You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cody Prewitt, FS, Mississippi (Junior)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 7314
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Cody Prewitt, FS, Mississippi (Junior) Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about Ole Miss junior free safety Cody Prewitt? With the safety senior class looking as of right now to be lacking in upper tier talent, could Prewitt be an underrated rising prospect? Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is seems to be the default top rated free safety and Florida State senior Lamarcus Joyner has been getting quite a bit of attention. Does Prewitt project well as a well rounded free safety or will he likely need to be used in a role that puts him closer to the line of scrimmage? How is his coverage range?


Cody Prewitt
Position : FS
College : Mississippi Rebels
Class : Junior
Height : 6'-2"
Weight : 220 lbs.
40 yard dash : 4.62 (estimated)

Cody Prewitt Mississippi Rebels Official Bio

Quote:
2013 Statistics (through 9 games)
Solo tackles : 38
Assisted tackles : 16
Total tackles : 54
Tackles for loss : 3
Tackles for loss yardage : 7
Interceptions : 4
Interception return yardage : 18
Passes broken up : 6
QB hurries : 1
Forced fumbles : 2

2012 Statistics (13 games)
Solo tackles : 44
Assisted tackles : 36
Total tackles : 80
Tackles for loss : 5
Tackles for loss yardage : 19
Sacks : 1.5
Sack loss yardage : 13
Interceptions : 2
Interception return yardage : 23
Passes broken up : 4
QB hurries : 1
Forced fumbles : 2
Fumble recovery : 1

2011 Statistics (12 games)
Solo tackles : 18
Assisted tackles : 14
Total tackles : 32
Tackles for loss : 0.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 1
Interceptions : 1
Interception return yardage : 1
QB hurries : 1


Quote:
Ole Miss FS Cody Prewitt: NFL Draft Stock Has Never Been Higher
October 31, 2013 1:44 pm EST by Rick Stavig

Halfway through the 2013 football season, the draft-stock ticker is rising and falling week by week, prospect by prospect. For some, itís been a rough season on their draft ticker (like former Oregon TE Colt Lyerla). For others, this season has been more fortunate, like Ole Miss Rebels free safety Cody Prewitt, whoís never seen his draft stock as high as it currently is.

Prewitt (6-foot-2, 215 pounds) entered the season on some Honorable Mention All-SEC watch lists, and that was largely it. Eight games in, however, Prewitt is not only a favorite for First Team All-SEC, but heís now one of 15 players who have been named a Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist, an award given at the end of the season to the top defensive back nationwide. Not too shabby.

Itís easy to see why Prewitt has been named a semifinalist and why his draft stock has been skyrocketing. So far in 2013, Prewitt leads the Rebels in interceptions (four, most in the SEC and sixth nationally), PBUs (nine), forced fumbles (two) and his 48 tackles are good for second on the team.

So, where does Prewitt rank on the big board of free safeties? Right now Iíd put him in the 6-to-7 range, putting him right around the fourth- or fifth-round projection. Heís just above Mississippi State FS Nickoe Whitley, who began the season as the best safety in the state, and a potential All-American, but has endured some less-than-stellar outings in recent weeks (the Kentucky game comes to mind).

Another thing to consider is that Prewittís performances in the coming weeks should continue to be strong, especially considering the Rebels schedule. Arkansas has an atrocious passing attack, Troy passes all the time (not necessarily successfully), so Prewitt will have ample opportunities to build on his INTs, and Mississippi State has a mediocre passing game at best. Missouri will be the last big test for Prewitt on the schedule, facing the likes of LíDamian Washington and Dorial Green-Beckham, two guys who can really take the top off the defense.

All in all, I expect Prewitt to continue padding his stats this season and should be named on various All-SEC and All-American lists. But will he declare early? After all, heís only a junior, and still has another year of eligibility.

The talent in this yearís class of FSís isnít overwhelming, but itís strong at the top with Hasean Clinton-Dix (Alabama) and Lamarcus Joyner (Florida State). Prewitt, at the pace heís going, could very well jump to third on this list before itís all said and done. If thatís the case, heíll probably leave.

One way or another, heíll be checking with the NFL Draft Advisory Board about his potential draft placement.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/31/ole-miss-fs-cody-prewitt-nfl-draft-stock-has-never-been-higher/







_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2081
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.
as a Colts fan, thank god there is a decent FS prospect in this draft Laughing

I'll have to watch him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.
as a Colts fan, thank god there is a decent FS prospect in this draft Laughing

I'll have to watch him.


Yeah, check him out.

I LOVE how hard he plays. He's 6'2" and 220 but can play either safety position. This kid is a stud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6797
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Nobody wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.
as a Colts fan, thank god there is a decent FS prospect in this draft Laughing

I'll have to watch him.


Yeah, check him out.

I LOVE how hard he plays. He's 6'2" and 220 but can play either safety position. This kid is a stud.


Stud? Not even close. He is constantly beaten over the top in coverage and misses too many tackles on top of taking bad angles. In no way is he a top prospect and Sunseri of Alabama was a better prospect. This guy reminds me of Zeke Molta formerly of Notre Dame.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Nobody wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.
as a Colts fan, thank god there is a decent FS prospect in this draft Laughing

I'll have to watch him.


Yeah, check him out.

I LOVE how hard he plays. He's 6'2" and 220 but can play either safety position. This kid is a stud.


Stud? Not even close. He is constantly beaten over the top in coverage and misses too many tackles on top of taking bad angles. In no way is he a top prospect and Sunseri of Alabama was a better prospect. This guy reminds me of Zeke Molta formerly of Notre Dame.


Laughing



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biz_YF_zgmA

As you can see, he's a ferocious hitter. But also great in Cover 2. SEC leader in INTs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6797
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.


GTFOH Laughing
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6797
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Nobody wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Love this kid. My #1 safety prospect for 2015.

He's big and strong but fast with great instincts. Good tackler. Great ball skills. High intensity.

Think Eric Reid, but maybe even better.
as a Colts fan, thank god there is a decent FS prospect in this draft Laughing

I'll have to watch him.


Yeah, check him out.

I LOVE how hard he plays. He's 6'2" and 220 but can play either safety position. This kid is a stud.


Stud? Not even close. He is constantly beaten over the top in coverage and misses too many tackles on top of taking bad angles. In no way is he a top prospect and Sunseri of Alabama was a better prospect. This guy reminds me of Zeke Molta formerly of Notre Dame.


Laughing



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biz_YF_zgmA

As you can see, he's a ferocious hitter. But also great in Cover 2. SEC leader in INTs.


How many actual games have you watched him play? I've seen him in many and he isn't that good. I'm from Mississippi and love my Sip teams but I will not compare him to Reid.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:

How many actual games have you watched him play? I've seen him in many and he isn't that good. I'm from Mississippi and love my Sip teams but I will not compare him to Reid.


Can you explain/quantify your opinion with more detail or evidence? Would love to hear from someone that has seen him "many times" and thinks he's not that good.

I watched him vs. Vanderbilt live and on draftbreakdown, and caught a lot of Alabama, Auburn, TAMU, and LSU live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6797
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

How many actual games have you watched him play? I've seen him in many and he isn't that good. I'm from Mississippi and love my Sip teams but I will not compare him to Reid.


Can you explain/quantify your opinion with more detail or evidence? Would love to hear from someone that has seen him "many times" and thinks he's not that good.

I watched him vs. Vanderbilt live and on draftbreakdown, and caught a lot of Alabama, Auburn, TAMU, and LSU live.


I will find some proof for you. Give me about thirty minutes and I will get back to you...that being said, I expect the same from you as far as why in your opinion he can be better than Eric Reid.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28904
Location: #PoWwW York City
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching him and he's not very smart yet. He has some athletic ability but he seems, overall, pretty average in terms of applying it onto the field.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 6797
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AltTRKe9yw

This clip highlights the stiffness and horrible angles that he takes to the ball. I was busy installing cd player in my Ole Skool so I apologize for the delayed response.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19191
Location: 805
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him, but he doesn't seem like the most agile or fast dude. He has good instincts and lays the wood, but based on the the little I saw of him he looks like a 4.58 40 yard/4.03 3-cone type of athlete. He doesn't look slow or stiff, just not very sudden. Like a taller Craig Loston with better instincts in coverage. I think Collins is a noticeably better prospect athletically.
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
I like him, but he doesn't seem like the most agile or fast dude. He has good instincts and lays the wood, but based on the the little I saw of him he looks like a 4.58 40 yard/4.03 3-cone type of athlete. He doesn't look slow or stiff, just not very sudden. Like a taller Craig Loston with better instincts in coverage. I think Collins is a noticeably better prospect athletically.


Haha Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor both ran 4.58 and weigh about 10 pounds less than Prewitt. Kenny Vaccaro ran 4.59.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19191
Location: 805
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
I like him, but he doesn't seem like the most agile or fast dude. He has good instincts and lays the wood, but based on the the little I saw of him he looks like a 4.58 40 yard/4.03 3-cone type of athlete. He doesn't look slow or stiff, just not very sudden. Like a taller Craig Loston with better instincts in coverage. I think Collins is a noticeably better prospect athletically.


Haha Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor both ran 4.58 and weigh about 10 pounds less than Prewitt. Kenny Vaccaro ran 4.59.


We'll see what Prewitt actually weighs in at the combine. Pryor was listed at like 6'3 215 until he was officially measured. Straight line speed I think he is there with those guys, but he really gears down when he changes direction. I need to watch more on Cash to see how he compares to Prewitt. And watch more Prewitt. I'm basing this off 2 games.
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group