Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is there any free agent corners available?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
He has-athleticism, speed, and long arms.

He does not have-instincts or the ability to read plays. Also he is stiff at times. Easily burned.

So he does have 3 qualities that a solid starter should have. He also does NOT have some qualities a solid starter should have. These are big qualities that are missing but they could be learned or improved.

I do not think he will ever get there. Give him all the time and coaching in the world and he will never get there. Thats my opinion. I just don't think he has it. He isn't NFL starter material. Never will be.

So we do agree in part. He has some qualities a starter should have and he needs more time.

We do not agree on the fact that he will ever get there.

You think he deserves more time, and that we shouldn't give up on him, but also believe that he's quite terrible and will "never get there". This doesn't make sense.

Team Stylish
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
He has-athleticism, speed, and long arms.

He does not have-instincts or the ability to read plays. Also he is stiff at times. Easily burned.

So he does have 3 qualities that a solid starter should have. He also does NOT have some qualities a solid starter should have. These are big qualities that are missing but they could be learned or improved.

I do not think he will ever get there. Give him all the time and coaching in the world and he will never get there. Thats my opinion. I just don't think he has it. He isn't NFL starter material. Never will be.

So we do agree in part. He has some qualities a starter should have and he needs more time.

We do not agree on the fact that he will ever get there.

You think he deserves more time, and that we shouldn't give up on him, but also believe that he's quite terrible and will "never get there". This doesn't make sense.

There isn't much better out there. Plus I'm no NFL scout. Might as well roll the dice with him. This may be a surprise to some posters who don't get the concept but I could be wrong.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I think it's a shame how much Slay gets ripped when, in reality, he's pretty decent. Considering his age, the position he plays, and the level of competition, mistakes should be expected.

I agree TL.

It doesn't seem rookies are given any slack from the fans. Slay is a rookie on a steep learning curve without the benefit of playing all the snaps.

I have no problem with the Lions pursuing a free agent or drafting corners but it's far to early for fans to give up on Slay.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I think it's a shame how much Slay gets ripped when, in reality, he's pretty decent. Considering his age, the position he plays, and the level of competition, mistakes should be expected.

I agree TL.

It doesn't seem rookies are given any slack from the fans. Slay is a rookie on a steep learning curve without the benefit of playing all the snaps.

I have no problem with the Lions pursuing a free agent or drafting corners but it's far to early for fans to give up on Slay.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: