Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In house free agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
Not sure everyone wants to get rid of Andre Caldwell. If a loss of Decker and King both happen, Caldwell knows the system.

Yeah but hes not a starting WR in this league, especially not for a super bowl contender. With G. Robinson on the PS and a very good draft for WR's this coming year, I wouldnt be surprised to see Decker get let go and a WR picked high.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:
Not sure everyone wants to get rid of Andre Caldwell. If a loss of Decker and King both happen, Caldwell knows the system.

Yeah but hes not a starting WR in this league, especially not for a super bowl contender. With G. Robinson on the PS and a very good draft for WR's this coming year, I wouldnt be surprised to see Decker get let go and a WR picked high.
Robinson is moving to TE. I see him taking Tamme's spot next year if the move works out. Robinson may be the future as a slot TE for Osweiler
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:

Robinson is moving to TE. I see him taking Tamme's spot next year if the move works out. Robinson may be the future as a slot TE for Osweiler

Is this an educated guess on your part or something more definitive from the team?
He certainly has the frame for it. I could see him being ready right about when Osweiler takes over.

The way our roster is set right now, I think it is pretty obvious that our top picks in next year's draft in random order will be at (1)Guard (2) Defensive End (3) Receiver (4) Corner.

I think the order of which position we draft will depend on depth of talent at each position and how the draft unfolds.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
This team is deep as hell as it is and its unlikely all 7 picks could make the team anyways.

I'd love to see that approach. There aren't spots for 7 picks, even on our PS.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I think Champ is more likely to hang it up after this season if we win it all than Peyton.

paul-mac wrote:
and probably make a coaching change.

Why the hell would we do that? Fire a coach after winning one or two Super Bowls? If we win a Super Bowl with Fox, and especially if we win two, Elway will let Fox coach here as long as he wants to.

Something to keep in mind when talking about contracts and free agents to be, we have $10m in cap space this year, meaning a $10m roll-over for next year; thus if the cap next year is $130m, we can spend $140m on player contracts. The value of contracts we're obligated for in 2014 is $112.7m, leaving us with $27.3m (if my guesstimate of a $130m cap in '14 is accurate) to sign our in-house free agents, other free agents and our draft picks. And that's before we waive anyone currently under contract or re-negotiate some of the bigger contracts to make more room.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/

Read what I posted. I said that Fox could be let go if we leave next season empty handed.

I can see him retiring anyway with Manning etc. I wonder if Adam Gase is the next man up, allowing Knapp to be the OC and work with Os
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I think Champ is more likely to hang it up after this season if we win it all than Peyton.

paul-mac wrote:
and probably make a coaching change.

Why the hell would we do that? Fire a coach after winning one or two Super Bowls? If we win a Super Bowl with Fox, and especially if we win two, Elway will let Fox coach here as long as he wants to.

Something to keep in mind when talking about contracts and free agents to be, we have $10m in cap space this year, meaning a $10m roll-over for next year; thus if the cap next year is $130m, we can spend $140m on player contracts. The value of contracts we're obligated for in 2014 is $112.7m, leaving us with $27.3m (if my guesstimate of a $130m cap in '14 is accurate) to sign our in-house free agents, other free agents and our draft picks. And that's before we waive anyone currently under contract or re-negotiate some of the bigger contracts to make more room.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/

Read what I posted. I said that Fox could be let go if we leave next season empty handed.

I can see him retiring anyway with Manning etc. I wonder if Adam Gase is the next man up, allowing Knapp to be the OC and work with Os

Fox isn't being let go. You don't fire coaches who have had a win percent of like 80+ during their tenure.

The more likely scenario is Fox decides to leave, it's known he wants to retire in his early 60's.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I guess i might be in the minority, but i could definitely see Denver letting Knowshon Moreno go at the end of the season, unless they are able to get him on a bargain deal.

The Broncos have been trying to phase him out/replace him for 2 years now, using top 75 selections on RB's in both the 2012 and 2013 drafts.

I know Hillman is in the doghouse right now, but of Denver's 4 RB's, Moreno is the least talented. The only reason Moreno is getting playing time over those 3 is because he is able to do the little things to support Peyton Manning. This shouldn't surprise anyone as most RB's coming from the college level have to learn the nuances of the position. I think Denver rolls the dice on those 3 over Moreno in order to try and upgrade the talent at the position.

I agree with what your saying but if we can keep him for 5 million that would be a pretty cheap option in case the other two didnt come along like we had hoped. Plus were not paying much for the other three on our roster.

The team has the option of bringing him back for something under $2m. Very cap friendly, so we should assume they exercise that option to bring him back at that salary. That's the last year though, then he'd hit the open market after the 2014/15 season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:
germ-x wrote:
I guess i might be in the minority, but i could definitely see Denver letting Knowshon Moreno go at the end of the season, unless they are able to get him on a bargain deal.

The Broncos have been trying to phase him out/replace him for 2 years now, using top 75 selections on RB's in both the 2012 and 2013 drafts.

I know Hillman is in the doghouse right now, but of Denver's 4 RB's, Moreno is the least talented. The only reason Moreno is getting playing time over those 3 is because he is able to do the little things to support Peyton Manning. This shouldn't surprise anyone as most RB's coming from the college level have to learn the nuances of the position. I think Denver rolls the dice on those 3 over Moreno in order to try and upgrade the talent at the position.

I agree with what your saying but if we can keep him for 5 million that would be a pretty cheap option in case the other two didnt come along like we had hoped. Plus were not paying much for the other three on our roster.

The team has the option of bringing him back for something under $2m. Very cap friendly, so we should assume they exercise that option to bring him back at that salary. That's the last year though, then he'd hit the open market after the 2014/15 season.

Ok well the contract info on Rotoworld said it would cost us 5.08 mil to keep him in 2014
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One player to watch is Matt Slauson of the Bears. He will be 28-years-old next year and his current one-year contract was under a $million. He was a 6th round pick but has been playing really well at LG on a poor Chicago OL.

He might be an upgrade over Beadles and be cheaper too.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/matt-slauson/

By the way, there will be lots of top-level OGs in the 2014 free agency -- (Jon Asamoah (Chiefs), Kevin Boothe (NYGiants), Chris Spencer (TennTitans), Wade Smith (Texans).
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2014
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas are going to want a ton of money. And they are both a major priority. We are going to have to lose some good players unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they let Eric Decker walk. Some team will massively overpay for him. But keeping Wesley Woodyard is a must. He is the captain of our defense and is outstanding with all the community service he does in Denver.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Keep in mind Von Miller and Demaryius Thomas are going to want a ton of money. And they are both a major priority. We are going to have to lose some good players unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they let Eric Decker walk. Some team will massively overpay for him. But keeping Wesley Woodyard is a must. He is the captain of our defense and is outstanding with all the community service he does in Denver.

True this. Fortunately, losing a guy like Decker can be replaced in the draft. DT and Von are irreplaceable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

True this. Fortunately, losing a guy like Decker can be replaced in the draft. DT and Von are irreplaceable.

And that is the point!
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:

Is this an educated guess on your part or something more definitive from the team?
He certainly has the frame for it. I could see him being ready right about when Osweiler takes over.

The way our roster is set right now, I think it is pretty obvious that our top picks in next year's draft in random order will be at (1)Guard (2) Defensive End (3) Receiver (4) Corner.

I think the order of which position we draft will depend on depth of talent at each position and how the draft unfolds.
he is listed As a TE on the website and I read something about it weeks ago
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I think, to keep them both, we might need to ask Manning to leave. Bay-Bay is looking at 13-14M per year, or whatever Dez gets.

Von you're probably another 2 or 3 million more than that.

That's 30M or 25% of the cap tied up in just 2 players.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No just no Manning won't be asked to retire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: