Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos GDT Reply with quote

First things first.

Second things second.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obligatory Kansas City defense "wtf" stat of the week-

"Kansas City opponents have had 11 snaps from the Chiefs 1 yard line. From those plays, Chiefs are out scoring their opponents 7-0."

So here we go boys and girls. Let me just throw this out there, if you aren't watching this game, then just go ahead and leave the forum now. Who's ready to watch the Donkey's offense sputter all night long, only to hear afterward how we still haven't played a good, healthy quarterback? I know I am! LET'S GO!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking forward to this game for awhile now. I was kind of mad that they flexed it to Sunday night because now I won't be able to watch from start to finish. I have to work at 6 that night but I will have it on the TV at work though. I'm ready for the Chiefs to go to 10-0. And then I'm ready for all the bashing everyone else is going to do. I just hope everyone stays healthy on both sides and the Chiefs win.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a pic missing ...

Look who's on top of that Bronco ...
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time in 40 years two with this high of a winning % have faced each other...

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uff ... Peyton has more passing TD than the Chiefs over the past three seasons:

Quote:
Arrowhead Pride @ArrowheadPride 8m

OK, this is pretty crazy. Peyton has more passing TDs than Chiefs do since 2011 (via @JonHeathNFL) http://t.co/9SEc4ohxiP

paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey neebors, I'm looking forward to Sunday night so freaking much. Here's to a game that we'll talk about for years, no matter which team wins Very Happy

Fify.
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to do this.....

In order to avoid this

Should be a good one. Broncos defense will be the story.

Broncos 24 Chiefs 12
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I cannot wait for this game. I want to win so bad. Im so sick of hearing how we have no chance in this game. I want us to come out guns blazin on offense. We could really shock them if we run a fast paced no huddle-ish offense from the kickoff. I know we need to have a ball control offense to keep the sheriff off the field, but I think an up tempo offense will catch them by surprise and offer a wrinkle in our gameplan that they havent been able to see film on.

There are SO MANY more story lines and factors to the game to talk about its ridiculous. It feels kind of like a playoff game, but almost more than that.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my contributions:

Arrow Andy Reid has a lifetime record of 12-1 as a HC after the bye week. The only loss of his entire career was dealt last year with that train wreck of an Eagles team when they faced the red-hot Falcons.
Arrow Peyton has been sacked 8 times in his last 3 games and underwent an MRI this week after injuring his ankle against the Chargers. He is still expected to play, but can we really expect him to be 100%? NFL.com analysts are adamantly saying "no".
Arrow The Chiefs currently boast the league's best red zone scoring defense, only allowing TDs 23.09% of the time. The Broncos have the 26th best red zone scoring defense, allowing TDs 61.29% of the time.
Arrow On the other hand, the Broncos are scoring TDs 79.49% of the time when they get in the red zone. The Chiefs are only scoring TDs in the red zone 48.28% of the time. Something's gotta give. Which will it be? The Chiefs? While facing an injured Peyton Manning playing in cold weather against a defense which held him to only 17 points the last time they faced off? Or will it be the other way around? Hmm.

I love numbers. I could literally sit here for days and crunch them. So many variables, so many possible outcomes. One thing's furshurr...

I. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. THIS. GAME.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This SHOULD be a good game, lots of variables. The issues I see are this.

1. He's Peyton Manning even at less than 100%, the guy is gonna do work

2. We're giving up yards, but not a lot of points, this team has the ability to finish the plays we've gotten away with.

3. If we give up more than 30 points, I just don't know if our offense can keep up.

4. It's in Denver, and this is without a doubt the best team we'll have faced.

Now the good,

1. The Donks have been struggling to protect ol' 5 head lately, and we're the best pass rushing TEAM they've faced.

2. As Ryk said, Andy Reid after a bye is very good, I expect some offensive wrinkles.

3. We play a similar defense to the Colts, only we have more pass rush and a better defensive backfield.

4. I think our team conditioning is MUCH better than Broncos fans are giving us credit for.

5. Even IF we lose this game, we have one more against them at Arrowhead, and Peyton doesn't like noise when he's barking plays at the line.

I truly hope this isn't a let down game for us, our schedule is much harder across the second half of the season and winning this one would be GIGANTIC for our team. At minimum we need to hang with them, hit 5 head early and often, and show everyone we aren't a fluke. The worst possible outcome is a blow-out loss for us.
Rumless

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFFICIAL THREAD THEME SONG
9-0 AND 8 POINT UNDERDOGS

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
Buffalo proved that the Chiefs defense is not that elite, by putting 470 yards up on them. If Tuel makes one read, thats a different game. Does anyone expect Manning to make mental mistakes like that? Denver will continue to do what they do on offense, 400+ yards and 28-35 points. This game is the Chiefs "Super Bowl." The local sports stations here are sending all their shows out there Friday-Monday. Kind of sad for them really. A lot of hype is being made for a game that wont be close at the end of the third.

paul-mac wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I've never wanted Denver win a game so badly. And I mean blow the freaking doors off, humiliating, trouncing of a defeat.

I'm so sick of KC fans and hope Denver humbles them in the worst fashion. I want to see their fans throwing up their KC BBQ all over their shoes at how overrated they just realized their team is.

That is all.

Go Denver!

I'd take a scrappy 9-7 win or something, as long as we beat those bastards.

KC is a scummy team this year and I'm going to do a heck of a lot of gloating if we win on Sunday.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I've never wanted Denver win a game so badly. And I mean blow the freaking doors off, humiliating, trouncing of a defeat.

I'm so sick of KC fans and hope Denver humbles them in the worst fashion. I want to see their fans throwing up their KC BBQ all over their shoes at how overrated they just realized their team is.

That is all.

Go Denver!

You're not the only one. I believe its mutual across all fanbases.

Winder23 wrote:
There is one aspect of this game that is getting overlooked. The Broncos defense versus the Chiefs offense.

The crowd and atmosphere is going to weigh heavily in the Broncos favor. Night games at Mile High are always electric. This defense is going to come out ready to dominate an offense that plays to their strengths. The short passing and inside-out run game plays right into what the Broncos want you to do. I like this matchup alot for the Broncos defense.

Broncos 24
Chiefs 12

BroncsDominate wrote:
We already beat the 2nd best team in this division at their place last week. Gonna be fun exposing the Chefs this week. Our defense is going to totally dominate. Back down to earth Andy Reid.

Okta wrote:
I think the 85% win percentage is misleading. Alex Smith has had a top 10 RB and one of if not the best defenses in the NFL with the 49ers.

I don't believe for a second that Alex Smith is a good QB. He's a game manager who feeds off of a successful running back opening up short passing lanes. His down field accuracy is putrid and with our DBs he will get picked off easily.

If we can stop the run like we have every game this season we will be fine. Peyton has a strange way of masking a lot of Oline issues. The good thing is he knows what he did wrong last game (in his post game interview) and will be much better this week.

Von will reak havoc as per usual and one of our 5 top targets will torch them. There isn't a team in the NFL capable of stopping this offense.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"@DeeepThreat: Record vs Teams with Winning Records
Bengals 4-1
Colts 3-0
Seahawks 3-1
Patriots 2-2
Jets 2-2
Dolphins 2-2
Broncos 0-1
Chiefs 0-0"

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rummy you just gave me enough fuel I might not sleep till Sunday Laughing

I'm not saying we're gonna win, but the lack of respect is somewhat humorous.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Rummy you just gave me enough fuel I might not sleep till Sunday Laughing

I'm not saying we're gonna win, but the lack of respect is somewhat humorous.

Stop being scared man. We're going to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: