Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall: Lions are little brothers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SuhPLEX


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 997
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Going against the grain here, I think Fairley did play bush league ball and I was disappointed in him. I do think that his tackle at the end was a saving grace for some people in their eyes but he made some questionable decisions out there.

However, it does sound like Long is just bitter and I don't think he was innocent in some of the things that go down in the trenches.

I do think that Marshall's comments were unecessary and childish. Sore loser taking cheap shots. I'm glad the Lions are responding the way they are. They aren't taking the bait.

Farley had the one where he took him to the ground, but was grabbing him when he still had the ball. It was excessive, but I don't think it was anything extreme.


I don't think it was extreme either but it was questionable and a little bush league. I can understand Long's frustrations.

Fairley just has to play smarter. I like him being this aggressive but he could make better decisions.

I don't consider something as merely questionable to be "bush league," something along the lines of Woodson's kick to the groin is "bush league" to me.

He does need to play smarter though, but he didn't get called for a penalty so it's okay in my book... IMO what Long did should have drew a flag for taunting
_________________


IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TimeForChange


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 1537
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
I don't consider something as merely questionable to be "bush league," something along the lines of Woodson's kick to the groin is "bush league" to me.

He does need to play smarter though, but he didn't get called for a penalty so it's okay in my book... IMO what Long did should have drew a flag for taunting


Fair enough.

But I agree. Play smarter and Long innocent for all his complaining.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nagahide13


Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 10988
Location: Stumptown
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall is questionable in general, and Long's NFL career is 9 games deep. I'm not really worried about what either of them has to say.

Cutler is a different issue. He's a tough guy that takes too much heat. I have a lot of respect for him. Honestly, I don't even know why he's being brought up... he didn't say anything negative about us.
_________________
LION KING wrote:
I actually feel nothing anymore !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 24462
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Marshall is questionable in general, and Long's NFL career is 9 games deep. I'm not really worried about what either of them has to say.

Cutler is a different issue. He's a tough guy that takes too much heat. I have a lot of respect for him. Honestly, I don't even know why he's being brought up... he didn't say anything negative about us.


I have a great deal of respect for Cutler as well. As you mentioned he's a tough customer who gas withstood a great number of very hard hits in his career.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18163
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
Marshall is questionable in general, and Long's NFL career is 9 games deep. I'm not really worried about what either of them has to say.

Cutler is a different issue. He's a tough guy that takes too much heat. I have a lot of respect for him. Honestly, I don't even know why he's being brought up... he didn't say anything negative about us.


I have a great deal of respect for Cutler as well. As you mentioned he's a tough customer who gas withstood a great number of very hard hits in his career.


Not only does he do all of that... but he's also a late onset Type 1 Diabetic. Most people don't realize how big of a toll diabetes can take on the body of a normal people let alone someone who plays a professional sport.
_________________


Team Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group