Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT Lions at Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

And the winner is?
Lions
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Steelers
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire 2nd half was played by a team and coaches who thought they already won the game.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when you think the Lions are getting ready to take the next step up as a team, reality bites you hard in the behind...

Other than the second quarter which wasnt perfect, absolutely pathetic...

Still have a very very long way to go.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
So you never said he wasn't terrible today because of drops, but because "too many drops occurred" he wasn't terrible?

Am I getting that contradiction correct?

There is no contradiction. I stated that there were too many drops, and that he made plenty of great plays. Both were factors.

Team Stylish
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
I don't know what you expect out of Stafford... perfection? He could have played better, but you can say that about any losing teams QB. Drops and poor DB play are the biggest reasons we lost today.... and I could see an argument for being outcoached (although, I don't consider the fake-FG a poor coaching decision)

I expect him to make good decisions and hit open receivers.

That's pretty vague. Good decisions are often defined by the results of the play/game, and they are purely subjective anyways.

How often/when do you expect him to hit open receivers? Every play? A certain percentage of the time? When the game's on the line? Do you expect him to throw receivers open consistently when they're blanketed?

He didn't hit every open receiver today, but I don't think he missed as much as his stat line suggests. Our receivers outside of CJ continue to fail in getting separation. He missed Ogeltree and Bush, and those were the only plays that looked like he blatantly missed to me... and I'm not going to pin a loss on the QB when he made enough plays down the stretch for us to win. The drop by Ogeltree, Ross, and the INT (which most posters will probably bash him for, but praise him when CJ catches it in triple coverage) were the plays on offense that sealed it for Pitt.

Defense was the issue. You don't win many games allowing 37 points. I don't understand why we're even talking about Stafford... unless you have expectations for him to put up 40+ points every game

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
bigez2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the series right before halftime. we had 1st and goal at the one and proceeeded to pass the ball 3 times. they coulda at least lined up under center with a threat to run. Pathetic.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrid play call doomed them. Reggie is Idiot trying to jump cut on that field

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

I don't have a big problem with the play call, although I can understand why people are bothered by it.

Reggie was completely ineffective today and while I haven't looked up the stats, it seems like he has been losing a lot of fumbles. Completely ineffective on a slow track. Played an awful game today. It was a shame to see Joique go down. That jump cut..... man. Really bad.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CutParisLenon wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I don't have a big problem with the play call, although I can understand why people are bothered by it.

Reggie was completely ineffective today and while I haven't looked up the stats, it seems like he has been losing a lot of fumbles. Completely ineffective on a slow track. Played an awful game today. It was a shame to see Joique go down. That jump cut..... man. Really bad.

Reggie Bush has fumbled twice this season officially and lost one of them. He has 29 career fumbles (15 lost).
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was able to see the first half and the last few minutes of the game. Saw the highlights or low lights, couldn't DVR the game because my Direct TV DVR went down, so can you guys fill me in on some stuff.

Did Slay play at all? If he did, how did he look?
I saw Gomes in. That guy has no business being on the field. Also, Don Carey is good for a fill in, but he should not be on the field much every time I saw him on the field today I saw him getting burned.

Our pass rush looked pathetic, did it get any better in the second half?

Why did we fake a FG?! That looked like the dumbest decision ever. Didn't see it or why but from the time on the clock and the score not to mention the distance, why would you not take the FG?

I have always stuck up for our coaching staff but they are making terrible calls sometimes.

Lastly did we suffer any injuries? And is there anything that stuck out of this game that I missed/need to know? Thanks
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again our defense/defensive play calling was the main problem. I'm ok with us losing that game because we don't deserve a win when our defensive coordinator simply can't learn from his mistakes. It has been a reoccurring theme this year watching opposing qbs sit in the pocket with all kinds of time and you would think that, upon seeing it happen time and time again, more blitzes would be called and more changes be made to compensate for a lack of defensive production.

Overall, however, I think we're still in a good position and have as good a chance as anyone to make the playoffs. The NFC north is ours to lose.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
Why did we fake a FG?! That looked like the dumbest decision ever. Didn't see it or why but from the time on the clock and the score not to mention the distance, why would you not take the FG?

Really, with how the game had unfolded up until that point, I don't think anyone expected the Steelers to begin a 8+ minute drive. There were over 12 minutes left, and they must have seen something on film to make them think it was a good decision. (The hole was initially huge on the play, but the Steelers reacted well.)

I disagreed with the call at the time, and it was clearly a significant play in the game, but some blame must also be placed on the defense for how they were manhandled (especially during that long drive).

Team Stylish
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Really, with how the game had unfolded up until that point, I don't think anyone expected the Steelers to begin a 8+ minute drive. There were over 12 minutes left, and they must have seen something on film to make them think it was a good decision. (The hole was initially huge on the play, but the Steelers reacted well.)

I disagreed with the call at the time, and it was clearly a significant play in the game, but some blame must also be placed on the defense for how they were manhandled (especially during that long drive).
I thought the fake fg was a good call in that situation if you really think about it but I agree with the bold 100%

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Sorry what drive? Sorry again I wasn't able to see the second half and nothings worse to lose and not really know how it happened. TL, if you don't mind who played well and who played bad in this one? I know Mathis has been alright for us, but I seem him get burned quite a bit and don't see why Slay doesn't get more of a chance. I know he gets beat but he is in position to make a play when he does. Did he get any playing time this game?
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cibowilson wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Sorry what drive? Sorry again I wasn't able to see the second half and nothings worse to lose and not really know how it happened. TL, if you don't mind who played well and who played bad in this one? I know Mathis has been alright for us, but I seem him get burned quite a bit and don't see why Slay doesn't get more of a chance. I know he gets beat but he is in position to make a play when he does. Did he get any playing time this game?

Slay didn't stand out during the game, if he was even on the field. It seemed like his snaps went elsewhere, which is a shame: he's certainly raw, but has upside.

After we failed on the fake FG attempt, the Steelers went on a 8+ minute drive that ended in a TD. Before that point, it seemed like we'd have plenty of time to get the ball back and rectify the failed attempt, but that wasn't the case: we next touched the ball down by 3 with 2-ish minutes left, and Stafford was forced to throw it up late in the game (which happened to get intercepted). On the play prior to that pass, Ross dropped a wide open pass past the first down marker.

Houston didn't have a great game by any means: he was an ineffective tackler for the most part, and seemed threaten by Brown's speed, playing off him considerably despite having safety help over the top. Quin was solid: broke up another would-be TD in the end zone. Both Levy and Mathis dropped easy INTs. Delmas forced an incomplete pass on a key 3rd down, which was initially ruled a catch: he insisted that the pass was dropped, and Schwartz challenged the play.

It's hard to limit the blame to just one aspect of the team this week. The defense struggled, the offense failed to make needed plays, and the coaches seemed to outsmart themselves. Warford had a dominant game, though, and Bell was very good before leaving due to injury.

Team Stylish
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
cibowilson wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
cibowilson wrote:

Slay didn't stand out during the game, if he was even on the field. It seemed like his snaps went elsewhere, which is a shame: he's certainly raw, but has upside.

After we failed on the fake FG attempt, the Steelers went on a 8+ minute drive that ended in a TD. Before that point, it seemed like we'd have plenty of time to get the ball back and rectify the failed attempt, but that wasn't the case: we next touched the ball down by 3 with 2-ish minutes left, and Stafford was forced to throw it up late in the game (which happened to get intercepted). On the play prior to that pass, Ross dropped a wide open pass past the first down marker.

Houston didn't have a great game by any means: he was an ineffective tackler for the most part, and seemed threaten by Brown's speed, playing off him considerably despite having safety help over the top. Quin was solid: broke up another would-be TD in the end zone. Both Levy and Mathis dropped easy INTs. Delmas forced an incomplete pass on a key 3rd down, which was initially ruled a catch: he insisted that the pass was dropped, and Schwartz challenged the play.

It's hard to limit the blame to just one aspect of the team this week. The defense struggled, the offense failed to make needed plays, and the coaches seemed to outsmart themselves. Warford had a dominant game, though, and Bell was very good before leaving due to injury.

Thanks. In the first half we dropped or missed out on a couple INTs that would have kept points off the board. We really need a play maker in the back end that gets picks. We just don't get INTs and its really killing us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: