Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Polumbus Much Improved
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Tyler Polumbus Much Improved Reply with quote

Given a chance to settle into one position and off-season work.. He has become ..."respectable".. R T might not be such a great need anymore.
PS--However,, the guy to his left may be the worst O/L man in the league. ,,,BUT, I'm sure no worries --He'll keep his job cause the next guy in line is even worse.

http://realredskins.com/2013/11/10/need-to-know-five-redskins-who-have-exceeded-expectations/
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article says that he had given up 8 sacks all last season, but has only given up 1 this season, I say, the season is not over.

As far as the interior of the OL goes, we have LeReibus who actually played better than Kory Lichtensteiger last season when Kory went down with an injury. I think its time to give him his shot. Chris Chester has been ok, but was really beat up against the Minnesota defensive front.

I would love to replace Montgomery with Tyler Larsen out of Utah State, but only good teams believe in drafting OC's. Laughing

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure would like some news on Mo Hurt .. He's practicing I think and eligble to come off the pup list but don;t know if his knee is well enough ..
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
The article says that he had given up 8 sacks all last season, but has only given up 1 this season, I say, the season is not over.

As far as the interior of the OL goes, we have LeReibus who actually played better than Kory Lichtensteiger last season when Kory went down with an injury. I think its time to give him his shot. Chris Chester has been ok, but was really beat up against the Minnesota defensive front.

I would love to replace Montgomery with Tyler Larsen out of Utah State, but only good teams believe in drafting OC's. Laughing

Chris Chester is awful and a top 10 cap number --UGH !
http://realredskins.com/2013/11/11/need-to-know-five-redskins-who-need-to-step-up/
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Sure would like some news on Mo Hurt .. He's practicing I think and eligble to come off the pup list but don;t know if his knee is well enough ..
Same here. I haven't heard anything about him.

As for Polumbus, I'm satisfied and surprised with how he's played so far.

I'm surprised with how Chester and Kory L have been inconsistent, but I don't think either of the young guys are better at the moment.

I really don't see us making a move to bench someone on the interior OL until we're eliminated from the playoffs, if ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see some young guys getting play time on the Oline as well. However, we do have to consider the health of our QB and whether the young guys can protect him adequately.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I'd like to see some young guys getting play time on the Oline as well. However, we do have to consider the health of our QB and whether the young guys can protect him adequately.

Well the OLD guys ain't doin' so great !
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

a few are inconsistent, but overall they've been just fine as an OL.

I see no reason at this point to bench anyone.

I don't think Shanahan will make a move there this year, upgrades along the OL will happen in the offseason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

I don't think Shanahan will make a move there this year, upgrades along the OL will happen in the offseason.

Maybe.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

The bold really made me laugh! They have been terrible pass blocking.

On top of that here are some recent quotes by you regarding the O-Line:

turtle28 wrote:
I mean seriously, have you watched the OL this year? That's gotta be the priority for the offense.

turtle28 wrote:
Ugly

2. The offensive line's pass blocking!

turtle28 wrote:
Neither Kory L nor Chester could handle their man individually, Hatcher blew up our run on many occasions before it got started. On the play where rg3 fumbled at the 4, Monty and Kory couldn't handle Hatcher together, he pushed the pocket back to where their outside rushers could get to RG3 easily and Chester was constantly beaten by a guy who I have no clue who he is.

turtle28 wrote:
Breaking down the OL disaster

turtle28 wrote:
yeah, 3 new OL though either way I think. Both guards and Polumbus have been horrible

These are all quotes from this season. I found the last one particularly interesting since you got all on my case for us drafting 2 guards in the draft...one of which was in the 7th round, and the other is viewed as a OG/C in the NFL. I don't get the sudden change of heart with our lineman at all. The interior lineman got destroyed against the Vikings last week. I had a great seat near the 50 yard line at that game, and it seemed on most pass plays the interior lineman were getting manhandled, there was hardly a pocket to step into because they immediately are driven back after the snap.

How can you see no reason to bench anyone now? If they can't block long enough in the pass game for RG3 to even go through his reads...How is he supposed to stay healthy, and how is he suppose to improve as a passer?!? I'd lock onto 1-2 reads a play if I was RG3 too with how little time he gets to throw, and having his lineman being driven back into him when he's trying to pass. The young guys need to be given a shot to see it they are capable of being pass blockers. If your guards can't give a QB a pocket they shouldn't be starting..
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Maybe.

As long as Mike Shanahan is the coach, they will not. He does this. He thinks he can find diamonds in the rough and mold them to his system. Game has changed too much. There are more restrictions on blocking now. You need actual talent.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:
I mean seriously, have you watched the OL this year? That's gotta be the priority for the offense.

turtle28 wrote:
Ugly

turtle28 wrote:
Neither Kory L nor Chester could handle their man individually, Hatcher blew up our run on many occasions before it got started. On the play where rg3 fumbled at the 4, Monty and Kory couldn't handle Hatcher together, he pushed the pocket back to where their outside rushers could get to RG3 easily and Chester was constantly beaten by a guy who I have no clue who he is.

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:
yeah, 3 new OL though either way I think. Both guards and Polumbus have been horrible

These are all quotes from this season. I found the last one particularly interesting since you got all on my case for us drafting 2 guards in the draft...one of which was in the 7th round, and the other is viewed as a OG/C in the NFL. I don't get the sudden change of heart with our lineman at all. The interior lineman got destroyed against the Vikings last week. I had a great seat near the 50 yard line at that game, and it seemed on most pass plays the interior lineman were getting manhandled, there was hardly a pocket to step into because they immediately are driven back after the snap.

How can you see no reason to bench anyone now? If they can't block long enough in the pass game for RG3 to even go through his reads...How is he supposed to stay healthy, and how is he suppose to improve as a passer?!? I'd lock onto 1-2 reads a play if I was RG3 too with how little time he gets to throw, and having his lineman being driven back into him when he's trying to pass. The young guys need to be given a shot to see it they are capable of being pass blockers. If your guards can't give a QB a pocket they shouldn't be starting..

You put alot of work in this -- It's just Turtle and my post --If I say Black ,, he says White..
I guarantee he'll squirm some kinda "I didn't really mean that/ say that",,outta this ...Too 2 funny-Made my WEEK !! Laughing
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:
Ugly

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

You put alot of work in this -- It's just Turtle and my post --If I say Black ,, he says White..
I guarantee he'll squirm some kinda "I didn't really mean that/ say that",,outta this ...Too 2 funny-Made my WEEK !! Laughing

Lol hardly any work at all a simple google search with the key words: footballsfuture, offensive line, and turtle28 made this post take only about 5 minutes to make. Not trying to flame/single out turtle here, it just seemed like he was all about replacing the whole O-line minus T. Williams a few weeks ago, and now he has completed pulled a 180 on this topic. Not sure if it is arguing just to go against the grain or what with this.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:
Ugly

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

Lol hardly any work at all a simple google search with the key words: footballsfuture, offensive line, and turtle28 made this post take only about 5 minutes to make. Not trying to flame/single out turtle here, it just seemed like he was all about replacing the whole O-line minus T. Williams a few weeks ago, and now he has completed pulled a 180 on this topic. Not sure if it is arguing just to go against the grain or what with this.

Wow , I'm no tech wiz--Had no idea you could use Google like that--purty cool !
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:
Ugly

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

I don't like your choice of guards in the draft as I don't think either are good fits for the system.

How many Alabama or Nebraska OL are currently blocking in a zone blocking scheme in the NFL?

The zbs OL are the the leaner, more athletic OL who fit well into our scheme. Part of the problem with all ZBS OL is that they are mostly around 300 LBs and get overpowered by interior DL. That's why we need to move the pocket more, that's what our OL do best.

Just look at the Texans, Schaubb was getting killed earlier in the year when they tried to just have him sit in the pocket.

Who would you bench any of our starters for?

And don't even mention Compton, LeRibeus and Gettis. They have hardly shown anything in the preseason, if they were ready and better, they'd be starting.

Everyone knows they won't start until we're eliminated from the offseason, if then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: