Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - Not Weird if it works edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lions win the division?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
You just have to be smart about it. I have gotten jersey's at Marshall's or TJ Max for $15, and an authentic for $40. I choose to spend my money on other things than a 150$ jersey. If that's what you want, don't spend elsewhere. The guys playing professional sports risk their well being daily and are the elite of elite at what they do. It's no different than any other job in which the CEO makes a ton of money. I can't always afford Apple products, so should they all take pay cuts and make iPads cheaper? Business is business, and the overall goal is to make money. Sure it would be nice to have things be cheaper but if I can't afford the jersey, I will just buy a t shirt.

My feelings, too. Plus, I think jerseys are lame now, anyway.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own any jerseys. I have T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc, but not jerseys. I'd rather spend my money more wisely for my situation (going to grad school, buying a house, etc). But I don't fault the players for the pricing of apparel. They have no say or control over that.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have a Lions jersey how can you be a fan.. All my jerseys are autograghed and still with me..pretty good investment imo. Atleast buy like the barry calvin one of the best lions.. mow a lawn
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
If you don't have a Lions jersey how can you be a fan.. All my jerseys are autograghed and still with me..pretty good investment imo. Atleast buy like the barry calvin one of the best lions.. mow a lawn

Jerseys are out of style. im not spending that money on a shirt that I won't wear and I wouodnt be caught dead wearing a jersey unless im at a game and since I live in Arkansas now, the games I attend are few and far between
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
You just have to be smart about it. I have gotten jersey's at Marshall's or TJ Max for $15, and an authentic for $40. I choose to spend my money on other things than a 150$ jersey. If that's what you want, don't spend elsewhere. The guys playing professional sports risk their well being daily and are the elite of elite at what they do. It's no different than any other job in which the CEO makes a ton of money. I can't always afford Apple products, so should they all take pay cuts and make iPads cheaper? Business is business, and the overall goal is to make money. Sure it would be nice to have things be cheaper but if I can't afford the jersey, I will just buy a t shirt.

My feelings, too. Plus, I think jerseys are lame now, anyway.

I'm not a big fan of football jerseys, but I like baseball jerseys. Regardless, I do own a Stafford Jersey. I paid an overwhelming $15 for it a couple years ago. It is the old style rather than the Nike update, but whatever. It gets the point across and it costed less than a date at the movies.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

I have my CJ jersey.

I also have an Ottawa jersey signed by Chris Neil which is a sentimental favourite. I'm an Oilers fan but Neil is such a great neighbour, father, husband, community leader and an old school heart and soul player that it means a great deal to me.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

Jerseys are out of style. im not spending that money on a shirt that I won't wear and I wouodnt be caught dead wearing a jersey unless im at a game and since I live in Arkansas now, the games I attend are few and far between

Jerseys have never been, "in style," except at sporting events.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

I feel the same way and I live around here still. I just don't go out the house to a movie, shopping, bar, bowling or something rocking a jersey unless it's for the teams sporting event.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

I agree completely.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite a few jersey's, most from my days when I went through a ghetto phase. But I still wear lions jersey's when I go to a friends house to watch the games. I never wear one as normal attire.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I have quite a few jersey's, most from my days when I went through a ghetto phase. But I still wear lions jersey's when I go to a friends house to watch the games. I never wear one as normal attire.

I have a Yzerman jersey (gift) that a hanger in my closet has worn for the last 11 years...

... and that's about it.

Team Stylish
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sanders and Verlander jersey that I plan to frame and hang on the wall, and then a Suh jersey I sometimes wear on gamedays for superstition. I would never regularly wear them, but don't think they're a terrible expenditure for decor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I wear is pocket t-shirts from Wal-Mart for about $2 a piece and jeans for about $12. If it covers my body and lasts, then it has done what it is intended to do.

You might be a redneck if..... Laughing

EDIT: My last pair of shorts gave it up last summer and I couldn't find a pair of plain jean shorts for under $15 and none of my jeans were ready to be cut off so I wore jeans all year. My first wife said I could make a penny scream I was such a tight wad Laughing
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my family, men aren't supposed to wear jerseys they haven't earned. I own a Barry jersey from when I was 12, and I have a personalized tigers warmup jersey that I don't wear (birthday gift).

I don't buy them because it feels strange to wear something with another man's name.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a jersey fan and never have been. I really only see them when watching games with friends or at the game itself. I occasionally see Lions gear and its usually during football season.

150 bucks could pay 3 or 4 bills for me. I just think its too much for something I will rarely if never wear.

Autographed jersey would be cool if I met the person who signed it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

Jump to: