Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - Not Weird if it works edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lions win the division?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Need all of your support for my Dayton Flyers today!

Let's Go UD!!!

In tough but they have awesome depth. Hopefully they can pull another upset.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
nagahide13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/rangers-fans-turn-memorial-statue-into-garbage-can-on-opening-day-004803475.html

I'm not really sure that I blame the fans quite as much as the writer of this article does... How does Texas not see this coming? With the way the statue is built and where it's placed it's a pretty obvious problem... Couldn't they have at least put a few trash cans and recycling bins near it?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/rangers-fans-turn-memorial-statue-into-garbage-can-on-opening-day-004803475.html

I'm not really sure that I blame the fans quite as much as the writer of this article does... How does Texas not see this coming? With the way the statue is built and where it's placed it's a pretty obvious problem... Couldn't they have at least put a few trash cans and recycling bins near it?

A black chain link fence surrounding the statue would help.

Trash can would be automatic, you would think.

It's pretty obvious people were looking for somewhere to put the cans and the absence of a trash can left the statue as the only place.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Jrugges

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

A black chain link fence surrounding the statue would help.

Trash can would be automatic, you would think.

It's pretty obvious people were looking for somewhere to put the cans and the absence of a trash can left the statue as the only place.

I was mad at the people first, then I was thinking... What the hell, there's no trash can near it? Big time fail on the Rangers/ball parks side. How the heck do you not think of putting trash cans near the statue/entrance of the park where there is no outside beverages aloud? DUH!

Small fence would help but I think it could of been totally avoided with four trash/recycle cans on each corner. I'd do both if I'm running the park now that I've been publicly humiliated.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may before most of your time but DHLF may know who I am talking about...

David Pack (of Ambrosia fame) has/had a phenomenal voice. Great range and sounds beautiful live as well (from the videos I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIWtY7gzvA

No idea why they weren't more popular. "You're The Only Woman" is a really soulful love song.

That video shows his great voice really well. I'm very impressed.

Sig bet
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to start a new thread for this because I wasn't sure of the reaction it would receive and I didn't want to appear as if I was trolling.

Lets say that one of the top QB's of this draft falls to the second round (Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr, Bortles). Would you consider drafting them?

I'm not advocating one QB over another and I doubt this would happen but if one of those QB's fell into our laps, would you pass and put your faith in Stafford or maybe go BPA and grab a QB that Caldwell/Lombardi could mold...

While I enjoy Stafford as our QB. His inconsistencies and second half last year make me question where Stafford is going with this franchise...

Anyways, crazy thought. Was just reading that Bridgewater could drop into the second and this thought popped into my head.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this because I wasn't sure of the reaction it would receive and I didn't want to appear as if I was trolling.

Lets say that one of the top QB's of this draft falls to the second round (Bridgewater, Manziel, Carr, Bortles). Would you consider drafting them?

I'm not advocating one QB over another and I doubt this would happen but if one of those QB's fell into our laps, would you pass and put your faith in Stafford or maybe go BPA and grab a QB that Caldwell/Lombardi could mold...

While I enjoy Stafford as our QB. His inconsistencies and second half last year make me question where Stafford is going with this franchise...

Anyways, crazy thought. Was just reading that Bridgewater could drop into the second and this thought popped into my head.

Only one I would consider would be TBW, dont see any way he drops that far though. And even then, probably not.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:

Only one I would consider would be TBW, dont see any way he drops that far though. And even then, probably not.

I agree. If they want a QB to mold then we have to move Stafford and grab one we think is first round worthy. Rarely has a potential top 10 pick QB dropped to the 2nd and turned out. They fall for a reason and other than a couple, they flame out. I am concerned with Stafford but still if one of those was there in the 2nd, I would pass rather easily.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:

Some may call me crazy, but if Bridgewater is there at #10, I would be perfectly fine if we drafted him. To me he is the single most valuable player in this draft, so I see no problem with drafting him. Either Bridgewater or Stafford could be traded down the line.

Though, if he's there at #10, I'd rather trade down with someone and get good value in a trade down.

R.I.P. Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burleson signed with the Browns.

I appreciate his time here in Detroit. Wish he could have stayed given his locker room presence and talent as our possible number 4.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on a 70's soft rock kick. I get on kicks with random types of music and such. About a year ago I was on a grunge kick lol.

Some really good soft rock in the 70's. May be a better decade of music than the 80's.

Thus far I have become a "Bread" fan.

Sig bet
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Been on a 70's soft rock kick. I get on kicks with random types of music and such. About a year ago I was on a grunge kick lol.

Some really good soft rock in the 70's. May be a better decade of music than the 80's.

The 70's were a great decade of music. The 80's flat out sucked.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

That about sums it up. The only positive I saw in the 80s was the beginning of strong speed metal with Metallica and Overkill leading the charge. But even that was slowing considerably by the end of the decade and was really about all the 80s could claim as good. Late 60s/early 70s seems to me to a great era for cars, music, ect. I really was born too late Laughing
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

That about sums it up. The only positive I saw in the 80s was the beginning of strong speed metal with Metallica and Overkill leading the charge. But even that was slowing considerably by the end of the decade and was really about all the 80s could claim as good. Late 60s/early 70s seems to me to a great era for cars, music, ect. I really was born too late Laughing

I strongly disagree, sure some 80s was awful but you can say that about any generation. I actually enjoyed the hair bands, the one hit wonders, and just about everything else about the 80's. Although 80's hip hop was not my flavor and I enjoy the 90s much more.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I strongly disagree, sure some 80s was awful but you can say that about any generation. I actually enjoyed the hair bands, the one hit wonders, and just about everything else about the 80's. Although 80's hip hop was not my flavor and I enjoy the 90s much more.

Even if you like the hair bands, they really started in the 70s (even 60s if you really want to get down to it) and it is hard to claim they were better than the original rock and roll movement. I have nothing against the hair bands, but they really don't even compare. The 80s was arguably the worst musical decade since the 19th century.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 71 of 99

Jump to: