Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 Gameday Thread: Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
With the 1st pick of the 2014 NFL draft...the Houston Texans select Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville.

Yeah. Can't see this team beating Jacksonville. Let alone twice.

Knowing our luck we will probably beat the Jags both times and put ourselves out of the running for a top 5 pick. I wonder if Kubiak is going to be an idiot and start Schaub next week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgewater does not impress me at all, i think he is wildly inconsistent with accuracy.....i dont see a bonafide qb in this draft.....i see a bunch of average guys

and with all the holes on this team you may have to ride free agency or case and fill the rest of your team first
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
bridgewater does not impress me at all, i think he is wildly inconsistent with accuracy.....i dont see a bonafide qb in this draft.....i see a bunch of average guys

and with all the holes on this team you may have to ride free agency or case and fill the rest of your team first

He wasnt spectacular last night when my team played him, but he didnt have to be. We couldnt stop his RB's, but he shown some flashes that makes him the best prospect in the draft. He has the intangibles to be a franchise QB.

Also

Quote:
#Texans' Ben Tate: "These fans here in Houston are so up and down and so wishy-washy. I'm just shocked at that."

Glad Tate called out these fake stupid bandwagoners. Now a days you can drive around Houston and you dont see any Texans flags outside cars. SMFH.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

He wasnt spectacular last night when my team played him, but he didnt have to be. We couldnt stop his RB's, but he shown some flashes that makes him the best prospect in the draft. He has the intangibles to be a franchise QB.

Also

Quote:
#Texans' Ben Tate: "These fans here in Houston are so up and down and so wishy-washy. I'm just shocked at that."

Glad Tate called out these fake stupid bandwagoners. Now a days you can drive around Houston and you dont see any Texans flags outside cars. SMFH.

Confused hes talking bout guys like us who bood the decision to bench case....hes an idiot just like kubes
buckwild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

Have to fix the OL/DL and secondary before this team can even think about the playoffs

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Have to fix the OL/DL and secondary before this team can even think about the playoffs

i think ol, lb and db are the major problems....thats why i think using a high pick on a qb is not a good idea right now....ride case, yates and a free agent or late rd pick for now

jmo
TexansFan23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gon' get a new QB, we gon' get a new QB...

Credit: mike23md
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Also

Quote:

Confused hes talking bout guys like us who bood the decision to bench case....hes an idiot just like kubes

He said the the fans here are "up and down" and "wishy-washy". That basically mean he saying they are fake fans. Plus, whats wrong with booing when Keenum got benched? I would have did the same thing if I was at the game too. Only way Keenum shouldn't have gotten benched is if he completely sucked today. That was certainly not the Case (no pun intended)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Also

Quote:

He said the the fans here are "up and down" and "wishy-washy". That basically mean he saying they are fake fans. Plus, whats wrong with booing when Keenum got benched? I would have did the same thing if I was at the game too. Only way Keenum shouldn't have gotten benched is if he completely sucked today. That was certainly not the Case (no pun intended)

hes saying were fake because we booed them what dont you understand?

hes an over rated trash rb who cant hold onto the damn ball....he can go too
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Also

Quote:

He was also saying that they are "fake bandwagoners also" At least thats what Im assuming he is also saying.

Heck he even implied it in his other quote.

Quote:
“I just feel like if you’re a true fan, you stick with the team through the tough times and we’re going through a tough time right now.”

Tate isnt overrated. Stop it.
Despite his fumble, which he still recovered by the way, he had a good game. Especially the fact that he is playing injured.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Also

Quote:

He was also saying that they are "fake bandwagoners also" At least thats what Im assuming he is also saying.

Heck he even implied it in his other quote.

Quote:
“I just feel like if you’re a true fan, you stick with the team through the tough times and we’re going through a tough time right now.”

Tate isnt overrated. Stop it.
Despite his fumble, which he still recovered by the way, he had a good game. Especially the fact that he is playing injured.

if youre a true fan, you stick with them? thats saying you dont boo, you just cheer....wake up tate, you were a super bowl aspiring team who is currently battling for the first pick in the draft. we can boo you all we want

and he is an injury prone, fumbling machine who accomplished nothing here yet some of you like him.....hes trash
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're called Tate overrated when we have Foster on our team? The dude is seriously up there when it comes to the topic of most overrated players in the NFL.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this has me reevaluating Rick Smith..
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a team that's struggling right now (and have been for pretty much my entire career), and one thing I can say to support Tate is that most of the time fans have no idea what's really going on inside the locker room and on the field. I know we're all pretty knowledgeable fans on this forum, but I've spoken with some pretty knowledgeable people that are Davidson fans, too, and their perceptions from the outside have been incredibly wrong despite their knowledge of the game and the program. The truth is, it's just really hard to know what's going on with a team without being on the team, and partial information sometimes leads to worse conclusions than no information at all.

Another thing I'd like to say is that NFL players are just wired differently than other human beings. You have to be to make it that far, and you have to be to continue playing through as much pain as they play through and taking that kind of risk to their bodies. There is no such thing as not playing to win in the NFL, and when there is, their coach should be fired immediately. Defenders play the game because they enjoy hurting people, as long as it's within the rules. Players play through an absurd amount of concussions (which I only began to realize when I got one myself this year and began to make myself more knowledgeable about them--read the SI article about Sam Hurd where he says he and his teammates smoked marijuana because it made the headaches go away, which means they pretty much stayed concussed during the season) because they don't value their bodies and minds as much as they value being a gladiator, whatever that means. The fact that team leaders were yelling heatedly on the sidelines at the end of the game tells me this team has no intention of throwing in the towel any time this season. What a lot of fans are seeing as frustration at Kubiak could just as easily be frustration at the fans for making inferences and saying things that just aren't true.

One last thing, say what you want to, but Ben Tate is freaking tough right now. Being an NFL RB isn't easy without broken ribs, let alone with them. He's only doing it because the team absolutely needs him and it's his ticket to a big paycheck next season, but you can't question his toughness because there's not one of us in this forum that would do that regardless of circumstances.

Sig by matthouston91
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one is questioning tates toughness. kudos to him

BUT lets not pretend like hes doing it because he loves this team and city, hes doing it because he wants his payday this off-season. which is fine, but lets keep it in perspective.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: