Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Johnny Manziel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Honestly Ive never seen an Oline unit in this bad of shape before. We whiffed on about 10 or more draft picks/FA signings and now we are going to head into an off season with 1 stater under contract. Its so sad its laughable. Its gonna take a few years just to fix that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
If we reboot the entire organization........ Why not? What do you do with Tannehill then?

Trade, should be able to get a 1st for him...

No way, his trade value is a 2nd or 3rd at this point.

Trent Richardson got a 1st rounder, Flynn a second....Tannehill would easily be worth a 1st.....

With that said....I have no desire to draft Johnny Manziel....Tannehill is a fine QB who (once he gets an o-line) will be one of the 10 best in the NFL. He is essentially carrying this team...a team with the worst o-line in the NFL, an inept OC, no running game and a defense that can not stop the run or a 3rd and long. The team is performing poorly and we want to replace the one guy who is actually performing above expectations and one of the few bright spots on this team....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a huge Ryan Tannehill fan but lets not kid ourselves he should have won the game monday night. The way Mathews was playing and weapons in Wallace and Hartline there is no excuses. No one is keeping him in the pocket or preventing him from rolling out if he feels the pocket is collapsing. Good QBs take the team on their shoulders and make plays. This has not happened.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut him...... No seriously if we are starting over, trade him for a 2nd rounder we need to grab two Oline men easy in the first 3 rounds.
Johnny Football is great but his condition worries me, RGIII seems more durable and look at him. But I have a feeling we hit a reset button this off season.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace is not the problem. People are jumping on Mike when everyone knew what he was. A glorified Ted Ginn. If the line could protect Wallace would be waaaaaay more effective. If you want Wallace to be more productive put him in the slot because that is the only place on the field Tanney has comfort in throwing the ball.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mike Wallace is not the problem. People are jumping on Mike when everyone knew what he was. A glorified Ted Ginn. If the line could protect Wallace would be waaaaaay more effective. If you want Wallace to be more productive put him in the slot because that is the only place on the field Tanney has comfort in throwing the ball.

So with all the passes completed on the sidelines to both Hartline and Wallace, your assessment is that he's only comfortable throwing to the slot ? And a dude that is averaging a thousand yards a season is glorified 3rd string WR ? ....

................. <blankstare> ...........

I really want you to watch NCAA offensive linemen and give us your thoughts there. Forget about the skill positions for the time being.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I am a huge Ryan Tannehill fan but lets not kid ourselves he should have won the game monday night. The way Mathews was playing and weapons in Wallace and Hartline there is no excuses. No one is keeping him in the pocket or preventing him from rolling out if he feels the pocket is collapsing. Good QBs take the team on their shoulders and make plays. This has not happened.

When the topic turns back to offensive linemen you'll state clearly that there are so many issues there that hinder the rest of the team. Mind boggling how you don't factor that in here.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

This season Tannehill has completed 17 of 31 for 236 passes to the middle of the field with 1 TD and 4 Ints..

By comparison he has completed 98 or 170 for 1087 yards to the sidelines with 9 tds and 3 ints....(he's has over 500 yards to each sideline....

I wonder if you even watch the games on a regular basis....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

When the topic turns back to offensive linemen you'll state clearly that there are so many issues there that hinder the rest of the team. Mind boggling how you don't factor that in here.

Im not saying that it all falls on Tannehill because the Oline is bad but week after week Tannehill is reading defenses. The last 2 sacks they lined up the same. Wheres the roll out? He can call an audible for a roll out to create more space.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
joeyL.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
If we reboot the entire organization........ Why not? What do you do with Tannehill then?

Move him to WR? lol jkjk

No, in all honesty I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Johnny if QB was the last up in the air thing about this team, but its not. I would put QB low on the list of needs this draft.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

This season Tannehill has completed 17 of 31 for 236 passes to the middle of the field with 1 TD and 4 Ints..

By comparison he has completed 98 or 170 for 1087 yards to the sidelines with 9 tds and 3 ints....(he's has over 500 yards to each sideline....

Is it a coincidence many in this forum believed Brandon Gibson to be the best receiver on this team before injured? Tanney completed a bunch of 5 yard out patterns and curls. That is until defenses SAW THE TAPE and started squating on those routes. That is why Tanney started throwing those picks. I forget what game it was when they jumped all routes to the outside. What a coincidence he is not shying away from throwing that pass. So I guess Matthews is now the best receiver. What position does he play? Oh right the slot.

Clearly I do not think Wallace is Ted Ginn. I actually blame Wallace usage on the coaching staff. They need to move him around more if they want get him involved. The problem is he struggles catching the ball. You can spew out as many stats as you want, I know what I see when I see Tanney throw. He is clearly more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Is it a coincidence many in this forum believed Brandon Gibson to be the best receiver on this team before injured? Tanney completed a bunch of 5 yard out patterns and curls. That is until defenses SAW THE TAPE and started squating on those routes. That is why Tanney started throwing those picks. I forget what game it was when they jumped all routes to the outside. What a coincidence he is not shying away from throwing that pass. So I guess Matthews is now the best receiver. What position does he play? Oh right the slot.

Clearly I do not think Wallace is Ted Ginn. I actually blame Wallace usage on the coaching staff. They need to move him around more if they want get him involved. The problem is he struggles catching the ball. You can spew out as many stats as you want, I know what I see when I see Tanney throw. He is clearly more comfortable throwing in the middle of the field.

Every QB has their comfort areas so being more comfortable in one area than another is understandable to say.

ovaw8lover wrote:

If you want Wallace to be more productive put him in the slot because that is the only place on the field Tanney has comfort in throwing the ball.

You have said two completely different things here.

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Tannehill throws best to the outside and is one of the reason Hartline continues to be as productive as he is. Gibson was the team best WR because he was the only one who seemed like he was capable of making a play after the catch. If you have noticed...Tannehill seems to find a guy each game that he seems to click with and tends to continue to go back to that player...this week just happen to be Matthews turn....it is one of the reasons why we now have had 5 WR's with 100 yard receiving games. Hartline falls as soon as he touches the ball and Wallace doesn't seem to be put is position to make plays. I will not dispute that the play calling and the play design do nobody any favors on this team. I thought the whole premise of getting the WR's they did was because they wanted guys to line up at all positions....so far that hasn't been the case. (Tangent) Biggest issue with this current staff is no one knows how to put the teams players in the best position to succeed. Tannehill throws extremely well on the run, yet the team calls very few roll outs, the massive misuse of Bush last season, failure to move players around in the slot, not lining up Jordan at LB when he has shown he can run with top end TE's and continuing use Wheeler who has been a giant POS on the field.

ovaw8lover wrote:

Every QB has a comfort area and most QB's tend to work in the under 10 yard area, hell Tom Brady has had a Pro-Bowl Career in working those same areas. As much as he may seem comfortable throwing to the middle he still throw to the outside more and is more effective in those throws. As for Wallace....his issue are not just his own, as I said above this staff doesn't know how to put players in the best position to make plays.

In the end...Tannehill will be the teams QB for at least one more season. He has at least played well enough to earn that chance. It is also a little unfair to completely judge a player playing behind this line, with no running game and a bad play caller. I'm not saying Tannehill is blameless by any means, but the deck is stacked against him...so to speak.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Every QB has their comfort areas so being more comfortable in one area than another is understandable to say.

ovaw8lover wrote:

If you want Wallace to be more productive put him in the slot because that is the only place on the field Tanney has comfort in throwing the ball.

You have said two completely different things here.

No I didnt. The second point further supported my stance on the first one.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Tannehill throws best to the outside and is one of the reason Hartline continues to be as productive as he is. Gibson was the team best WR because he was the only one who seemed like he was capable of making a play after the catch. If you have noticed...Tannehill seems to find a guy each game that he seems to click with and tends to continue to go back to that player...this week just happen to be Matthews turn....it is one of the reasons why we now have had 5 WR's with 100 yard receiving games. Hartline falls as soon as he touches the ball and Wallace doesn't seem to be put is position to make plays. I will not dispute that the play calling and the play design do nobody any favors on this team. I thought the whole premise of getting the WR's they did was because they wanted guys to line up at all positions....so far that hasn't been the case. (Tangent) Biggest issue with this current staff is no one knows how to put the teams players in the best position to succeed. Tannehill throws extremely well on the run, yet the team calls very few roll outs, the massive misuse of Bush last season, failure to move players around in the slot, not lining up Jordan at LB when he has shown he can run with top end TE's and continuing use Wheeler who has been a giant POS on the field.

ovaw8lover wrote:

Every QB has a comfort area and most QB's tend to work in the under 10 yard area, hell Tom Brady has had a Pro-Bowl Career in working those same areas. As much as he may seem comfortable throwing to the middle he still throw to the outside more and is more effective in those throws. As for Wallace....his issue are not just his own, as I said above this staff doesn't know how to put players in the best position to make plays.

In the end...Tannehill will be the teams QB for at least one more season. He has at least played well enough to earn that chance. It is also a little unfair to completely judge a player playing behind this line, with no running game and a bad play caller. I'm not saying Tannehill is blameless by any means, but the deck is stacked against him...so to speak.

I agree it is unfair to judge a player behind this line. I actually think the line is ruining any chance Tanney has of being a good QB. That is exactly why I think they should draft Johnny Football or any bonifide elite pro prospect.

I am sick and tired of Wallace getting the blame. Sure drops the occasional ball but when he is open downfield, Tanney often over or underthrows him. He burned Revis a few times againt the Bucs. BigBen connects on those throws. That is all I am saying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: