Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 Playoff Picture and Projections
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Week 11 Playoff Picture and Projections Reply with quote

7 weeks left, and 6 crucial games remain on the schedule. Here's what the current picture looks like

AFC PLAYOFF PICTURE

Seeds:
1.Chiefs 9-0
2.Patriots 7-2
3.Colts 6-3
4.Bengals 6-4
5.Broncos 8-1
6.Jets 5-4

In the Hunt:
7.Dolphins 4-5
8.Titans 4-5
9.Browns 4-5
10.Ravens 4-5
11.Chargers 4-5
12.Raiders 3-6
13.Steelers 3-6
14.Bills 3-7
15.Texans 2-7

The Bengals must win this week if they want to win the division. If they get swept by the Browns, they don't deserve to win the division. Even if they choke out the division though I still think they make the playoffs though. They would go one and done again if they play on the road, but they still make the playoffs maybe

#1 seed talks are pretty much out of the question I think. One more loss and the same can be said about the #2 seed. #3 seed could very well go down to the wire though assuming they can seal the division first.

Games of Importance:

Thursday Night:

1.Colts @ Titans - Need Titans win

1st Slate

1.Ravens @ Bears - Need Bears win (Biggest division threat)
2.Jets @ Bills - Need Bills win (Wildcard threat)
3.Lions @ Steelers - Need Lions win (Division threat still)
4.Raiders @ Texans - Need Texans win (Doesn't really matter, but both teams still barely alive)

2nd Slate

1.Chargers @ Dolphins - Need Dolphins win (Chargers are the bigger threat now)

Sunday Night

1.Chiefs @ Broncos - Need Broncos win (Broncos need to seal the #1 seed incase the Bengals play the 5th seed which id rather be the Chiefs)

Monday Night

1.Patriots @ Panthers - Need Panthers win (Still aiming for the #2 seed)

Projected Playoff Standings

1.Broncos 15-1
2.Patriots 12-4
3.Colts 10-6
4.Bengals 10-6
5.Chiefs 12-4
6.Jets 10-6

7.Titans 8-8
8.Chargers 8-8
9.Ravens 7-9
10.Dolphins 7-9
11.Browns 6-10
12.Bills 6-10
13.Texans 6-10
14.Steelers 5-11
15.Raiders 4-12
16.Jaguars 1-15
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to tell you this but Browns have got this weeks game covered.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Sorry I have to ask you this, but put your $#$#$ pants back on. We have expectations of decency here.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers to a game with meaning gents, I am really looking forward to this one. I understand you feel that Baltimore is a legit threat in the division, but don't sleep on these Browns. You may have the home field, but if Haden can shut down AJ and we can contain your running game, I think we have the edge.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Wednesday and you don't have a GDT up yet? For shame

I expect more of my fellow Carp, even if this forum is a ghost town.

I was going to make one myself but decided that I would rather spend my time on fantasy.

Laughing

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

I was going to make one myself but decided that I would rather spend my time on fantasy.

Laughing

I've been making them recently but I'm going to stop after this 2 game losing streak. ItsOnlyWeridIfItDoesn'tWork am I right?
BrownsAndBeers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Laughing

I've been making them recently but I'm going to stop after this 2 game losing streak. ItsOnlyWeridIfItDoesn'tWork am I right?

What is that, a loofa?

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Laughing

Its worse than that; its Thursday over here already and no GDT. Shocking.......
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Somebody needs a quick history lesson, if you seriously think the Browns are gonna waltz in Cincinnati thinking its an automatic win.

The Browns do not play well in Cincinnati. 9 out of the last matchups between these 2 teams in Cincinnati, The Bengals have won 8 out of the 9. Last time the Browns won in Cincy was 2008. The Browns are only 4-9 all time at Paul Brown Stadium.

Also The Browns haven't swept the Bengals since 2002, the year the last time the Browns sniffed the postseason and the Bengals were the worst team in the league.

Ok your probably thinking that history is old news and it doesn't matter so lets look at some more recent stats. Bengals are 4-0 so far at home, and the Browns are only 1-4 on the road.

On paper the Browns seem to have better matchups, but the numbers do not lie. It's not clear as to why or how the Bengals do it, but they can play like an elite team at home for whatever reason. I doubt they go undefeated at home, but for me to believe the first team thats gonna give them there first home loss of the year is the Browns......Can't see it happening.

The game will be close like always, but you might be a little bit disappointed after sunday.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Somebody needs a quick history lesson, if you seriously think the Browns are gonna waltz in Cincinnati thinking its an automatic win.

The Browns do not play well in Cincinnati. 9 out of the last matchups between these 2 teams in Cincinnati, The Bengals have won 8 out of the 9. Last time the Browns won in Cincy was 2008. The Browns are only 4-9 all time at Paul Brown Stadium.

Also The Browns haven't swept the Bengals since 2002, the year the last time the Browns sniffed the postseason and the Bengals were the worst team in the league.

Ok your probably thinking that history is old news and it doesn't matter so lets look at some more recent stats. Bengals are 4-0 so far at home, and the Browns are only 1-4 on the road.

On paper the Browns seem to have better matchups, but the numbers do not lie. It's not clear as to why or how the Bengals do it, but they can play like an elite team at home for whatever reason. I doubt they go undefeated at home, but for me to believe the first team thats gonna give them there first home loss of the year is the Browns......Can't see it happening.

The game will be close like always, but you might be a little bit disappointed after sunday.

History.... that's like old stuff that doesn't mean anything anymore right? Kind of like how Richard Pearsem was the first person to fly a powered plane. Not those Wright bro's from america.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
History.... that's like old stuff that doesn't mean anything anymore right?

" Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it "

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

History.... that's like old stuff that doesn't mean anything anymore right? Kind of like how Richard Pearsem was the first person to fly a powered plane. Not those Wright bro's from america.

I'm talking about the trends of recent history. If I was talking about old history, I would of said something like "The Bengals are 42-38 all time against the Browns" or "The Browns are only 14-26 all time in Cincinnati" which honestly doesn't mean that much.

The recent stuff though does jump out though whether you want to believe it or not. Just giving a fair warning before you believe its gonna be a sure win.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens lost, Steelers won. Don't look now, but the Steelers caught the Ravens and Browns. Bengals 7-4, everyone else 4-6. 2.5 game lead going into the bye.

Browns and Steelers square off next week, and the Ravens play the Jets at home.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a good week so far in the playoff race. 3 games up on the division, and now its a 3 way tie between the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers whom are all 4-6.

Now with the bye week next week, if things can continue to go right next week, things will look better. The question is who is the bigger threat now. Browns or Steelers?

Jets and Dolphins both 5-5 tied for that 6th spot now, alot of 4-6 teams as well. More teams will be out of the picture soon.

If only the Titans would of closed out on Thursday things would look even better.

But the week still isnt over yet. Tonight a Broncos win would ensure there chances to get out of the 5th spot and get back into the #1 seed, while the Chiefs hopefully fall in the 5th spot incase the Bengals have to play them in the playoffs.

A Patriots loss tomorrow would be pretty good which keeps them very much alive in the #2 seed path.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
The question is who is the bigger threat now. Browns or Steelers ?

Surely we want the Browns to beat the Steelers here ?

We don't potentially want to go to 3 Rivers Dec 15 having to win in their back yard.

Ideally of course, we want a tie don't we ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: