Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Johnny Manziel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Draft Johnny Manziel Reply with quote

I often say regardless of your previous years draft you owe it to the team and fanbase to continue looking for a franchise QB until you have one. I do not believe Tanney is a franchise QB. There are just some intangible's he lacks. First of all, he does not show any leadership skills, pocket pressence, touch or a high football IQ. Furthermore, he is probably on the verge of becoming damaged goods due to the amount of sacks he is taking.

Johnny Manziel possesses all those things. Sure, he is shorter than what you want in a QB but he is a gamer and can make all the throws. You cannot tell me if you put Manziel's competitiveness in Tanney he would have won that game yesterday. I am tired of hearing about the offensive line. Aaron Rodgers fielded a darn good offense with a bad offensive line and run game. If this regime is reluctant to make this sort of move because they drafted Tanney then fire them. You can never have too many QB's.
hisalness56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill is the only thing that keeps this offense relevant. He needs to get rid of the ball faster sure, but I'm not one who thinks he completely lacks awareness I put a lot on the Oline. I just wish he would use his athleticism more. He's great throwing on the run and the lack of designed rollouts is on Sherman. Our run game is catastrophic as is his protection. I am worried about his development now though with the crazy number of times he gets hit
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Johnny Manziel Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I often say regardless of your previous years draft you owe it to the team and fanbase to continue looking for a franchise QB until you have one. I do not believe Tanney is a franchise QB. There are just some intangible's he lacks. First of all, he does not show any leadership skills, pocket pressence, touch or a high football IQ. Furthermore, he is probably on the verge of becoming damaged goods due to the amount of sacks he is taking.

Johnny Manziel possesses all those things. Sure, he is shorter than what you want in a QB but he is a gamer and can make all the throws. You cannot tell me if you put Manziel's competitiveness in Tanney he would have won that game yesterday. I am tired of hearing about the offensive line. Aaron Rodgers fielded a darn good offense with a bad offensive line and run game. If this regime is reluctant to make this sort of move because they drafted Tanney then fire them. You can never have too many QB's.

I love you Ovaw Anxious

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no run game, no offensive line, and Mike Wallace is a bust as a number one receiver. Our offense regressed but Tannehill has somehow progressed from last season. (60% completion percentage, positive TD:INT ratio, nearly 4000 yards, passer rating in the 80's). I think we can all agree that Tannehill is never going to be a top 5 QB but he is literally the only positive in a year where the rest of our offense, defense, and special teams have each taken a big step back. Also, while Tannehill is the most sacked, one away from Big Ben, he is not the most hit. For a 2nd year in a row that goes to Andrew Luck. The difference between a sack and a hit is pocket awareness, Tannehill has none.

This all said, I'm a big fan of Johnny so if a coaching change does happen and then I would support the pick.

Last edited by WaterBear56 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if we're in position to draft a quality QB, we should do it.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we reboot the entire organization........ Why not? What do you do with Tannehill then?

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
If we reboot the entire organization........ Why not? What do you do with Tannehill then?

Trade, should be able to get a 1st for him...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to give up on Tannehill unless he really shows me he's not the answer in the last 7 games

Olivier Vernon
2014 Stats: 1 SACK 3 TCKLs 0 FF
patdt13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
I dont want to give up on Tannehill unless he really shows me he's not the answer in the last 7 games

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Manic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need 4 new Olineman and you're wanting to draft a qb with our 1st pick? We dont have any OTs, or OGs going into this off season. Qb is the last thing im thinking about this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
we need 4 new Olineman and you're wanting to draft a qb with our 1st pick? We dont have any OTs, or OGs going into this off season. Qb is the last thing im thinking about this year.

Manziel is so good he doesn't need a line.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Johnny football but he is barely making it through every college game this year with some sort of injury. I am not worried about his height as much as I am his body size, he is small.

I didn't walk away from last night game thinking damn we need a QB bad. I am all in favor for drafting competition though.

On a side not we have one of the worst set of blocking TE's and RB's in the league. Clay cant block a dead person
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

On a side not we have one of the worst set of blocking TE's and RB's in the league. Clay cant block a dead person

True, and it's true for our oline too.

WE LOST TO THE BUCANEERS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Draft Manziel. Im all for it. Keep throwing guys at the position till one sticks and we win a playoff game
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Maddogg wrote:

Trade, should be able to get a 1st for him...

No way, his trade value is a 2nd or 3rd at this point.

Nacho Simulation Football League
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:

This... even if Tannehill can't develop to be our franchise QB, with our current line, we will hurt the development of anyone we draft in the 1st round.

Nacho Simulation Football League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: