Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Levine Toilolo our future at the tight end position?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrell123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I honestly don't see why Chase Coffman couldn't be the starter. In preseason he had great chemistry with Ryan.

Chase Coffman has sucked his whole pro career. One good playoff catch and some meaningless preseason games don't really make me want to give him the keys to the Ferrari.

I think this class is deep all-around. I wouldn't be mad if we took Arthur Lynch or Xavier Grimble in round 4-5 and let all 3 (Levine, Coff, and draftee) compete for the job.
Coffman has not sucked his whole career, he's consistently a very athletic capable receiving target. He just can't block better than most wideouts. Seeing as how he has barely seen the field since preseason I'm not that impressed with his durability though. Lynch is not the answer though, that guy is way too injury prone and can't make much of an impact when UGAs wideouts are hurt.
The last thing we need is a starting TE that cant block. Our oline is bad enough by themselves. Our run game has degressed like a mf..
Oh in no way do I want Coffman as our #1 TE. I just think he's a suitable complement to Toilolo in the meantime, although as I said in my mock I still think we should draft a rookie in the mid rounds to compete with Toilolo and Coffman.
We cant waste a pick on a TE imo. Have you seen our O and D lines play this year?
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I honestly don't see why Chase Coffman couldn't be the starter. In preseason he had great chemistry with Ryan.

Chase Coffman has sucked his whole pro career. One good playoff catch and some meaningless preseason games don't really make me want to give him the keys to the Ferrari.

I think this class is deep all-around. I wouldn't be mad if we took Arthur Lynch or Xavier Grimble in round 4-5 and let all 3 (Levine, Coff, and draftee) compete for the job.
Coffman has not sucked his whole career, he's consistently a very athletic capable receiving target. He just can't block better than most wideouts. Seeing as how he has barely seen the field since preseason I'm not that impressed with his durability though. Lynch is not the answer though, that guy is way too injury prone and can't make much of an impact when UGAs wideouts are hurt.
The last thing we need is a starting TE that cant block. Our oline is bad enough by themselves. Our run game has degressed like a mf..
Oh in no way do I want Coffman as our #1 TE. I just think he's a suitable complement to Toilolo in the meantime, although as I said in my mock I still think we should draft a rookie in the mid rounds to compete with Toilolo and Coffman.
We cant waste a pick on a TE imo. Have you seen our O and D lines play this year?

As long as it isn't before the 4th, I wouldn't mind it. I really like the later round TEs in this class.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Toilolo is a long term solution. Nor do I think Coffman is. But for next season with the weapons we already have that we'll be getting back healthy in Jones and White and Jackson, I would roll with a committee at TE. Then find one in 2015.
falcons145

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
I don't think Toilolo is a long term solution. Nor do I think Coffman is. But for next season with the weapons we already have that we'll be getting back healthy in Jones and White and Jackson, I would roll with a committee at TE. Then find one in 2015.

Agreed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: