Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans release Ed Reed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Texans release Ed Reed Reply with quote

Quote:
John McClain
‏@McClain_on_NFL
Texans are releasing Ed Reed today.

It is either (1) for his comments / attitude / play - esp. after Sunday's tweets or (2) allow him to sign with a contender.

I am thinking (1) more than (2)
AkVerse47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you

^^ props to mike23md for the sig
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was part of the ineptitude on defense but the man should be able to speak his mind and not have repercussions of losing his job. Not saying I'm sad to see him go but he's 100% right. This team was outplayed and outcoached and part of the problem is that the staff continues to retool this team with has-beens and never-will-bees.

Outside of a handful of players, the talent on this team is middling at best. And let's not even get started with the generic and obvious schemes we run.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article was posted / written on November 9th - think the Texans read it as well? lol.... just jokes, folks Laughing
http://overthecap.com/should-the-texans-release-ed-reed/
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for once I was right about something.....law of averages said it had to happen at some point

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really thought Reed was going to make things click in our secondary. I started to worry when the hip thing happened. But no, his time in Houston was an unmitigated disaster.

Good call by the front office to cut ties with a mistake. Especially one dumb enough to mouth off to the media after riding the pine.

Yes please!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This organization is a freaking joke. It's not like he was lying when he made those comments, but Reed has been horrible us this season so I understand the move. Now watch him go someone and help a team win a SB. That would freaking suck. Thank god Swearinger is starting to play well for us as a rookie.

For comparison's sake Glover Quin has 31 tackles, 2 INTs and 5 PD for the 6-3 Lions. Texans didnt even attempt to resign Glover. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the question is, do we let Keo go into the season as the starter, or do we address safety via FA or the early in the draft? I know Keo outplayed Reed this season, but Keo still shouldnt be in our long term plans at safety.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Now the question is, do we let Keo go into the season as the starter, or do we address safety via FA or the early in the draft? I know Keo outplayed Reed this season, but Keo still shouldnt be in our long term plans at safety.

Manning is the starter with Swearinger next year. We do need to look for a future FS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Manning is the starter with Swearinger next year. We do need to look for a future FS.

We may have a deep S solution on our practice squad right now: Steven Terrell. He has the tools to be a deep coverage S. Might as well play him and see if he has the skills / aptitude.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this move coming at the end of the season, but didn't expect it now. Ed Reed has been around long enough to know that you can't speak the truth, you must follow the party line comrade.

Is there a player on another teams practice squad that's worth signing now that we have an open spot on the roster?
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
I saw this move coming at the end of the season, but didn't expect it now. Ed Reed has been around long enough to know that you can't speak the truth, you must follow the party line comrade.

Is there a player on another teams practice squad that's worth signing now that we have an open spot on the roster?

Not a practice squad guy but Kerry Rhodes is still looking for a job. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Keenum say he was practicing at safety a few weeks ago? Let him play both sides of the ball, I say! Very Happy

Actually, if Kareem isn't hurt. I'd love to see what he could do at FS or JJ not Watt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Kareem would make a great safety. Should be cutting ties with some veterans and go young.
treece300e

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also on board with KJ playing Safety. I think his biggest issue is turning to find the ball. Playing with everything in front of him seems like an elegant solution to cover up that weakness. He's established himself as a solid and punishing tackler.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: