Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet in our team meetings people are like "Hey coach, maybe we should run the ball more." And coach Reid is probably like "Whats that?" "Maybe we sh..." "Sorry, whats that? You said you want us to keep passing the ball a ton? Well I think we can manage that."
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
I can't wait for the Arrowhead crowd to cripple this Broncos offense. As far as we know, they could potentially be without Welker and Julius due to injuries, too. Not sure if they'll be back by then.

This game came down to just a few things:

1. We didn't play enough zone.
2. We didn't get enough pressure SINCE we didn't play enough zone.
3. We dropped too many passes on offense AND defense.
4. Our offensive playcalling blew. I'm talking an absolute upchuck. Playcalling was just a puked up mess. Better yet, anyone ever had a stomach virus so bad that you were essentially puking out of your butt? There you go. This game's playcalling was 60 minutes of buttchucking.

I buttchucked during the Texans game

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good game
about what i expected as well. was expecting denver to win by 10-17 with a lowish scoring game

i think the chiefs take the game at home though. if they can win the rest of the games, that gives them the division and a great shot to potentially do work in the playoffs with home field, which will be key

surprised with the lack of charles runs though. looked like roman called some of the plays

new sig... sorry alex
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see us Jam at the LOS once, not really anyway. This was a sad defensive performance IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I didn't see us Jam at the LOS once, not really anyway. This was a sad defensive performance IMO.

my dad was ticked about that all night. Absolutely no WR disruption

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

It's hard to jam when they're running picks, we jammed some at the beginning. Bottom line we had 3 stops to begin the 3rd, our O didn't capitalize and that's what lost it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two coaching decisions I would have done differently.

Gone for it on 4th and goal instead of taking the FG when we did. I know it's a huge cliche but you just can't keep taking FG's vs Denver and expect to beat them. Especially when you are one/two yards away from a TD.

Also would have tried for the 64 yard FG before the half rather than run a hail mary just so Smith could get a pointless 30 yard run. You always hear about these kickers hitting 70 yarders in practice, just give him a shot. If he hits it then we are only down by 7 late in the game when we were trying to score.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ ESPN.

I wonder if we would have gotten the same treatment if we beat Denver....
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
I can't wait for the Arrowhead crowd to cripple this Broncos offense. As far as we know, they could potentially be without Welker and Julius due to injuries, too. Not sure if they'll be back by then.

4. Our offensive playcalling blew. I'm talking an absolute upchuck. Playcalling was just a puked up mess. Better yet, anyone ever had a stomach virus so bad that you were essentially puking out of your butt? There you go. This game's playcalling was 60 minutes of buttchucking.

Whats that, Neebor? Julius Thomas isn't even injured. Despite Marcus Cooper's best attempt to tear his ACL, Thomas walked out the game, the press box announced "no injury" and he walked back in.

And do you really see your team picking itself up and beating us within the fortnight? I said before last night that the winner in week 11 will go on to sweep the series and I stand by that.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Whats that, Neebor? Julius Thomas isn't even injured. Despite Marcus Cooper's best attempt to tear his ACL, Thomas walked out the game, the press box announced "no injury" and he walked back in.

And do you really see your team picking itself up and beating us within the fortnight? I said before last night that the winner in week 11 will go on to sweep the series and I stand by that.

Cooper was clearly going for the ball. Come on...

As for the game.. I had no problem with the play calling. They took shots downfield and who in Chiefs Kingdom hasn't wanted to see more of that? Avery needs to hang on to the ball. Sherman fumble was costly (but credit that LB, good good hit). I thought Alex had some bad reads here and there (not throwing to Charles on the sideline when he split wide and then making a poor poor throw to Dex in the slot instead). Still the off game plan was ok. The execution not so much. But hey.. Denver is pretty good on defense and their LB's can run. They are good against the run and it isnt just because they get up on teams.. they are good on a yards per carry basis!

IMO the biggest fail was defensively they struggled to get jams on the WR's and we did not hit Manning even once! He got the ball out fast though! The defense played their WR screen game really good but the pick plays.. those are really tough. We got lucky cause two times on the pick routes Manning went to Welker when the other guy was WIDE OPEN behind him.. Decker was in the endzone for an easy 6 if Manning spots him. The pick plays really hurt.

That's my view anyway.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to find a way to pressure Manning period. I understand you cant blitz every play but you cant give him that much time every play.

Our offense stunk, Hey DBOWE if I paint a green leaf on the ball will you actually catch it?

Seriously sad performance by the offense.

DJ, if the only man between you and a touchdown is payton mannin you RUN HIM OVER!!!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big homer of our team so this is hard to say.. our WRs suck
We need bigger targets, that get separation..
maybe DMC is not as good as we think?
Let's just draft a Dez Bryant kind of stud because Alex is staying here for a while..
Just stack a bunch of studs like the Broncos did and boom..
Alex would be able to get the ball to players like Welker, DT

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my observations...

1.) Like we have known for a while...we need some WR. I want Marquise Lee something fierce, but that won't happen.

2a.) Pass rush has disappeared in these last three games. Not a good sign. Manning was getting the ball out extremely quick.

2b.) I know press man is our forte, but I didn't feel like we mixed up our coverages all that much. I think this was a game where Sutton wanted to "do what we do" and see where we are with that. I fully expect them to mix in more zone in two weeks.

3.) I was really impressed with Knile Davis last night. He looked really good while in the game. Ran with a purpose. Caught the ball well. Hopefully, he continues to get 5-7 touches a game moving forward.

4.) Our offensive line struggled...again.

5.) It was good to see Sanders Commings in the game and make a play early.

6.) Although it wasn't all that successful, I applaud the efforts of Alex Smith to push the ball down the field. If we can complete a couple of those type passes a game, it will really open things up for the run game, screens, etc because the D will be loosened up a bit.

7.) Hoping that this team got a wake up call last night. We will have to play well next week at home. It would be a major let down if we had a "hangover" from this game and don't take care of business against San Diego. Huge game.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ 2a yes this has been trending and it's worrisome! Manning does an amazing job so if it was just this game I'd be less concerned.. but Tuel wasn't hit last game either!

@ 2b Manning eats zone for breakfast. I liked (and still prefer) the press.. I thought they simply failed to execute their jams consistently.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
@ 2a yes this has been trending and it's worrisome! Manning does an amazing job so if it was just this game I'd be less concerned.. but Tuel wasn't hit last game either!

@ 2b Manning eats zone for breakfast. I liked (and still prefer) the press.. I thought they simply failed to execute their jams consistently.

you gotta show some zone, to try and get some pass rush though. Play man all game and he's ball out in 2.5 or less every play. Can't get there in that amount of time.

Yes we need WRs bad. Avery and McCluster suck at getting open and getting separation for being such fast and quick guys. Plus Avery can't catch worth beans. He's gotta catch it when Alex hits him down the field cause we don't do it often and we need to take advantage. Need 5 new WRs next year. Hopefully something like Bowe, Maclin, Lee, random, random, hemingway (teams beast)

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: