Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matched our Wins mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Matched our Wins mock Reply with quote

Feels good to have matched our number of wins from last year, and we've still got nearly half a season to play. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyways, got me in the mood to look forward a bit further and here's the mock I came up with.

Currently the Saints have -$10,841,827 in committed cap space (this is including Jenkinsí 2014 salary that was voided in 2010 **see below**)

Voided:
Malcolm Jenkins, voided in 2010: $1,664,000 saved

Cuts:
Will Smith: $11,550,000 saved
Lance Moore: $2,531,250 saved
Roman Harper: $2,180,000 saved
Jabari Greer: $3,175,000 saved

Restructures:
Drew Brees converts half of his $10,750,000 base salary into a prorated bonus, saving $3,583,333
Brodrick Bunkley converts half of his $4,400,000 base salary into a prorated bonus, saving $1,466,667
Jahri Evans converts half of his $6,800,000 base salary into a prorated bonus, saving $2,266,667

Trade:
Mark Ingram for conditional 6th round pick saves $1,386,375

After making some moves, the Saints have freed up $18,941,465 in cap space.

Re-sign:
Jimmy Graham 5yr/$45m w/$18.5m guaranteed incl. $8m signing bonus
2014: $4m (fully guaranteed) + $1.6m bonus= $5,600,000
-2015: $6.5m (fully guaranteed) + $1.6m bonus = $8,100,000
-2016: $8m + $1.6m bonus = $9,600,000
-2017: $8.5m + $1.6m bonus = $10,100,000
-2018: $10m + $1.6m bonus = $11,600,000

Ramon Humber 3yr/$2.86m incl. $500k signing bonus = $896,667
Charles Brown 4yr/$12m incl. $2m signing bonus = $2,500,000
Malcolm Jenkins 4yr/$13m incl. $3m signing bonus = $1,750,000
Brian de la Puenta 1yr/$1.375m = $1,375,000
Rafael Bush 3yr/$2.35n incl. $50k signing bonus = $666,667
Jed Collins 2yr/$1.565m incl. $175k signing bonus = $732,500
Joe Morgan 3yr/$2.150m = $650,000

After resigning their free agents, the Saints have $4,770,631 in cap space.

Roster:
QB: Drew Brees, Ryan Griffin
FB: Jed Collins
RB: Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson, Travaris Cadet
TE: Jimmy Graham, Ben Watson, Josh Hill
LT: Charles Brown, Terron Armstead
LG: Ben Grubbs, Tim Lelito
C: Brian de la Puente
RG: Jahri Evans
RT:
WR: Marques Colston, Kenny Stills, Joe Morgan, Nick Toon

DE: Cam Jordan, Glenn Foster
NT: John Jenkins, Brodrick Bunkley
DE: Akiem Hicks, Tyrunn Walker
OLB: Junior Galette
ILB: Curtis Lofton, Ramon Humber
ILB: David Hawthorne
OLB: Victor Buter, Kevin Riddick
CB: Keenan Lewis, Patrick Robinson, Corey White, Rod Sweeting, AJ Davis Davis
FS: Malcolm Jenkins
SS: Kenny Vacarro, Rafael Bush

I've got to get to work, but the FA Signings and draft will be coming soon.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs
Corey White - 20 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved for FA Signings and Draft

Team needs:
RT
CB
OLB
S
C competition
K competition
WR depth

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 23 receptions, 199 yards, 10 first downs, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards, 2 first downs

Last edited by domepatrol91 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see Moore go Sad

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Sad to see Moore go Sad

Me too. He's one of my favorite players, I have a picture of his SB 2 pt conversion (when he's upside down, stretching over the goal line) autographed, sitting on the table next to me. He just has too small of a role for his $5million 2014 cap hit.

2014 Adopt a Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any hope of trading Mark Ingram just went out the door after the Cowboy game. Not that I agree but this is a back that this front office put their name on the line to move up for and while they could have just dumped him and wrote him off as a bust with no production, the Cowboy game will always be the game Loomis and Payton will point to in order to get the fan base behind their decision to hold on to him.

Also, PT is getting older and has more wear and tear. In a two back league Ingram and PT are a good 1-2 punch with Sproles as the X-Factor. It's not about whether keeping Ingram is right or wrong... is about the simple fact that Payton won't give up on him, especially after last game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Any hope of trading Mark Ingram just went out the door after the Cowboy game. Not that I agree but this is a back that this front office put their name on the line to move up for and while they could have just dumped him and wrote him off as a bust with no production, the Cowboy game will always be the game Loomis and Payton will point to in order to get the fan base behind their decision to hold on to him.

Also, PT is getting older and has more wear and tear. In a two back league Ingram and PT are a good 1-2 punch with Sproles as the X-Factor. It's not about whether keeping Ingram is right or wrong... is about the simple fact that Payton won't give up on him, especially after last game.

You're probably right. It's wishful thinking on my end.

I'll reflect that in my v2 mock, probably around week 13 or 14 when the race for seeding is a little more known.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot. I only want to resign MJ27 if he does it for relatively cheap, which you got in this mock, the Graham deal is really good (though in my mind I see him getting about 11m per, so it's wishful thinking for me), the restructures are good. I agree with all the cuts. Except maybe L-mo but the 5 mil cap hit is a good point. Good mock.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

#FreeBrandonHarris

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore gets cut, I raise hell.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 11 Tkls 1 PD
Ben Watson 3 Rec 14 Yds
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:

I hear ya Navyman... but 5 mil per with what we need to pay for considering (Graham, Jenkins, Puente)? Now Stills is breaking out, the team needs to find reps for Toon...

Can't pay everybody NavyMan. I say, If L-Mo don't take a cut... then he gets cut.

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

I hear ya Navyman... but 5 mil per with what we need to pay for considering (Graham, Jenkins, Puente)? Now Stills is breaking out, the team needs to find reps for Toon...

Can't pay everybody NavyMan. I say, If L-Mo don't take a cut... then he gets cut.

BUT MY FEELS!?! WHAT ABOUT MY FEELS?!?

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 11 Tkls 1 PD
Ben Watson 3 Rec 14 Yds
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

BUT MY FEELS!?! WHAT ABOUT MY FEELS?!?

I agree my man!!! Don't wanna see Moore go either but I think he's gonna be a victim of the numbers game of the NFL. Not just because his salary is 5 mil for a player that the Saints can replace but the most telling fact is that Moore is one of the few big money contracts that has very little dead money if he is cut.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Reserved for FA Signings and Draft

Team needs:
RT
CB
OLB
S
C competition
K competition
WR depth

Ya know, DP91... The team needs of this franchise is slowly starting to rear it's head. Simply looking at the "NEED" of both units I typically do that by looking at the projected starters for the following year and see where the big holes are, then I move onto the depth at certain positions.

The drafts top round typically brings a team its most impactful player but it's never assured that the best player available will be a player at a position of need.

Here's how I see the Saints starters projected into next year and where the true holes are to be...

QB: Brees
RB: Ingram
OW: Sproles
FB: Collins
TE: Graham
WR: Colston
WR: Stills
WR: Moore (I see him back, but with a restructured deal)
LT:
LG: Grubbs
OC: Puente (I think Puente gets a multi year deal this time)
RG: Evans
RT:
PK:

RE: Jordan
NT: Jenkins
LE: Hicks
ROLB: Butler
MILB: Lofton
WILB: Hawthorne
LOLB: Galette (JR kicks over to the strong side next season because he's stouter against the run than Butler)
CB: Lewis
NB: Jenkins (Yes, Jenkins will be back and will continue to man the Nickel position).
CB: White (I don't see corner as a pressing need, I feel White is ready to become the starter with Robinson back in a reserve role)
FS: Vaccaro
SS:
P: Moorestead

So looking at how I see it the positions i'm actually concerned about are...

On offense: Both tackle positions and place kicker. Honestly I think Hartley is done in New Orleans and unless he goes on a big time hot streak I look for the Saints to replace him this offseason. As far as the tackles, with both Brown and Strief UFA's this offseason, I'm really not sure if either are retained but at the end of the day I think one will be. I know Armstead is in the wings and most are high on him but it's kinda telling that he's rarely active for games with the Saints perfering to go with Bryce Harris instead9who is also a UFA). I wouldent be shocked to see the Saints resign Brown and Harris as their starting tackles in 2014 and we see Armstead switched to guard this offseason or at the least as the teams swing tackle. THe Saints could also look to the FA pool to address this situation with players like Rodger Saffold & Michael Oher getting a look. THe draft could also give us a top tackle prospect if one of the top ones fall to a position where the Saints would see an opportunity to make a move for one.

Defensively...

Believeit or not SS is my concern. I'm not sure if the Saints are going to bring back Haralson next season but he might be the best bet to get the position. The big question to me will be, does rob ryan feel Bush is ready to be a starter in this 3 man rotation because I feel Harper will be gone as well. I would not be shocked to see the Saints go into FA or the draft with the SS position as a priority this offseason if they feel Bush is a better fit in a reserve role.

Thoughts...

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find SS a need. I fully expect Bush to kick in. He plays great when he's in, great tackler as well. Our 3 safety sets would be MJ, Vaccaro, and Bush in that case.

Tbh I don't really think we have many needs (depth in some areas aside). As long as VB turns out to be a good pickup, our only starting need would be OT if we let both Brown and Strief walk. If we resign Brown and want to roll with Brown/Armstead as our 2 OTs, then personally I don't really see a need. Another dynamic OLB would be good though.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

#FreeBrandonHarris

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 3 tackles, 3 passes defended
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I don't find SS a need. I fully expect Bush to kick in. He plays great when he's in, great tackler as well. Our 3 safety sets would be MJ, Vaccaro, and Bush in that case.

Tbh I don't really think we have many needs (depth in some areas aside). As long as VB turns out to be a good pickup, our only starting need would be OT if we let both Brown and Strief walk. If we resign Brown and want to roll with Brown/Armstead as our 2 OTs, then personally I don't really see a need. Another dynamic OLB would be good though.

Honestly Spart, taking the starting positions out of the mix, if you'd ask me what I feel is the biggest need for this team as of right now...

I'd have to say another premier defensive lineman for the rotation! Don't get me wrong... Jordan, Jenkins & Hicks is a solid starting line and Foster and Walker is good depth but Bunkley and Johnson might not be back and this unit needs another dynamic player up front in the rotation. Jordan and Hicks play far to many snaps per contest.

I think if the Saints would have a shot at a guy like Stephon Tuitt of Notre Dame or ReShede Hageman of Minnesota they should jump at the chance. Rob Ryan's defense's (outside of Ware in Dallas) always relied on his down lineman for pressure more so than the linebackers and I feel adding another dynamic talent up front is this teams biggest need right now.

Much like Rex Ryan landed Richardson this season as his key rotational guy... his addition really put his defense over the top along with Wilkerson, Coples and that young NT they got.

krewebrees

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm I don't disagree with you that D-line is a need, but I don't think bringing in a premiere talent is our number one need. If it's there at the end of the first and our other needs aren't, then yeah don't stretch, take the top talent. However you said it yourself we're in danger of haveing 0 starting OTs. One of our best scenarios is we bring back both of our starters from this year, which frankly is one step above crap. I still see it as a need even if we bring back both Streif and Brown.

One need that everyone is seems to be overlooking is our kickoff/punt returner. Sproles is not the same player he used to be expesially on special teams. Cadet is nothing special and I personally have never been a fan of him. Also when Sproles leaves in likely 1 more season (his contract will be up and he'll be 32) we need someone to fill the OW role. We need a returner now and as complicated as our offense is I like the idea of a one year limited role for an OW.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: