Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Team Stats (surprising!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkokot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Bears Team Stats (surprising!) Reply with quote

Some really interesting Bears Stats

Offense
Yards - 10th in the NFL, 372.7 yards per game
Points - 3rd in the NFL! 28.8 points per game

Defense
Yards - 26th in the NFL, 379.2 yards per game
Points - 27th in the NFL, 27.4 points per game

I expected us to improve on offense, but 3rd in points? That I did not expect.

I expected us to get worse on defense, but 27th in points allowed? I didn't expect that either. Injuries have contributed, but still....

All things considered, I think in the next year or 2, if we continue to draft well, and make good free agent pickups, we could have a very solid young roster.

Adopt a Bear - DT Stephen Paea
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is something good to take away from this 5-4 start. trestman and the oline additions have really done a number on this offensive unit. now if we only had this offense in 2006...lol

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not think the offense would be this good.

I also did not think that the defense would be this horrendous.

I think the injuries are skewing us to .500.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I did not think the offense would be this good.

I also did not think that the defense would be this horrendous.

I think the injuries are skewing us to .500.

I read something somewhere saying the bears have the "easiest" remaining schedule based on opponents records. Maybe they can get to 10 wins and pick up a wildcard spot?

Sugashane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears offense has been efficient, mixed with generally good field position and opportunistic defense leads to good scoring. Having a top K in Gould is a great help too.

We have a solid core, and I think the same as you. We need a few pieces and we can be serious contenders for a deep playoff run. Hopefully Melton will be back to his old self, and I wouldn't object to having Ratliff next year too if he can play well still. One less hole that would need filled and would allow for one ore draft at least to add depth and potential starters.

I think Trest has done a great job so far, he is being hamstrung my injuries to his best defensive players, which has decimated our D.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
The Bears offense has been efficient, mixed with generally good field position and opportunistic defense leads to good scoring. Having a top K in Gould is a great help too.

We have a solid core, and I think the same as you. We need a few pieces and we can be serious contenders for a deep playoff run. Hopefully Melton will be back to his old self, and I wouldn't object to having Ratliff next year too if he can play well still. One less hole that would need filled and would allow for one ore draft at least to add depth and potential starters.

I think Trest has done a great job so far, he is being hamstrung my injuries to his best defensive players, which has decimated our D.

that is true the Bears are having one of their most injury plagued seasons of recent memory, the defense is trying to make do with what they have at this point I think

WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

that is true the Bears are having one of their most injury plagued seasons of recent memory, the defense is trying to make do with what they have at this point I think

It is verging on ridiculous.

5 starters
3 Pro Bowlers

Trestman is doing an incredible job winning with a team missing a ton of players and with a ton of rookies.
KG1187

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the injury talk the offense has been freakishly healthy this season besides Cutler missing about 7 quarters worth of play. Going into next season it would bear to reason the offense will deal with more injuries while the defense should be healthier. With how few injuries the Bears have sustained on offense injury problems have been slightly over stated. Although the number of season ending injuries are exceptional.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
VeniceBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

It is verging on ridiculous.

5 starters
3 Pro Bowlers

Trestman is doing an incredible job winning with a team missing a ton of players and with a ton of rookies.

It's kind of weird to see all of us in agreement. lol

I have to say, Trestman has been awesome. He seems like he has a major understanding of how to manage a franchise (well, all he has control of in the franchise), and has the same type of rapport with his players Lovie did. His time in Canada served him well, and I think it might become more common to see solid OCs go there to get their feet wet as a HC, instead of seeing so many who seem overwhelmed jumping from NFL OC to HC.

Hopefully Emery can have another draft like he did this year, rather than last years. We have a lot of talent for the next several years to develop, and a few good drafts and a few choice FA pick ups can make a franchise for the better of a decade.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KG1187 wrote:
For all the injury talk the offense has been freakishly healthy this season besides Cutler missing about 7 quarters worth of play. Going into next season it would bear to reason the offense will deal with more injuries while the defense should be healthier. With how few injuries the Bears have sustained on offense injury problems have been slightly over stated. Although the number of season ending injuries are exceptional.

Almost everyone on offense is under 30.

Age and injuries walk hand in hand.
KG1187

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

Completely agree when you look at Tillman Briggs and DJ Williams all being over 30 and dealing with injuries. Heck you can even throw Cutler in there.
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

Yup the players on defense are no longer young anymore. We have a great core of offensive players right now we really need to reload on defense and I think this is a legit contender next year.

If we can get an impact player on the Dline and one in the secondary next year we should be really stout.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

Yup the players on defense are no longer young anymore. We have a great core of offensive players right now we really need to reload on defense and I think this is a legit contender next year.

If we can get an impact player on the Dline and one in the secondary next year we should be really stout.

That really is the key…we have to get back to the basic principles of this defence…which are get pressure with 4…drop 7…don’t allow anything deep…and tackle well…fundamentals are key…

1. Have to find an impact DE who is going to apply consistent pressure
2. Have to hope Melton is back to 100% and resigned at UT or find a new UT
3. Get some better safety play to stop deep throws
4. Get back to practicing tackling from TC onwards

If we can do that as well as find more depth at DB we should be able to get back to where we need to be on D.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

Whatever else is done, we need to draft two DTs next year.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
KG1187 wrote:

That really is the key…we have to get back to the basic principles of this defence…which are get pressure with 4…drop 7…don’t allow anything deep…and tackle well…fundamentals are key…

1. Have to find an impact DE who is going to apply consistent pressure
2. Have to hope Melton is back to 100% and resigned at UT or find a new UT
3. Get some better safety play to stop deep throws
4. Get back to practicing tackling from TC onwards

If we can do that as well as find more depth at DB we should be able to get back to where we need to be on D.
They can't practice tackling any more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: