Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Marshall: Lions are little brothers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USNinc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Brandon Marshall: Lions are little brothers Reply with quote

Makes me laugh. Sour grapes...

Quote:
Brandon Marshall admitted Detroit "got the best of us" by completing a two-game sweep of the Bears on Sunday, but the receiver also called the Lions "borderline illegal," in addition to calling the franchise Chicago's "little brother."

Also takes shots at the city. I heard a good one about how can Detroit be bankrupt when it owns the Chicago Bears.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/9962926/brandon-marshall-chicago-bears-calls-detroit-lions-play-borderline-illegal
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. Many of their fans are just as ignorant. Currently they are nursing a thread on how the Lions are dirty and dirty players are not good people or something of that nature.

Oblivious to reality clearly. Maybe it has something to do with all that wind in Chicago, I don't know. But it is pretty hard to keep one's head that far in the clouds.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only issue was attacking the city. Followed by people thinking that was funny.

Oh well

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a tool. Isnt he Calvins little brother. Little brother smacked your in the mouth not once but twice haha..that make them our sisters
Arbitrage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smack talk is fine, but the attack on the city is stupid. Everyone knows about the plight of Detroit proper; its economic decline and inferior size compared to Chicago have no bearing on the performance of the team.
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong on all of these points, so please feel free to correct me.

1. Marshall is 3-3 against Detroit as a member of the Chicago Bears. He doesn't strike me as the type of person capable of doing simple math, so he probably doesn't understand that since he has been in Chicago, Detroit has enjoyed as much success against them as they against us.

2. The Lions have been to the playoffs 1 times since Marshall has been in Chicago, are likely going again this year. The Bears: 0 playoff appearances.

3. Marshall is firmly cemented as the second best receiver in the division. He is light years behind Calvin Johnson.

4. Brandon Marshall has never played postseason football.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CutParisLenon wrote:

1. Marshall is 3-3 against Detroit as a member of the Chicago Bears. He doesn't strike me as the type of person capable of doing simple math, so he probably doesn't understand that since he has been in Chicago, Detroit has enjoyed as much success against them as they against us.

2. The Lions have been to the playoffs 1 times since Marshall has been in Chicago, are likely going again this year. The Bears: 0 playoff appearances.

3. Marshall is firmly cemented as the second best receiver in the division. He is light years behind Calvin Johnson.

Marshall is 2-4 against the Lions career wise.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:

Yup. Each team has won at home in '11 and '12 and they got swept this year.
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:

This is incorrect.

We split 2011.
We were swept last year.
We swept them this year.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CutParisLenon wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:

This is incorrect.

We split 2011.
We were swept last year.
We swept them this year.

Marshall was on Miami in 2011. Laughing

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
CutParisLenon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
CutParisLenon wrote:

This is incorrect.

We split 2011.
We were swept last year.
We swept them this year.

Marshall was on Miami in 2011. Laughing

Haha. Thanks. Well, even better for my initial point.
Arbitrage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-2 as a member of the Bears, 2-4 for his career (lost w/Denver in 2007, Miami in 2010). He also injured his knee against the Lions in a preseason game before his first season.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears coaching staff when asked about Marshall's rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a changing of the guard and Marshall like many Bears fans simply can't deal with the truth.

They show a total lack of respect for an up and coming team that bested them twice this season.

Late hits? Perhaps but it's not always possible to hold off when in motion. Beside the fact the officials are on the field and everyone knows that given any opportunity the official will flag Suh.

Dirty play?

Last season the Lions committed one more personal foul than the Bears. When you review lat seasons penalty calls the Bears lead the league in most categories involving late or over aggressive hits while the Lions lead the league in false starts and encroachment penalties. The two sides were tied in face mask calls while the Lions lead the league in low blocking violations including chop blocks.

Since Suh was suspended he's been flagged for two personal fouls. Last year he had one personal foul which means 145 players received more than him.

The fact of the matter is the Lions have significantly reduced personal fouls since 2010 but it's just easier for opposing fans to ignore the truth.

In the case of certain Chicago fans it's also a clear cut case of selective memory.

Julius Peppers is one of the nastiest players in the league and has a long history of late hits on QB's. Everyone seems to forget he was fined for a late hit on Stafford which occurred earlier in the game when Peppers put Stafford out. He was also fined 10k for a late hit on Rodgers and in another instance escaped a fine on one of the most blatant cases of leading with the helmet I have ever seen that resulted in a nasty helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers.

I don't view Suh or Peppers as dirty players. They play on the edge and occasionally cross the line but that goes with the territory of aggressive defensive players. My point is simply you can't isolate a single player ignoring all the others who play the game the same way.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: