Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Levine Toilolo our future at the tight end position?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcons145

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Is Levine Toilolo our future at the tight end position? Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever mocked a tight end to the falcons in the first 3 rounds before, but our big threat Gonzo is leaving. Toilolo has caused redzone problems for other teams, but the question is whether he'll be effective enough to do it all by himself. Should we rely on him to be the future?
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Levine Toilolo our future at the tight end position? Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
I don't think I've ever mocked a tight end to the falcons in the first 3 rounds before, but our big threat Gonzo is leaving. Toilolo has caused redzone problems for other teams, but the question is whether he'll be effective enough to do it all by himself. Should we rely on him to be the future?

At least for next season, yes. We have too many glaring needs to waste a pick on a TE which would be a luxury pick for us.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying this since he was drafted; he's a long term #2 TE, but were going to have to find a serious receiving threat to compliment him.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
I've been saying this since he was drafted; he's a long term #2 TE, but were going to have to find a serious receiving threat to compliment him.

We can get by next year. I just don't see us wasting a pick on a TE with such glaring needs on both lines.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see why Chase Coffman couldn't be the starter. In preseason he had great chemistry with Ryan.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
I honestly don't see why Chase Coffman couldn't be the starter. In preseason he had great chemistry with Ryan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

Chase Coffman has sucked his whole pro career. One good playoff catch and some meaningless preseason games don't really make me want to give him the keys to the Ferrari.

I think this class is deep all-around. I wouldn't be mad if we took Arthur Lynch or Xavier Grimble in round 4-5 and let all 3 (Levine, Coff, and draftee) compete for the job.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Chase Coffman has sucked his whole pro career. One good playoff catch and some meaningless preseason games don't really make me want to give him the keys to the Ferrari.

I think this class is deep all-around. I wouldn't be mad if we took Arthur Lynch or Xavier Grimble in round 4-5 and let all 3 (Levine, Coff, and draftee) compete for the job.
Coffman has not sucked his whole career, he's consistently a very athletic capable receiving target. He just can't block better than most wideouts. Seeing as how he has barely seen the field since preseason I'm not that impressed with his durability though. Lynch is not the answer though, that guy is way too injury prone and can't make much of an impact when UGAs wideouts are hurt.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
This.. Just not in next years draft. OT/OG/DE/DT/LB/S/RB. Plus a gazillion UFA o and d lineman, de's, safeties, lb's, and rb's, to battle it out in camp. Might be time for a mock. Smile

Last edited by terrell123 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Coffman has not sucked his whole career, he's consistently a very athletic capable receiving target.

When was this and where was I? According to pro-football-reference he has 4 career NFL catches. If that is consistent then I'm almost there as an NFL TE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be ok with the combo of Coffman and Toloilo for a year. See how things go. Who knows what we have with Toloilo. He will never be an explosive weapon like a TG, Graham, or Gronk, but he could be the reliable 3rd down target that Matt loves. He sure does have the size for it.

One thing we have going for us, is the fact that the tight end class in the 2014 draft seems to be one of the better ones in recent memory. Ebron, ASJ, and Amaro should all go in the first couple of rounds, but a guy like Fiederowicz, Pederson, Grimble, or even O'Leary(if he comes out) could be available in the 4th round. I wouldnt be opposed to taking one of those guys if we address the trenches in the first three rounds.

#JDI
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I would be ok with the combo of Coffman and Toloilo for a year. See how things go. Who knows what we have with Toloilo. He will never be an explosive weapon like a TG, Graham, or Gronk, but he could be the reliable 3rd down target that Matt loves. He sure does have the size for it.

One thing we have going for us, is the fact that the tight end class in the 2014 draft seems to be one of the better ones in recent memory. Ebron, ASJ, and Amaro should all go in the first couple of rounds, but a guy like Fiederowicz, Pederson, Grimble, or even O'Leary(if he comes out) could be available in the 4th round. I wouldnt be opposed to taking one of those guys if we address the trenches in the first three rounds.

I agree with the bolded part. However in the 4th, I would not want to take a TE. We could take a S, OLB, or another OL/DL... I just think 4th round is still too high to waste on a TE. I have no idea how the 2015 TE class is looking, but I'm sure we can address it then.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Coffman has not sucked his whole career, he's consistently a very athletic capable receiving target. He just can't block better than most wideouts. Seeing as how he has barely seen the field since preseason I'm not that impressed with his durability though. Lynch is not the answer though, that guy is way too injury prone and can't make much of an impact when UGAs wideouts are hurt.
The last thing we need is a starting TE that cant block. Our oline is bad enough by themselves. Our run game has degressed like a mf..
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

The last thing we need is a starting TE that cant block. Our oline is bad enough by themselves. Our run game has degressed like a mf..
Oh in no way do I want Coffman as our #1 TE. I just think he's a suitable complement to Toilolo in the meantime, although as I said in my mock I still think we should draft a rookie in the mid rounds to compete with Toilolo and Coffman.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he will be a solid #2. A player they teach how to do everything good but nothing great.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: