a fantastically well placed ball by Keenum and the other TD Peterson tipped and Johnson made the spectacular catch.

I wonder what was going on in Washington's head on that TD he let up. Was he playing zone coverage on that one and expecting help over the top?

Justo on the sig
IAmPacman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comeback route that Andre caught was blown coverage by Matheiu not Peterson. I watched the Matheiu mic'd up segment for that game and they talked about that. I guess he was supposed to drop back to coverage but he got fooled on the play action.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAmPacman wrote:
The comeback route that Andre caught was blown coverage by Matheiu not Peterson. I watched the Matheiu mic'd up segment for that game and they talked about that. I guess he was supposed to drop back to coverage but he got fooled on the play action.

Interesting, will have to have a look at it.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: