Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 11 vs. Browns (4-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Browns
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Hornby
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Villains' Fantasy Team
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
CARP
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
We still arguing about Dalton? Laughing

What we need to do is just get the ball in Gio's hands more. Guy is amazing. Maybe some more end arounds and bubble screens to Hawkins as well. We haven't utilized Baby Hawk enough...

Is it just me, or has Gio looked a little slower the last few games? Ever since the rib injury, he just looks a step slower. Maybe it's just me.

I think Hawkins will get used a little more out of the bye. The offense had already established its identity when he came back, so it was hard to get him involved. Ideally he and Sanu would split snaps in the slot. But the guy that needs more targets is Marvin Jones. After the 4 touchdown game he had 7, 7 and 2.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Who is this one directed at, because if it's me, I'm taking you task on it.

If i had to guess, it was directed at LondonBengal. But it was a pretty poor attempt at sarcasm, and it's only going to get people riled up.

Sorry, my sarcasm detector wasn't switched on. Just checked, it shows a 'nil' reading, so were OK.

Last edited by LondonBengal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I blame the play calling a lot of the time with Dalton because he can't execute certain plays. Somebody tell me if I'm wrong, but to me about 90% of Dalton's interceptions have been throwing the comeback out route to AJ Green.
.....and to his right side. They need to move AJ around more.

johndeere1707 wrote:
The thing Dalton needs to develop is a pump fake. Defenders jump his routes all the time because he locks onto one receiver and forces is to him. That would open up so much for him in my opinion. Drew Bree's does it all the time. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I rarely see Dalton pump fake.

Agree. he needs better coaching all round. He needs to develop a better pump fake, look safeties off better, go through his progressions better and not lock onto one guy so readily. The other thing I notice with Dalton, is he doesn't seems to get his weight forward into his throws. Watching Brady and Manning, their front leg is almost 45 degrees when they plant it, and their weight goes forward through their shoulder. Daltons pivot leg is more upright, so his momentum is not going forward. These are all coaching points with him rather than any lack of talent or physicality.

johndeere1707 wrote:
Another thing that ticks me off about Dalton is his pocket presence. He has no concept of the term "throw away". He takes so many sacks it's unbelievable. I understand our interior Oline is less than stellar, but my goodness just throw it away and move on to the next one.

True, but he doesn't get outside the hash marks too much, so he'd get flagged for grounding.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

What we need to do is just get the ball in Gio's hands more. Guy is amazing. Maybe some more end arounds and bubble screens to Hawkins as well. We haven't utilized Baby Hawk enough...

Is it just me, or has Gio looked a little slower the last few games? Ever since the rib injury, he just looks a step slower. Maybe it's just me.

I think Hawkins will get used a little more out of the bye. The offense had already established its identity when he came back, so it was hard to get him involved. Ideally he and Sanu would split snaps in the slot. But the guy that needs more targets is Marvin Jones. After the 4 touchdown game he had 7, 7 and 2.

Rookie wall ?

Hawkins doesn't look like he's back to top speed yet either, although he has been the first guy there on the punt team a couple of times
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Rookie wall ?

Hawkins doesn't look like he's back to top speed yet either, although he has been the first guy there on the punt team a couple of times

I thought Hawkins looked quick enough, but definitely rusty. The bye week will be good for him.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Is it just me

Yes...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
You just don't get it Anonymous, when the Bengals win it is solely Andy Dalton. When he plays bad, its because the play calling, offensive line, wide receivers, running game, the other teams defensive backs for rudely cutting in front of our guy and catching a pass that wasn't intended for him and not stopping until they score, the weather, the hang nails fault or Marvin Lewis's.

let me say it ONE MORE TIME for those who want to selectively choose stats or quotes to bolster their argument.....

When this team wins, it's usually because the defense/special teams steps up and makes huge plays. When we lose, it probably is due to the defense not pitching a shutout. This is due to the wildly inconsistent offense, which can be attributed to bad play calling (Marvin in this case, and if someone wants to challenge that Marvin doesn't reign in Gruden's play-calling, we can start a new thread), the play of our quarterback, and the equally inconsistent offensive line, which breaks down far more often than PFW stats would indicate and allows too much pressure in the face of the aforementioned inconsistent quarterback?

Does that cover it for you?

Or should we have the first ever FF forum battle royale?

Battle Royale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZkuFoTPI4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
You just don't get it Anonymous, when the Bengals win it is solely Andy Dalton. When he plays bad, its because the play calling, offensive line, wide receivers, running game, the other teams defensive backs for rudely cutting in front of our guy and catching a pass that wasn't intended for him and not stopping until they score, the weather, the hang nails fault or Marvin Lewis's.

let me say it ONE MORE TIME for those who want to selectively choose stats or quotes to bolster their argument.....

When this team wins, it's usually because the defense/special teams steps up and makes huge plays. When we lose, it probably is due to the defense not pitching a shutout. This is due to the wildly inconsistent offense, which can be attributed to bad play calling (Marvin in this case, and if someone wants to challenge that Marvin doesn't reign in Gruden's play-calling, we can start a new thread), the play of our quarterback, and the equally inconsistent offensive line, which breaks down far more often than PFW stats would indicate and allows too much pressure in the face of the aforementioned inconsistent quarterback?

Does that cover it for you?

Or should we have the first ever FF forum battle royale?

Honestly wasn't intended for anyone in particular. Was just drinking and decided to post a sarcastic post to get people riled up. The excuses were some I have seen on here as well as a few I drummed up to add to the sarcastic tone of the message.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only responded due to the part where the offensive line was being used as an excuse for dalton's horrid play.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Honestly wasn't intended for anyone in particular. Was just drinking and decided to post a sarcastic post to get people riled up. The excuses were some I have seen on here as well as a few I drummed up to add to the sarcastic tone of the message.

We do call that trolling, and it's frowned upon around here. I would appreciate avoiding that in the future.

Posting your opinion is fine, even if it gets people fired up. But posting your opinion in a sarcastic or inflammatory way with the intent to "get peple riled up" is NOT ok. So let's avoid that in the future, shall we? I'd hate for it to start a fight and then have to hand out a warning (well, i'd make Beck do it).

Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never given a warning to a Bengal fan and I would hate to start now. Especially when the one in question has a point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: