Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Staring Into Oblivion...Grade the Miami Dolphins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Staring Into Oblivion...Grade the Miami Dolphins Reply with quote

Since this was the only way I could make something out of my frustration, here is my personal Miami Dolphins Breakdown/Grades through week 11. Want to know what you guys agree/disagree with and what solutions should be going forward. I tend to be somewhat optimistic, as a Dolphins fan all of my life I believe there is talent and upside on this roster. At the same time though, it is important to stay realistic and I was wondering if the personnel issues I'm seeing are the same as the rest of the people on this forum.

Offense
QB Ryan Tannehill B-
RB Lamar Miller C
RB Daniel Thomas D-
FB/TE Michael Egnew C-
TE Charles Clay C
TE Dion Sims C-
WR Mike Wallace C
WR Brian Hartline C+
WR Brandon Gibson (IR) A-
WR Rishard Matthews B-

LT Bryant McKinnie C+
LG Nate Gardner C-
C Mike Pouncey B
RG John Jerry D
RT Tyson Clabo D-
LG Richie Incognito (IR) D
RT/LT Jonathan Martin D

Defense
DE Cameron Wake A-
DT Paul Soliai B+
DT Randy Starks A-
DT Jared Odrick B+
DE Oliver Vernon B-
DE Dion Jordan B
DE Derrick Shelby B-
LB Dannell Ellerbe C-
LB Phillip Wheeler C-
LB Koa Misi C
LB Austin Spitler D-

CB Brent Grimes A
CB Dimitri Patterson B+
CB Nolan Carroll B-
CB Jimmy Wilson C+
CB Jamar Taylor D
SS Reshad Jones C
FS Chris Clemons B-

Special Teams
P Brandon Fields A
K Caleb Sturgis B
PR/KR Marcus Thigpen F
Coverage Team C-

Coaching
HC Joe Philbin F
OC Mike Sherman F
DC Kevin Coyle C+

Problem Areas

Clean House
-OL
-LB
-Coaching
-Kick/Punt Return

Needs Improvement
-HB
-WR
-TE
-Safety

Average
-QB
-WR
-K

Stud
-DL
-CB
-P

Solution:
Coaches need to go and roster should be revamped for the most part in my opinion, but how?
Vachon777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious how in the world Gibson and Matthews rate higher than Hartline. Admittedly I don't have stats handy, but I've watched every game this year and just don't see it..
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vachon777 wrote:
I'm curious how in the world Gibson and Matthews rate higher than Hartline. Admittedly I don't have stats handy, but I've watched every game this year and just don't see it..

Grades are mostly relative to performance, although expectation also play a significant role. Brandon Gibson made some fantastic plays in the games he played. It seemed like he was always making a big play and converting key 3rd downs. As critical as many are with Ireland, Gibson was a hit. Huge upgrade from Bess. Matthews had a few very nice receptions before this week. It looked like he had stepped in comfortably to the slot WR role in place of Gibson. Last night's performance was incredible and he could potentially be a breakout player in the offense. Will need to see more, but he has shown promise.

On the contrary, what has Hartline done to deserve his big contract? Sure, he is clearly the better player and more important to the offense, but his expectations were higher. With the exception of Week 1, he has not eclipsed 70 yds in a game. I understand he is an important and relatively consistent player, but his performance has been disappointing to say the least. For the money he is making, he should be contributing more.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricanes26 wrote:
Vachon777 wrote:

Grades are mostly relative to performance, although expectation also play a significant role. Brandon Gibson made some fantastic plays in the games he played. It seemed like he was always making a big play and converting key 3rd downs. As critical as many are with Ireland, Gibson was a hit. Huge upgrade from Bess. Matthews had a few very nice receptions before this week. It looked like he had stepped in comfortably to the slot WR role in place of Gibson. Last night's performance was incredible and he could potentially be a breakout player in the offense. Will need to see more, but he has shown promise.

On the contrary, what has Hartline done to deserve his big contract? Sure, he is clearly the better player and more important to the offense, but his expectations were higher. With the exception of Week 1, he has not eclipsed 70 yds in a game. I understand he is an important and relatively consistent player, but his performance has been disappointing to say the least. For the money he is making, he should be contributing more.
Agree about Hartline maybe its not all him and the fact that this offense seems vanilla to me and him and Wallace both line up in the same spot every time. Heck they don't even go to the huddle ha.
candyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Staring Into Oblivion...Grade the Miami Dolphins Reply with quote

Hurricanes26 wrote:
Since this was the only way I could make something out of my frustration, here is my personal Miami Dolphins Breakdown/Grades through week 11. Want to know what you guys agree/disagree with and what solutions should be going forward. I tend to be somewhat optimistic, as a Dolphins fan all of my life I believe there is talent and upside on this roster. At the same time though, it is important to stay realistic and I was wondering if the personnel issues I'm seeing are the same as the rest of the people on this forum.

Offense
QB Ryan Tannehill B-
RB Lamar Miller C+
RB Daniel Thomas D-
FB/TE Michael Egnew C
TE Charles Clay C
TE Dion Sims C-
WR Mike Wallace D+
WR Brian Hartline B-
WR Brandon Gibson (IR) B+
WR Rishard Matthews B

LT Bryant McKinnie C+
LG Nate Garner C-
C Mike Pouncey C-
RG John Jerry D-
RT Tyson Clabo F
LG Richie Incognito (IR) D
RT/LT Jonathan Martin D

Defense
DE Cameron Wake B+
DT Paul Soliai B
DT Randy Starks B+
DT Jared Odrick B
DE Oliver Vernon C
DE Dion Jordan B-
DE Derrick Shelby C+
LB Dannell Ellerbe D+
LB Phillip Wheeler F
LB Koa Misi C+
LB Austin Spitler D-

CB Brent Grimes A
CB Dimitri Patterson B+
CB Nolan Carroll C
CB Jimmy Wilson C
CB Jamar Taylor F
SS Reshad Jones C-
FS Chris Clemons C

Special Teams
P Brandon Fields A
K Caleb Sturgis C+
PR/KR Marcus Thigpen F
Coverage Team C-

Coaching
HC Joe Philbin F
OC Mike Sherman F
DC Kevin Coyle C-

Problem Areas

Absolutely Horrible
-LB

Clean House
-OL
-Coaching
-Kick/Punt Return

Needs Improvement
-HB
-TE
-Safety

Average
-QB
-WR
-K

Above Average
-DL
-CB

Stud
-P

Solution:
Coaches need to go and roster should be revamped for the most part in my opinion, but how?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricanes26 wrote:
Vachon777 wrote:

Love Brandon Gibson, whenever dude was in the game our offense looked better. He had a few drops but for the most part he made plays and had several key 3rd downs. We all thought bringing in Wallace would open up our other receivers but that doesnt seem to have happened. Hartline is still a great player just limited in what he can do.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
Hurricanes26 wrote:
Vachon777 wrote:

Love Brandon Gibson, whenever dude was in the game our offense looked better. He had a few drops but for the most part he made plays and had several key 3rd downs. We all thought bringing in Wallace would open up our other receivers but that doesnt seem to have happened. Hartline is still a great player just limited in what he can do.

Agree 100%. I love him, but Hartline is just so...average.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owner: D
GM: F
Coaching: C- (Offense: D / Defensive: C / Special Teams: C)
QB: D
WR: C (Wallace: D)
HB: D
TE: C
Oline: F
Defensive Line: B+
LB's: D
CB's: C
S's: D
P: B
K: D
ST's: C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: