Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks (9-1) vs Vikings (2-7): The Rise of Harvin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pie Romania


Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 1828
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering how we shut down the Saints. I know our offense will do better than the 9ers. If Browner is back, we should be able to shut down their passing game as well IMO. Browner could be put on Jimmy Graham and Sherman on Colston (or vice versa) with Thurmond III on Kenny Stills and Maxwell on whoever else they have lined up at receiver. I'm probably most worried about Sproles as we have trouble with smaller backs usually. I was surprised the Falcons didn't use more of Jacquizz Rodgers honestly. When he touched the ball he did well.

If we come out firing on all cylinders and with the correct gameplan, I see us holding them to 14 points or less. Harvin, the O-Line, hell...everything I'm seeing lately is making me feel like we could put up 40 points on any given day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21692
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we talked about how Russell Wilson was like 3 points off of a perfect QB rating yet?
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2778
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Have we talked about how Russell Wilson was like 3 points off of a perfect QB rating yet?


pshh he does that every week, Laughing
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29211
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Have we talked about how Russell Wilson was like 3 points off of a perfect QB rating yet?


Nothing to talk about except this upcoming Saints game. Our superbowl hopes may hang in the balance on the 2nd of December
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21692
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Have we talked about how Russell Wilson was like 3 points off of a perfect QB rating yet?


Nothing to talk about except this upcoming Saints game. Our superbowl hopes may hang in the balance on the 2nd of December
Laughing You sound silly.

The game against the Saints is big, but it is not the end all be all of the season. It would be a big one to win though.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29211
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Have we talked about how Russell Wilson was like 3 points off of a perfect QB rating yet?


Nothing to talk about except this upcoming Saints game. Our superbowl hopes may hang in the balance on the 2nd of December
Laughing You sound silly.

The game against the Saints is big, but it is not the end all be all of the season. It would be a big one to win though.


It's the only way to guarantee the #1 seed. I'm not saying we live or die by the saints, i'm saying winning that game is the best thing we can do for ourselves if we want to be assured of an appearance. Also, if we can't beat the saints at home for the #1 seed, I don't see how we can go through them on the road in the playoffs. They're the stiffest competition in the NFC this year.
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21692
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Have we talked about how Russell Wilson was like 3 points off of a perfect QB rating yet?


Nothing to talk about except this upcoming Saints game. Our superbowl hopes may hang in the balance on the 2nd of December
Laughing You sound silly.

The game against the Saints is big, but it is not the end all be all of the season. It would be a big one to win though.


It's the only way to guarantee the #1 seed. I'm not saying we live or die by the saints, i'm saying winning that game is the best thing we can do for ourselves if we want to be assured of an appearance. Also, if we can't beat the saints at home for the #1 seed, I don't see how we can go through them on the road in the playoffs. They're the stiffest competition in the NFC this year.
I'm not laughing at that, just your first sentence Laughing
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finchy


Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 1890
Location: It Was Just Banter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote





Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man Mebane.

That was delicious to watch live.
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2778
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 10 wins we already have our ticket to the show now just trying to get a better seat Wink
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up fellas? Great game. How you all been?
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21692
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
I'm wondering how we shut down the Saints. I know our offense will do better than the 9ers. If Browner is back, we should be able to shut down their passing game as well IMO. Browner could be put on Jimmy Graham and Sherman on Colston (or vice versa) with Thurmond III on Kenny Stills and Maxwell on whoever else they have lined up at receiver. I'm probably most worried about Sproles as we have trouble with smaller backs usually. I was surprised the Falcons didn't use more of Jacquizz Rodgers honestly. When he touched the ball he did well.
I don't think of us as really a matchup team generally, but I do think you're right in this case. We'll have to shadow to some extent.

Against San Fran Sherman followed Boldin and against the Bucs VJax was covered by Browner or Sherm the whole game, even while in the slot.

I'd like to see us stick Browner on Colston the whole game. I think he'll actually fair better than Sherm and he wont need to be quite at full speed with Graham gimping.

I'm not sure we'll straight match up with the rest of the guys though. That doesn't seem like our style.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ring Worm Sherm


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 970
Location: PNW
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see us stop the run again. Russell is a freaking beast Man this is gonna be the longest two weeks ever...I can't wait for this Monday night showdown. I wanna see Percy again so bad.
_________________


“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11724
Location: New York
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
What's up fellas? Great game. How you all been?


Shocked

Holy crap Long time no see!!!
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group