Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - Not Weird if it works edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lions win the division?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: The Anything Thread - Not Weird if it works edition Reply with quote

Old thread:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=525577&start=1695

On with the show.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title makes me nervous. Don't want to jinx it.

Would rather it be called "playoff push" or something along those lines.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:

Agreed.

Having a hard time deciding my vote for the poll as well.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Tigers trade Prince and go after Ellsbury.

Maybe trade Prince to the Mets and eat some of his contract.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:

Well, they are first place in the NFCN right now. It hasn't happened often in the last few years, might as well enjoy it while we can and see how long we can extend it.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

I think it depends on what type of ball Ausmus is going to play. Under Leyland, I think Ellsbury's talent would have been wasted because Jim didn't send guys a lot. Ellsbury is a fine player even if he doesn't steal bases, but you'd be spending over 100m on a guy whose game you wouldn't utilize to the fullest.

However, if Ausmus is sending guys frequently, Ellsbury is a guy I am looking at, even with his injury concerns. He is the most dynamic base runner in the business and when he gets on base to lead off, the entire complexion of the game changes.

As for Prince, we need to trade him this year if we are going to do it, while his value is still high. I think we'd have to eat some of the contract at this point anyway, but the amount we have to eat is obviously going to increase as the years go on.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CutParisLenon wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I think it depends on what type of ball Ausmus is going to play. Under Leyland, I think Ellsbury's talent would have been wasted because Jim didn't send guys a lot. Ellsbury is a fine player even if he doesn't steal bases, but you'd be spending over 100m on a guy whose game you wouldn't utilize to the fullest.

However, if Ausmus is sending guys frequently, Ellsbury is a guy I am looking at, even with his injury concerns. He is the most dynamic base runner in the business and when he gets on base to lead off, the entire complexion of the game changes.

As for Prince, we need to trade him this year if we are going to do it, while his value is still high. I think we'd have to eat some of the contract at this point anyway, but the amount we have to eat is obviously going to increase as the years go on.

I agree with you. I have a feeling Ausmus is going to get this team playing rounded baseball that involves more than a power game. If the added Ellsbury to Iglesias and Jackson the complexion changes dramatically.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some of you disagree with most things I write but I have somethign that was want to vent on. I work at a brokerage company. Truck brokerage to clear. Example:We will get a customer to tell us they want 11 units of plywood to be shipped from Portland Oregon to Dallas TX. We then find a company out there that can move it and we keep a % of it (usually 6-15%).

Well we have about 10 brokers that work for us. I am just an equipment manager/accounting manager. If the brokers make X amount of profit they make a % off everything after that. Ours is 7000. If a broker makes $10,000.00 they get 25% of $3,000.00. The % goes up to a maximum of 40% after like $15,000.00 or something. Anyways the % they keep is just a bonus they get themselves as a reward for making the company money. No one in accounting section gets anything or any portion of their money. Just our wages/salaries.

My point is, it bothers me to no end when a broker talks about how close they are to bonus or how much bonus they made that day etc. Does that seem normal? I can't in any fashion make a bonus. So bragging to me about how much of a bonus you have is just kind of rubbing it in my face. The owner of the company doesn't walk around telling the accounting dept how much his bonus check is. I understand we are part of a team per-say but it just makes me mad/irritated that they essentially brag about how much money they make compared to me.

Should I man up and just accept that and feel different or is what I feel normal and they shouldn't talk about how close they are to getting "extra" money anyways?

Sig bet
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I know some of you disagree with most things I write but I have somethign that was want to vent on. I work at a brokerage company. Truck brokerage to clear. Example:We will get a customer to tell us they want 11 units of plywood to be shipped from Portland Oregon to Dallas TX. We then find a company out there that can move it and we keep a % of it (usually 6-15%).

Well we have about 10 brokers that work for us. I am just an equipment manager/accounting manager. If the brokers make X amount of profit they make a % off everything after that. Ours is 7000. If a broker makes $10,000.00 they get 25% of $3,000.00. The % goes up to a maximum of 40% after like $15,000.00 or something. Anyways the % they keep is just a bonus they get themselves as a reward for making the company money. No one in accounting section gets anything or any portion of their money. Just our wages/salaries.

My point is, it bothers me to no end when a broker talks about how close they are to bonus or how much bonus they made that day etc. Does that seem normal? I can't in any fashion make a bonus. So bragging to me about how much of a bonus you have is just kind of rubbing it in my face. The owner of the company doesn't walk around telling the accounting dept how much his bonus check is. I understand we are part of a team per-say but it just makes me mad/irritated that they essentially brag about how much money they make compared to me.

Should I man up and just accept that and feel different or is what I feel normal and they shouldn't talk about how close they are to getting "extra" money anyways?

That's a little weird... it's like sales commission anywhere, though. At my current company, there are not a lot of people that talk about it, but they do talk about "hitting [their] numbers" and they get congratulations when an order comes through higher than expected.

Here I sit, in supply chain, incapable of making that type of bonus. But it's part of their pay structure. Salary + commission. Maybe it's different where you work, but in most cases that salary would not be close to what yours is, meaning there is just a little higher risk/reward for the sales role.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Stop hating and find out how to become a broker.

What other people make never bothers me. Unless we're talking about someone struggling making minimum wage and busting their tail for it.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I agree with you. I have a feeling Ausmus is going to get this team playing rounded baseball that involves more than a power game. If the added Ellsbury to Iglesias and Jackson the complexion changes dramatically.

I'm pretty excited to see what Ausmus does with this team and how the FO helps him get there. I would love to see Fielder moved.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Sounds like you're more jealous than bothered.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
just accept that

Yes. I think you should do this.

Sounds like you are jealous as well.

But. I don't know the whole dynamics of your work environment. If I were in that position I would just let it go. Its just something that comes with the position. The focus on the money aspect.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

I think you're justified in being upset. There's no need for the brokers to be breaking off in from of the salaried staff.

I'm a firm believer that salary and bonuses should never be discussed. The only thing that can come from it are hurt feelings.

I actually told my management staff that I didn't want to hear them discussing wages within the workplace or with managers at other facilities.

One truth I will share with you is that regardless how hard anyone works, the employee's that bring in the money will receive the highest remuneration.

So you can set your goal to become a broker or continue with your current position realizing you work with some self centred jerks. You can choose to turn the other cheek and accept their behaviour or you can calmly point out their discussion is inappropriate.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I think you're justified in being upset. There's no need for the brokers to be breaking off in from of the salaried staff.

I'm a firm believer that salary and bonuses should never be discussed. The only thing that can come from it are hurt feelings.

I actually told my management staff that I didn't want to hear them discussing wages within the workplace or with managers at other facilities.

One truth I will share with you is that regardless how hard anyone works, the employee's that bring in the money will receive the highest remuneration.

So you can set your goal to become a broker or continue with your current position realizing you work with some self centred jerks. You can choose to turn the other cheek and accept their behaviour or you can calmly point out their discussion is inappropriate.

I agree with everything that DHLF said. I'm also a firm believer that salary and bonuses should never be discussed. However, many people feel that in order to assert their status they need to spout off about how they make X amount more than the next guy. I wouldn't tolerate that type of behavior.

But, with that said, I would follow diehard's recommendations and was going to recommend the same thing myself.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: