Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall: Lions are little brothers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeForChange wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:
Going against the grain here, I think Fairley did play bush league ball and I was disappointed in him. I do think that his tackle at the end was a saving grace for some people in their eyes but he made some questionable decisions out there.

However, it does sound like Long is just bitter and I don't think he was innocent in some of the things that go down in the trenches.

I do think that Marshall's comments were unecessary and childish. Sore loser taking cheap shots. I'm glad the Lions are responding the way they are. They aren't taking the bait.

Farley had the one where he took him to the ground, but was grabbing him when he still had the ball. It was excessive, but I don't think it was anything extreme.

I don't think it was extreme either but it was questionable and a little bush league. I can understand Long's frustrations.

Fairley just has to play smarter. I like him being this aggressive but he could make better decisions.

I don't consider something as merely questionable to be "bush league," something along the lines of Woodson's kick to the groin is "bush league" to me.

He does need to play smarter though, but he didn't get called for a penalty so it's okay in my book... IMO what Long did should have drew a flag for taunting

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
I don't consider something as merely questionable to be "bush league," something along the lines of Woodson's kick to the groin is "bush league" to me.

He does need to play smarter though, but he didn't get called for a penalty so it's okay in my book... IMO what Long did should have drew a flag for taunting

Fair enough.

But I agree. Play smarter and Long innocent for all his complaining.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall is questionable in general, and Long's NFL career is 9 games deep. I'm not really worried about what either of them has to say.

Cutler is a different issue. He's a tough guy that takes too much heat. I have a lot of respect for him. Honestly, I don't even know why he's being brought up... he didn't say anything negative about us.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Marshall is questionable in general, and Long's NFL career is 9 games deep. I'm not really worried about what either of them has to say.

Cutler is a different issue. He's a tough guy that takes too much heat. I have a lot of respect for him. Honestly, I don't even know why he's being brought up... he didn't say anything negative about us.

I have a great deal of respect for Cutler as well. As you mentioned he's a tough customer who gas withstood a great number of very hard hits in his career.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

I have a great deal of respect for Cutler as well. As you mentioned he's a tough customer who gas withstood a great number of very hard hits in his career.

Not only does he do all of that... but he's also a late onset Type 1 Diabetic. Most people don't realize how big of a toll diabetes can take on the body of a normal people let alone someone who plays a professional sport.

Team Stylish313

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: