Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 11 vs. Browns (4-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Browns
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Hornby
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Villains' Fantasy Team
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
CARP
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18221
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:


Rant ?

Do you know what the coaches are thinking ? No, I don't either. I just watch the pressers like anyone else, and if ML says he thinks the QB is steadily improving I kinda believe him. All the 'mood-music' from the coaches is positive about Dalton.

You can take it or leave it like anyone else....


If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.

He would tell you Jon Kitna was as good as Peyton Manning if that meant keeping the media off not only his - but his QB's back too. ML is a great guy, and I'm sure he likes Dalton. But he's not blind to his struggles and anything he tells the media, good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Agreed. He'll say whatever he needs to say to get the best out of Dalton. Nothing he says should be taken seriously. Marvin sees the same thing we see - deficiencies. He's just not going to talk about them if he thinks that means bad things for his QB.

As for the AJ comments, i'd have to see it in context. If he was asked about it straight up by a media member, i'm inclined to say that lied to protect his QB. But then again, he may have told the truth. We'll never know for sure without knowing what play was called and how the route was supposed to be run.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3055
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:


Rant ?

Do you know what the coaches are thinking ? No, I don't either. I just watch the pressers like anyone else, and if ML says he thinks the QB is steadily improving I kinda believe him. All the 'mood-music' from the coaches is positive about Dalton.

You can take it or leave it like anyone else....


If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.

He would tell you Jon Kitna was as good as Peyton Manning if that meant keeping the media off not only his - but his QB's back too. ML is a great guy, and I'm sure he likes Dalton. But he's not blind to his struggles and anything he tells the media, good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt.


My growth as a Bengals fan ? I've been following this team through bad times and worse since 1982, I know how this league works, and I know what 'coachspeak' means and how to interpret it.

This whole Dalton debate is about whether we think we want a new QB in town next season, or whether we think we should stick with Dalton and see if he can develop. In another thread we all agreed that it would be best to wait until the season was over to continue the Dalton debate.

Some contributors here; (not just me); believe the Bengal coaches have already hitched their wagon to Dalton, and a new contract is almost inevitable. Others disagree.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3055
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:


Rant ?

Do you know what the coaches are thinking ? No, I don't either. I just watch the pressers like anyone else, and if ML says he thinks the QB is steadily improving I kinda believe him. All the 'mood-music' from the coaches is positive about Dalton.

You can take it or leave it like anyone else....


If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.

He would tell you Jon Kitna was as good as Peyton Manning if that meant keeping the media off not only his - but his QB's back too. ML is a great guy, and I'm sure he likes Dalton. But he's not blind to his struggles and anything he tells the media, good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt.


Marvin Lewis interviewed by Lance McAlister on '700WLW' .....


on a long term contract for Dalton...... "He's our QB, and he's going to be our QB for a long time" ........

Should we dismiss this comment too ?
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."


Last edited by LondonBengal on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22822
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I firmly believe we will resign him and he wil be our QB through atleast 1 more full contract.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1553
Location: IU
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:


Rant ?

Do you know what the coaches are thinking ? No, I don't either. I just watch the pressers like anyone else, and if ML says he thinks the QB is steadily improving I kinda believe him. All the 'mood-music' from the coaches is positive about Dalton.

You can take it or leave it like anyone else....


If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.

He would tell you Jon Kitna was as good as Peyton Manning if that meant keeping the media off not only his - but his QB's back too. ML is a great guy, and I'm sure he likes Dalton. But he's not blind to his struggles and anything he tells the media, good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt.


Marvin Lewis interviewed by Lance McAlister on '700WLW' .....


on a long term contract for Dalton...... "He's our QB, and he's going to be our QB for a long time" ........

Should we dismiss this comment too ?


Yes - completely - because it means absolutely nothing. If Dalton ends this year awful, and starts next year awful, you'd be ignorant to think otherwise. We are in the middle of the season, and he was on a talk show radio listened to by half of Cincinnati. Of course he's going to praise Dalton. Even TheJ just backed me up, anything Marvin says should be taken with a grain of salt.

And apparently you don't know how to interpret coach speak, or you wouldn't be repetitively bringing up his meaningless comments, which others have even stated are meaningless.

And if you don't like the Dalton debate, then don't post. That simple. Because I'm going to talking about him every damn day for the rest of the season, negative or positive. If you don't want to read our comments about Dalton, because they may not be very nice, then skip over when you see me, Hokie, or any other person who doesn't - suck Dalton post.

And if these coaches have hitched themselves to Dalton, then so be it, because it'll either make or break their Bengals careers. Personally, I'd rather see Dalton break through and take the next step. I personally don't think they've hitched themselves to Dalton either. Trust me, the route I'd much rather take is the most simple - trust Andy. Unfortunately, that's still not happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6187
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:
LB... I swear you give off the impression that you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

So let me get this straight... you can cherry-pick two statistics out of dozens where he has better numbers in the past, and that constitutes improvement? Do all of the other statistics not count? The guy is nearly the same in almost every statistical category as he was last season except for INTs. But that's okay, because if he throws one more touchdown and 200 more yard than last season, he's shown improvement! FFS... honestly, that logic is beyond silly.

And why you chose to go on a tangent about A.J. Green is beyond me (irrelevant to the conversation).

'TheJ' already addressed the 'improvement' point up-thread.

We are both contributing to a discussion forum/message board. That situation involves disagreeing with folks. If you want me to agree with you all the time, I can give it a go if it makes you feel better.

I do believe it was you that originally raised AJ Green by suggesting he may 'want out'.........


No offence, but you always seem to be the one upset when someone doesn't agree with you or hail Andy Dalton as the next coming of whatever religious figure you choose (personally I like Li Hongzhi).

Just saying, I get the same impression as Hokie.


Beck is the name you are looking for.

You guys are all serious. Relax.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3055
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:


Rant ?

Do you know what the coaches are thinking ? No, I don't either. I just watch the pressers like anyone else, and if ML says he thinks the QB is steadily improving I kinda believe him. All the 'mood-music' from the coaches is positive about Dalton.

You can take it or leave it like anyone else....


If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.

He would tell you Jon Kitna was as good as Peyton Manning if that meant keeping the media off not only his - but his QB's back too. ML is a great guy, and I'm sure he likes Dalton. But he's not blind to his struggles and anything he tells the media, good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt.


Marvin Lewis interviewed by Lance McAlister on '700WLW' .....


on a long term contract for Dalton...... "He's our QB, and he's going to be our QB for a long time" ........

Should we dismiss this comment too ?

Yes - completely - because it means absolutely nothing. If Dalton ends this year awful, and starts next year awful, you'd be ignorant to think otherwise. We are in the middle of the season, and he was on a talk show radio listened to by half of Cincinnati. Of course he's going to praise Dalton. Even TheJ just backed me up, anything Marvin says should be taken with a grain of salt. And apparently you don't know how to interpret coach speak, or you wouldn't be repetitively bringing up his meaningless comments, which others have even stated are meaningless..

I would normally agree with you, but ML did not have to say "he's going to be our QB for a long time" (quote). There's a big difference between praising a guy, and then saying he's going to be around a long time. ML did not have to say that.

Anonymous3 wrote:
And if you don't like the Dalton debate, then don't post. That simple. Because I'm going to talking about him every damn day for the rest of the season, negative or positive. If you don't want to read our comments about Dalton, because they may not be very nice, then skip over when you see me, Hokie, or any other person who doesn't - suck Dalton post.

I don't think any regular contributors to this board would ever accuse me of not getting involved in the Dalton debate. Its probably been the most interesting topic on this board for the near 4 years I've been posting here. You can bring whatever comments you want about the QB situation on, and if I agree with them I'll say so, and if I disagree I'll say so too. Its called a discussion board for a reason.

Anonymous3 wrote:
And if these coaches have hitched themselves to Dalton, then so be it, because it'll either make or break their Bengals careers.

I've said before, I believe they are 'joined at the hip' with Dalton, and everything I've seen and read supports this view. You can dismiss it if you want, but at the moment I'm buying it. Could it make or break their careers, yes absolutely ? At the end of the day Mike Brown writes the cheques, and we don't really know what he thinks.

Anonymous3 wrote:
I personally don't think they've hitched themselves to Dalton.

We'll find out for sure soon enough......

Anonymous3 wrote:
.......the route I'd much rather take is the most simple - trust Andy.

Agreed.

Anonymous3 wrote:
Unfortunately, that's still not happening.

Agreed.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.


I get what you are saying, but I sort of disagree with part of it. Usually Marvin pulls the book of coach-speak out when talking with the media. However, when he does say something about particular players, he doesn't lie. i can't count the times where he said something straight and I thought it was a smokescreen or bluff. He has said that Andy is the QB of this team moving forward. And no, I'm not going to look for specific instances to quote. Not joining the argument, but pointing that out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18221
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.


I get what you are saying, but I sort of disagree with part of it. Usually Marvin pulls the book of coach-speak out when talking with the media. However, when he does say something about particular players, he doesn't lie. i can't count the times where he said something straight and I thought it was a smokescreen or bluff. He has said that Andy is the QB of this team moving forward. And no, I'm not going to look for specific instances to quote. Not joining the argument, but pointing that out.

Too late! You're now wrapped up in the debate that shall persist until at least May, 2014...and most likely longer.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BathBengal


Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 1203
Location: Now in Manchester
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
BathBengal wrote:
I didn't really watch the last quarter of the game, ended up chatting to a fairly big comedian who is a big 49ers fan.


Do you mean he was a comedian for being a 49ers fan, or he is a comedian who is also a 49ers fan ?

Just need that clearing up.


No he was a genuine comedian and occasional radio 1 DJ who happened to be a 49ers fan. If he wanted to support a team for comedic purposes it probably he' probably be a Bengals fan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.


I get what you are saying, but I sort of disagree with part of it. Usually Marvin pulls the book of coach-speak out when talking with the media. However, when he does say something about particular players, he doesn't lie. i can't count the times where he said something straight and I thought it was a smokescreen or bluff. He has said that Andy is the QB of this team moving forward. And no, I'm not going to look for specific instances to quote. Not joining the argument, but pointing that out.

Too late! You're now wrapped up in the debate that shall persist until at least May, 2014...and most likely longer.


Well, it's something to do I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18221
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.


I get what you are saying, but I sort of disagree with part of it. Usually Marvin pulls the book of coach-speak out when talking with the media. However, when he does say something about particular players, he doesn't lie. i can't count the times where he said something straight and I thought it was a smokescreen or bluff. He has said that Andy is the QB of this team moving forward. And no, I'm not going to look for specific instances to quote. Not joining the argument, but pointing that out.

Too late! You're now wrapped up in the debate that shall persist until at least May, 2014...and most likely longer.


Well, it's something to do I guess.

That's the spirit!
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1553
Location: IU
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.


I get what you are saying, but I sort of disagree with part of it. Usually Marvin pulls the book of coach-speak out when talking with the media. However, when he does say something about particular players, he doesn't lie. i can't count the times where he said something straight and I thought it was a smokescreen or bluff. He has said that Andy is the QB of this team moving forward. And no, I'm not going to look for specific instances to quote. Not joining the argument, but pointing that out.

Too late! You're now wrapped up in the debate that shall persist until at least May, 2014...and most likely longer.


I guess we all contextualize it different. I see "moving forward" meaning through this season. At the end of the season, all bets are off (either in favor of Dalton, or against him).

I agree that Marvin speaks truthfully of his players. I met him after we took Marvin Jones in the draft, and he said he liked his speed but he had a long way to go. Didn't sugarcoat it, and was honest. However, I was a 17-18 year old fan, not the media - and certainly all of Cincinnati wasn't listening at the time. Maybe you all are right about his comments, but I don't think they mean anything at the end of the day. If Andy plays awful to finish the year, you'd be crazy to think they aren't at least considering other options.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3055
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
If you should have learned anything in your growth as a Bengals fan, it's that what ML says means nothing. Zilch. Zada. Nada. Nunca.


I get what you are saying, but I sort of disagree with part of it. Usually Marvin pulls the book of coach-speak out when talking with the media. However, when he does say something about particular players, he doesn't lie. i can't count the times where he said something straight and I thought it was a smokescreen or bluff. He has said that Andy is the QB of this team moving forward. And no, I'm not going to look for specific instances to quote. Not joining the argument, but pointing that out.

Too late! You're now wrapped up in the debate that shall persist until at least May, 2014...and most likely longer.


I guess we all contextualize it different. I see "moving forward" meaning through this season. At the end of the season, all bets are off (either in favor of Dalton, or against him).

I agree that Marvin speaks truthfully of his players. I met him after we took Marvin Jones in the draft, and he said he liked his speed but he had a long way to go. Didn't sugarcoat it, and was honest. However, I was a 17-18 year old fan, not the media - and certainly all of Cincinnati wasn't listening at the time. Maybe you all are right about his comments, but I don't think they mean anything at the end of the day. If Andy plays awful to finish the year, you'd be crazy to think they aren't at least considering other options.


I agree, but don't you think all clubs are pretty much looking to improve at all positions most of the time ? Its an ongoing process. Gruden was clearly unhappy with Josh Johnson in pre-season, so at the very least I expect them to be looking to upgrade the back-up position, and who knows who they'll look at in the draft ? Maybe someone who ends up looking better than Dalton in camp. Who knows ?
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hokie


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 649
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:


You guys are all serious. Relax.


When you think about it, Dalton is one of the most polarizing players this team has ever had, which really says something once you consider Chad, Palmer, Dillon, Pickens, etc. By no means am I saying Dalton has a bad attitude, just that people tend to have a strong opinion about him either way.

It's weird, because on other sports message boards I frequent, I'm usually the guy who makes dumb jokes... so yeah, this is just something else I can blame Dalton for; I've turned into one of those "serious guys" because of him! It's all his fault! Stupid Dalton...

That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group