Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign WR/KR Brad Smith; 2-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
eagles26 wrote:
As a casual Jets fan I fondly remember his KR abilities back then. Hopefully he's still got it.

He took one to the house last year and averaged 27 yards a return.

I'd be very happy with that.

Why didn't he sign with anyone until today?

He was on IR.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
eagles26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
eagles26 wrote:
As a casual Jets fan I fondly remember his KR abilities back then. Hopefully he's still got it.

He took one to the house last year and averaged 27 yards a return.

I'd be very happy with that.

What I was trying to get at:

Phire wrote:
He was on IR.

Regardless a gimpy Smith is probably better than Damaris.

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daimonas wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Daimonas wrote:
Could he be a possible redzone threat? Aside from Cooper we don't really have any big bodies,
James Casey is 6-3 240, Celek is 6-4 255, Ertz is 6-5 250. We just don't use them in the red zone.

However, Foles has been money inside of the 20 this season.

I totally forgot we actually had tight ends, they are criminally underused.

For offensive purposes, I guess so. But I think one of the reasons that the offensive line has been doing better (especially last game) is because the TE's are much more involved in blocking. Celek may not be great at receiving, but I think he's a darn good blocker. Once Peters was out last game, I expected some rough times, but I think the blocking by the TE's is helping out the line.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
Daimonas wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Daimonas wrote:
Could he be a possible redzone threat? Aside from Cooper we don't really have any big bodies,
James Casey is 6-3 240, Celek is 6-4 255, Ertz is 6-5 250. We just don't use them in the red zone.

However, Foles has been money inside of the 20 this season.

I totally forgot we actually had tight ends, they are criminally underused.

For offensive purposes, I guess so. But I think one of the reasons that the offensive line has been doing better (especially last game) is because the TE's are much more involved in blocking. Celek may not be great at receiving, but I think he's a darn good blocker. Once Peters was out last game, I expected some rough times, but I think the blocking by the TE's is helping out the line.

Celek, Casey, and Ertz all have had some bad dropped passes. Pretty sure all three of them have dropped touchdowns, but I could be wrong (not sure if Ertz has one).

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Daimonas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Celek was more consistent he could be up there with some of the better tight ends, he's made some great catches in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles26 wrote:

Don't know if he still has it, but he was awesome in so many different roles. He ran a lot of successful trick plays on offense and could run, throw, and catch (in that order). He's listed as a WR, but he is a much better runner than receiver. He can be very useful in end-arounds and Wildcat-like plays. He's like the only guy that the Wildcat has actually worked with since it faded out.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has Damaris done to deserve all of this sudden hate?

We don't know the reason why he hasn't seen the field. Could he be a poor practicer? It didn't seem that way in training camp when they said he looked great.

Honestly I don't know why he hasn't seen the field and neither does anyone on these boards. But to say he sucks is ignorant. He was an undrafted FA who played valuable snaps last year.

I know PFF is flawed but they had Damaris, in his minimal snaps last year, graded as the best WR on the Eagles.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
Phire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^It's not so much what Damaris has done, it's what he hasn't done. He's completely ineffective returning the football and he's easily upgraded.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
^It's not so much what Damaris has done, it's what he hasn't done. He's completely ineffective returning the football and he's easily upgraded.

Weren't people saying the same thing about Vinny Curry? You need opportunity in order to produce.

Now if you're strictly talking the return game, I can understand. If we're talking an upgrade at WR, I think you're being naive.

PowerElite wrote:
Please stop responding to my posts. You are a consistently terrible poster and aren't worth my time to thoroughly refute your drivel.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Weren't people saying the same thing about Vinny Curry? You need opportunity in order to produce.

Now if you're strictly talking the return game, I can understand. If we're talking an upgrade at WR, I think you're being naive.

He's talking about returner.
Also part of the problem have been execution on blocking.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Poloc2289 wrote:
Phire wrote:

He's talking about returner.
Also part of the problem have been execution on blocking.

I don't think the problem is execution, at that size it's pretty hard to block anyone. It's a shame because he's a great route runner, but when he's on the field the play calling would be limited to passes or runs away from his side.

But Phire is totally correct, he hasn't done anything as a returner. I'm so sick of watching him go down at first contact, defenders can slap him and he'll go down. I can't wait to see a real KR back there for once.

Last edited by rememberthevet on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
What has Damaris done to deserve all of this sudden hate?

We don't know the reason why he hasn't seen the field. Could he be a poor practicer? It didn't seem that way in training camp when they said he looked great.

Honestly I don't know why he hasn't seen the field and neither does anyone on these boards. But to say he sucks is ignorant. He was an undrafted FA who played valuable snaps last year.

I know PFF is flawed but they had Damaris, in his minimal snaps last year, graded as the best WR on the Eagles.

Well no one has said anything about him as a wide out. He hasn't gotten any snaps so there's nothing to judge there.

As a returner he hasn't been great so we brought someone in who could be.

I wouldn't mind seeing Damaris take some of Avant's snaps, but keep in mind Avant does the dirty work like set picks and run block better. I would hate to have DeSean and Damaris both on the field trying to block.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonus: we now have two emergency QBs, so when Vick gets healthy we can "undress" Barkley for another D-lineman or DB, even if one of our emergency QBs is banged up (which could easily happen b/c they both play special teams).

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Bonus: we now have two emergency QBs, so when Vick gets healthy we can "undress" Barkley for another D-lineman or DB, even if one of our emergency QBs is banged up (which could easily happen b/c they both play special teams).

We only dressed 2 QB's for every game

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:

We only dressed 2 QB's for every game

Didn't we dress all three for the Tampa game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: