Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans release Ed Reed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
I'm also on board with KJ playing Safety. I think his biggest issue is turning to find the ball. Playing with everything in front of him seems like an elegant solution to cover up that weakness. He's established himself as a solid and punishing tackler.

And it would be great having him step into coverage from the safety position too.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it brought up, but does anyone else think that this might be also tied to anger about him possibly hiding his hip injury when he signed?
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
I haven't seen it brought up, but does anyone else think that this might be also tied to anger about him possibly hiding his hip injury when he signed?

That could be another part of it, but if so that's on the Texans' team doctors - unless he was able to fake his way through the physical before he signed. I think the Texans were well aware of his injury, but figured he would be available for the playoffs - which the team planned to be in.
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jets agreed to terms with S Ed Reed.
Rex Ryan was the Ravens defensive coordinator from 2005-08 and hasn't been shy about lavishing Reed with praise ever since he left. However, Rex isn't getting the guy he knows from their Baltimore days. Reed is 35 years old, coming off hip surgery and was demoted to third string in Houston despite $6 million guaranteed in his contract. Still, the Jets are getting one of the game's premier leaders and a future Hall of Famer for pennies. Reed, who is expected to play against Buffalo this week, should at least be able to bolster the secondary by rotating with struggling Antonio Allen and allowing Dawan Landry to play some strong safety. It's a low-risk move for the 5-4 Jets.
per rotoworld
Texans02

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to really like Ed Reed. It's a shame he had to come and take a dump on my football team. Really don't care for him much now.

Have fun the the Jets, chump.

Yes please!
treece300e

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hopes for Reed were that he'd force Wade out of such a strict mold of man coverage. Reeds lack of tackling ability is no secret, and his strength has always been playing deep centerfield and making plays by reading the the QB and WR routes. I didn't see that from him here. He was too close to the line and was not given the chance to do what he does best. He's a shadow of himself, there's no doubt, but he was also in the wrong scheme for him to excel and no changes were made to fix that.

Swearinger is really coming into his own, which has me excited because he was one of my favorite players in college last year. Manning should return healthy and that gives us a pretty solid safety tandem. We do need a 3rd S, but I think that player is already on our roster. I'm not sure who, but I doubt we draft a S early this class, if at all. It's been said many times, but I like KJ for S for many reasons, partially because they are cheaper than CBs and that could give us a year to tag him if necessary. I also think his skillset is better suited for it.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope reed makes our coaches look even more stupid.....wades simple defense and lack of creativity....fo couldnt handle the truth so they can the little birdy that flapped his beak
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
i hope reed makes our coaches look even more stupid.....wades simple defense and lack of creativity....fo couldnt handle the truth so they can the little birdy that flapped his beak

I was coming in to post the exact same thing! Please get a pick this weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an interview today Ed Reed said the Texans "werent a good fit for him." Then why the hell did you sign with us then? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
On an interview today Ed Reed said the Texans "werent a good fit for him." Then why the hell did you sign with us then? Rolling Eyes

Ummmm lots of money.

As for the release it is really no surprise. I couldn't even believe it was Ed Reed on the field at times because I never saw him even near the football most of the time. I am sure the team would have kept him for the season until he started to become a negative influence.

Chalk this up as an 'Ahman Green' type learning experience.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
I'm also on board with KJ playing Safety. I think his biggest issue is turning to find the ball. Playing with everything in front of him seems like an elegant solution to cover up that weakness. He's established himself as a solid and punishing tackler.

I agree, Jackson and Swearinger would be a physical safety tandem. Problem is, right now we're really thin at corner. Brice McCain is getting eaten alive, and the main alternative is the unproven Brandon Harris. I think slot corner is a bigger need than safety next year assuming Manning is back to form.

LORK88
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something to brighten our days

http://nypost.com/2013/11/17/ed-reed-exposed-in-jets-debut/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

It does. I don't want anything bad to him, but I hope he keeps running his mouth and playing poorly. That would make me smile.

Yes please!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

It does. I don't want anything bad to him, but I hope he keeps running his mouth and playing poorly. That would make me smile.

That would make him a "perfect fit" for the Jets.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
LORK 88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Ed Reed quotes...

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: