Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - Not Weird if it works edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lions win the division?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsler: 'It's a really cool opportunity'

Quote:
He doesn't know much about Detroit yet, but there's little doubt that Ian Kinsler is excited about being a member of the Tigers.

Kinsler, 31, was on vacation in Hawaii when he was inundated with text messages and phone calls letting him know he had been traded.

Quote:
Once Kinsler discovered the trade talk was true, well ... "My head went straight to the (Tigers) team, as far as the players on the team and the type of product that's on the field and the opportunity to win," Kinsler said on a conference call Monday.

"As far as I'm concerned, I don't know a lot about the city, but when I was an opposing player there, the fans were electric," he went on to say. "I played in the ALCS there, and it was an unbelievable atmosphere.

"You always hear about the Red Wings, and you hear about the Lions, obviously, the Pistons have had their times where they've been great. The fans are as supportive as anyone in the country, so I'm excited about it. It's a really cool opportunity."

For those who don't really know Kinsler, he describes himself as "an emotional player."

"I like to scream and yell, and jump up and down, and show emotion when I play," he said. "I知 going to try to bring that to the best I can every day. I知 going to play hard. I知 going to play to win.

I知 going to try to do the little things to win. I知 going to try to take advantage of situations to put myself and my team in a better position to win, and that痴 really what it痴 all about for me when I play."

Quote:
Kinsler, a career .273 hitter, hasn't had much luck at Comerica Park, with a career. 200 average, three home runs and 18 RBIs in 36 games there.

"It's always weird to look at stats and analyze every little thing, but it's definitely a tough place to play, just because of the starting pitching," Kinsler said. "I played at Detroit in 2011 in the ALCS and played some games well in the ALCS in Detroit, so I definitely think about the good games over the bad games.

"I'm excited to call it my home and hopefully kick that trend."

He says more, but I can't quote the whole article so check out the link. I love his attitude.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
davisblack wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2013/11/report_detroit_tigers_in_serio.html#incart_river

Tigers are in serious negotiations with Brian Wilson.

I guess I'm alright with it as long as they don't automatically make him our closer.
Yeah, I want them to keep their options open at closer. Wouldn't mind bringing in multiple guys to compete for the job.

I'm surprised people aren't talking about the supposed visit we had with Cano Laughing

The Tigers have the need to add a few arms to the Bullpen now that Smyly is in the rotation, Veras is gone, Benoit is gone, Dotel is gone, and no one has a defined role. The only guy with much talent there is Rondon and he has a lot of unknowns going into the season. Brian Wilson (assuming he's healthy) could fill a variety of roles and he has big time experience.

There were a lot of conflicting reports about Cano, and unless I see a legit article from a legit source (not twitter) then I'm not really going to buy it. Regardless, I don't see Cano as the piece the Tigers look to bring in. They have too many holes to throw out nearly $300 million. They need to sign Cabrera and fill several other holes rather than throw that money at Cano.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cano, Wilson, Cabrera even...we could have the best team in 2006. Confused
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meaningless odd fact I just picked up from FB.

My mom and X's dad have precisely the same birth date.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

Cool.

Slim and I have the same birthday but I'm just a couple years older. Wink

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

they are the same person

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

they are the same person

Laughing Laughing Laughing
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can they kill of ****** Griffin but keep Walt Jr on Breaking Bad? Am contacting our Senator over this matter.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
How can they kill of ****** Griffin but keep Walt Jr on Breaking Bad? Am contacting our Senator over this matter.

I'm actually friends and hunt with Mike Kowall quite a bit. I can whisper in his ear if you'd like? Laughing
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

I'm actually friends and hunt with Mike Kowall quite a bit. I can whisper in his ear if you'd like? Laughing

Let him know of my outrage!

Lmao, that's pretty funny.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Cool.

A couple years times 25

Through Facebook I realized about 5 or 6 of my friends share our birthday. I guess a lot of people enjoy their Labor Day weekends. Wink

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Cool.

A couple years times 25

Through Facebook I realized about 5 or 6 of my friends share our birthday
. I guess a lot of people enjoy their Labor Day weekends. Wink

LOL....they must.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love it if the players union came out and said every player is going to take a 25% cut starting in 2014. on a 53 man team the average player makes 2.32M or so (practice squads and stuff I know). But if the players came out and said they don't want fans to spend $70.00 on a jersey because it is far too much for an average fan to afford so they will take a 25% pay cut for tix and gear to drop I'd gain a lot of respect for these guys.

A lot of NFL players came from background that can't afford a pot to [inappropriate/removed] in. Yet they get such high wages that the NFL will charge $70-$80 for a simple jersey (without stiching). Shouldn't they know more than most that fans can't always afford that crap?

Sig bet
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I would love it if the players union came out and said every player is going to take a 25% cut starting in 2014. on a 53 man team the average player makes 2.32M or so (practice squads and stuff I know). But if the players came out and said they don't want fans to spend $70.00 on a jersey because it is far too much for an average fan to afford so they will take a 25% pay cut for tix and gear to drop I'd gain a lot of respect for these guys.

A lot of NFL players came from background that can't afford a pot to [inappropriate/removed] in. Yet they get such high wages that the NFL will charge $70-$80 for a simple jersey (without stiching). Shouldn't they know more than most that fans can't always afford that crap?

I understand what your suggesting but it's really unrealistic. You're also assuming any money the players give back will be passed on to the fans which would never happen.

Players at the bottom of the pay scale could be without employment tomorrow not having played well enough to guarantee financial independance. Most of these ideas never consider that the majority of players aren't making the huge dollars enjoyed by the top 15%. You also have to subtract agent fee's, taxes etc. so income is far less than assumed by many.

Personally I don't care how much they charge for anything. I have the ability to vote with my wallet and have in regards to the NHL. People are buying the jerseys, attending the games so affordability doesn't seem to be an issue.

By comparison our season tickets for hockey got so expensive that the cost of my wife and I to attend two Senators games cost the equivalent of our two Lions season tickets. Jerseys? For an authentic NHL jersey, crested and including number and name can run $375.00. We dropped our hockey season tickets. One of my kids has a two seat 1/2 season package so my wife and I simply buy her tickets when the Bruins or Oilers are in town.

It's not the responsibility of the players to make it more affordable for you and I. That's the responsibility of ownership and the league. Unfortunately that will never happen given demand for the NFL product.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to be smart about it. I have gotten jersey's at Marshall's or TJ Max for $15, and an authentic for $40. I choose to spend my money on other things than a 150$ jersey. If that's what you want, don't spend elsewhere. The guys playing professional sports risk their well being daily and are the elite of elite at what they do. It's no different than any other job in which the CEO makes a ton of money. I can't always afford Apple products, so should they all take pay cuts and make iPads cheaper? Business is business, and the overall goal is to make money. Sure it would be nice to have things be cheaper but if I can't afford the jersey, I will just buy a t shirt.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 10 of 73

Jump to: