Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

updated draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mijags

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: updated draft Reply with quote

1. allen robinson WR penn st (ive come around on this guy, size and speed AND he should be available when we pick)

2. calvin pryor - S, louisville (might be a bit high for a saftey, but i dont trust delmas' streak of good health, pryor will be a worthy heir apparent)

3. carl bradford, OLB, arizona st (we get a playmaking linebacker to go with levy and tully)

4. tyler larson C, utah st (we get dom's replacement here)

6. nick o'leary, TE, florida st (we take a TE late, he could (probably will) rise before all is said & done, but right now, hes a projected round 4-7 pick)

7. chandler catanzaro, K, clemson (good kicker, worthy of a draft pick, will replace akers)
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags,

At this stage of the season Lions are ranked;

6th overall on Offense

3rd in passing offense
21st in rushing offense

24th overall on Defense

8th in defensive rushing
26th in defensive passing

I would hope our draft would take into consideration areas that need to be strengthened.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
mijags,

6th overall on Offense

3rd in passing offense
21st in rushing offense

24th overall on Defense

8th in defensive rushing

I would hope our draft would take into consideration areas that need to be strengthened.

I completely understand what you're saying. However, just to argue the other side for a minute.

What happens to that passing offense if/when Calvin Johnson gets hurt for any length of time? He can't play though multiple injuries for his whole career.
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
duanegarrison09 wrote:
mijags,

6th overall on Offense

3rd in passing offense
21st in rushing offense

24th overall on Defense

8th in defensive rushing

I completely understand what you're saying. However, just to argue the other side for a minute.

What happens to that passing offense if/when Calvin Johnson gets hurt for any length of time? He can't play though multiple injuries for his whole career.

I would rather draft starters for my defense than draft backups for my offense. Our secondary is pitiful..........
mijags

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, robinson would start over anyone not not named calvin johnson on this roster. If we go CB this offseason, its most likely going to be through FA since this is one of the most unimpressive classes of CBs ive seen in years.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
duanegarrison09 wrote:
mijags,

6th overall on Offense

3rd in passing offense
21st in rushing offense

24th overall on Defense

8th in defensive rushing

I would rather draft starters for my defense than draft backups for my offense. Our secondary is pitiful..........

A #2 WR Would start, though. If the Lions had a playmaker there the offense would literally be unstoppable.

With that said, unless there is a no brainer WR available I want them to go defense. Although, they're probably better off trying to land a CB in FA because they are terrible at drafting them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: