Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Millen Dream Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Matt Millen Dream Team Reply with quote

I saw this on the Bears forum while I was over there (Only with Jerry Angelo) and thought it was hilarious. I tried to use as many high picks as possible, although it was hard picking the worst.

QB: Joey Harrington
RB: Kevin Jones
WR: Mike Williams
WR: Charles Rogers
TE: John Owens
FB: Jerome Felton (Who is overrated now. I could make the pro bowl blocking for AP. Think he's the only FB Millen drafted)
T: Jonathan Scott
T: Kelly Butler
G: Fred Matua
G: Manny Ramirez
C: Raiola (Hes been a good center, but I think he may have been the only center Millen drafted).
DE: KALIMBA!!! Edwards
DE: Ikaika Alama-Francis
DT: Shaun Cody
DT: Andre Fluellen
OLB: Teddy Lehmen
OLB: Boss Bailey
MLB: Jordon Dizon
DB: Andre Goodman
DB: Chris Cash
S: Torrance Holt
S: Gerald Alexander

My criteria were higher picks/general awfulness/impact on team. For the corners, Goodman wasn't the worst, I just had a particularly bad memories of him getting burned. Same with Cash. The worst pick, or the MVP of the Millen Dream Team, to me: Mike Williams. How awful.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB: Brian Calhoun?

3rd round pick.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who does this
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Who does this

Somebody on a football forum who wanted to really appreciate how nice it is to be 6-3 by reliving the previous decade. You don't have to take a shot at it, just don't participate. See how easy that is?
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
RB: Brian Calhoun?

3rd round pick.

I forgot about Calhoun. However, I think I'd still go with Kevin Jones given that he was a first round pick. Although working in Calhoun's favor is that he never, ever produced, whereas Kevin Jones had flashes of serviceability. I think I decided on Jones because I really wanted Steven Jackson, who went a few picks before him, so I spent KJ's run with Detroit comparing him to Jackson.
Chups

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very depressing thread.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Who does this
Do you mean who makes picks like this over a terrible career as GM?

Its like if you or I or anyone were the GM and were making picks. But before the draft you have your uncle hit you upside the head with a nice Louisville Slugger, given a dart, and then attempt to throw that dart at a dartboard and whoever it landed on you picked.
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chups wrote:

It makes me feel a lot better about the direction we are heading. (Not to say there are not problems with the front office.)
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CutParisLenon wrote:
Chups wrote:

It makes me feel a lot better about the direction we are heading. (Not to say there are not problems with the front office.)

Wow, looking at it by position really, really makes it jump right out. Mayhew isn't perfect by any means but Millen basically missed on all but a few picks. Now the team has some legitimate stars and some quality players.

Looking at Millen's draft history its enough to make me slash my wrists. Laughing

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhew Dream Team:

QB: Stafford
RB: Best
WR: Young
WR: Broyles
TE: Pettigrew
T: Reiff
T: Fox
G: Warford
G: N/A
C: N/A
DE: Ansah
DE: Young
DT: Suh
DT: Fairley
OLB: T. Lewis
OLB: R. Lewis
MLB: Levy
CB: Green
CB: Benlty
S: Delmas
S: Spievey

Some weak areas but you can see the talent is more available in 5 drafts. Used drafted only players. Mayhew has done a great job filling some holes though-Tulloch, Houston, Durham, Sims, Bush, Waddle, and Burleson. Other talent that left the team such as Sammie Lee Hill and Murtha.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:
Chups wrote:

Wow, looking at it by position really, really makes it jump right out. Mayhew isn't perfect by any means but Millen basically missed on all but a few picks. Now the team has some legitimate stars and some quality players.

Looking at Millen's draft history its enough to make me slash my wrists. Laughing

That would really ruin your retirement though.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:
Chups wrote:

That would really ruin your retirement though.

Maybe not. I'd just get one of the kids to drive me to Detroit to recuperate. I can simply go to Lions,Red Wings and Pistons games.

That's sounds pretty good to me. Maybe there will be some good shows at the Fox as well.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
Mayhew Dream Team:

QB: Stafford
RB: Best
WR: Young
WR: Broyles
TE: Pettigrew
T: Reiff
T: Fox
G: Warford
G: N/A
C: N/A
DE: Ansah
DE: Young
DT: Suh
DT: Fairley
OLB: T. Lewis
OLB: R. Lewis
MLB: Levy
CB: Green
CB: Benlty
S: Delmas
S: Spievey

Some weak areas but you can see the talent is more available in 5 drafts. Used drafted only players. Mayhew has done a great job filling some holes though-Tulloch, Houston, Durham, Sims, Bush, Waddle, and Burleson. Other talent that left the team such as Sammie Lee Hill and Murtha.

Huge difference from the Millen years. I know WCF is loyal but I will never understand why Millen was in charge for so long. His tenure marks the darkest days for Lions football.

As I said in an earlier post, I don't think Mayhew has been perfect but he's made steady progress in adding talent both through the draft and free agency.

At least now the fans have hope. This season has been fantastic to me. I expected 6 wins this year with an upside of 8 wins. To see the team at 6-3 having swept the Bears and the awesome last minute heroics against Dallas is just awesome.

The season would be perfect by destroying Green Bay Thanksgiving day, winning the NFC North and a playoff game.

One thing this seasons team has demonstrated is the element of surprise so nothing is truly out of reach for them.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given what Mayhew has done, not great but obvious improvement, I wonder what he was thinking working under Millen.

I've had a few bosses like that.
adamjace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i'm not mistaken, Manny Ramirez is the only one still playing from the "Millen Dream Team" Oh and Fluellen. Although, had we not brought him back he would be on the couch.

Donald Driver is top 3 receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: