Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign WR/KR Brad Smith; 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48351
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:
^It's not so much what Damaris has done, it's what he hasn't done. He's completely ineffective returning the football and he's easily upgraded.


Weren't people saying the same thing about Vinny Curry? You need opportunity in order to produce.

Now if you're strictly talking the return game, I can understand. If we're talking an upgrade at WR, I think you're being naive.

I've never heard anyone criticize Vinny Curry.
People have criticized the coaches for not playing him, but never Curry himself.

Damaris did have plenty of chances. He sucks at KR.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48351
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he doesn't get any playing time on offense because he's way too small to block. I mean, it's a dead giveaway that you're passing the ball if Damaris is in the game.

He's got ridiculously quick feet though, not a lot of top end speed. He could be an alright return specialist but he's just so small and weak that every return ends up in a "JACKED UP" style hit.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21128
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:
^It's not so much what Damaris has done, it's what he hasn't done. He's completely ineffective returning the football and he's easily upgraded.


Weren't people saying the same thing about Vinny Curry? You need opportunity in order to produce.

Now if you're strictly talking the return game, I can understand. If we're talking an upgrade at WR, I think you're being naive.

I've never heard anyone criticize Vinny Curry.
People have criticized the coaches for not playing him, but never Curry himself.

Damaris did have plenty of chances. He sucks at KR.


Damaris was channelling his inner Reno Mahe.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Poloc2289


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 3925
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

I've never heard anyone criticize Vinny Curry.
People have criticized the coaches for not playing him, but never Curry himself.

Damaris did have plenty of chances. He sucks at KR.


Before the season many people had Curry being traded or released because he wasn't getting the playing time. Many people were calling him a "pass-rush" specialist

And I agree Phire, he does suck at KR. I was never arguing that.

I just didn't understand some people saying this spelled the end of Damaris and that he was bad. Maybe in the context of KR, yes. As a WR I would take him over Brad Smith. It's just a shame he hasn't really fit into a role in the offense

Do you guys think of DeSean ever went down, Damaris would be the one to fill his place?
_________________


PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48351
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I've never heard anyone criticize Vinny Curry.
People have criticized the coaches for not playing him, but never Curry himself.

Damaris did have plenty of chances. He sucks at KR.

Before the season many people had Curry being traded or released because he wasn't getting the playing time. Many people were calling him a "pass-rush" specialist

And I agree Phire, he does suck at KR. I was never arguing that.

I just didn't understand some people saying this spelled the end of Damaris and that he was bad. Maybe in the context of KR, yes. As a WR I would take him over Brad Smith. It's just a shame he hasn't really fit into a role in the offense

Do you guys think of DeSean ever went down, Damaris would be the one to fill his place?

I think most of those opinions came during a time when we thought we'd be in a full-blown 3-4 and we didn't know whether Curry would have any role here. But even last year there was a growing fervor when he'd produce in his limited snaps. I don't think anyone ever said he flat out can't play.

I agree that Damaris could have had a role in this offense. I've said a few times this season that I'm surprised at the lack of offensive snaps... they really should have him splitting reps with Avant in the slot and have him working the middle of the field.

But alas, I think Chip's used the slot a LOT as a blocker, at least, that seems to be what Avant is doing. If that's the case there's no point putting Damaris out there.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest Eagle in practice today:

_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48351
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What number is that?
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21128
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
What number is that?


#16
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
What number is that?
#16
Yeah the legacy of Chad Hall was short lived. WTH? Crying or Very sad
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5571
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
What number is that?
#16
Yeah the legacy of Chad Hall was short lived. WTH? Crying or Very sad

He found a new place in history by dropping that pass in the Super Bowl Laughing
_________________


disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damaris deserves offensive snaps in the slot. I believe that he is getting benched unfairly much like Curry at the beginning of the season. Curry was benched because of his perceived ineffectiveness in a 34 run defense and Damaris is being benched probably because of perceived ineffectiveness blocking. But he can catch passes and create with the ball in his hands. He has had plenty of chances to DEMAND more offensive snaps by doing well in the return game...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willy_law


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 9300
Location: Villanova University
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we ever had an effective kick returner? Who was our last one Brian Mitchell?
_________________
TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 9759
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Have we ever had an effective kick returner? Who was our last one Brian Mitchell?



Yep. I think he has the last kick return TD for us back in like 01 or something.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
willy_law wrote:
Have we ever had an effective kick returner? Who was our last one Brian Mitchell?
Yep. I think he has the last kick return TD for us back in like 01 or something.
Quintin Demps returned one in the preseason a few years ago. Laughing


_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48351
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Have we ever had an effective kick returner? Who was our last one Brian Mitchell?

KR should be easy to find... it makes no sense. It's the one position you really just need a good athlete who isn't going to fumble.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group