Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft class
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: 2013 Draft class Reply with quote

The Miami Dolphins 2013 draft class has played the fewest total snaps of any draft class in the entire NFL so far

Dion Jordan. 111 total snaps 3rd fewest of all 32 first round picks only ahead of Sylvester Williams and Cordarrelle Patterson, who is having a impact on kick off returns and has 3 touchdowns.

Jamar Taylor. 22 total snaps and currently is 5th on the depth chart. RJ Sanford was put in on game action ahead of Taylor late in the Bengals game.

Dallas Thomas. Despite a team with one of the worst 0-line in the league a RT who went AWOL and LG who is suspended Thomas has been inactive all 8 games this season.

Will Davis. has been inactive 7 of Miami 8 games

Dion Sims. Despite the touchdown against Atlanta has struggled to make his mark and his strength blocking is something he is struggling with

Jelani Jenkins. Has managed to see some meaningful snaps coming in on a few passing downs has good potential to cover RB'S and TE's

Mike Gillese. Crickets.. Another 5th rounder Zack Stacy is providing solid pass protection and power running in St Louis . Just missed on him maybe.

Caleb Sturgis. Mixed results me personally I still like him.

Don jones. Solid special teams performer.

Hindsight is not 20/20 as forum pre draft favorite OG/C Brian Schwenke was drafted after Thomas, Davis and one pick behind Sims has started the last 6 games and has a positive grade so far.

Jordan Reed. Was thought to have Aaron Hernandez type ability on the field is after 8 games playing like Aaron Hernandez. He to was drafted after Dallas Thomas.

The fact that this class has played so few snaps fewest in the league a concern or do we chalk it up to relax its only 8 games into the season we knew most of our picks were not going to make much of a impact early anyways and they are getting that good old player development ??

For me I like the class still but as I did on draft weekend I am still trying to figure out the Thomas and Davis pick
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still pissed we didn't draft Earl Thomas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During Irelands tenure I believe he has drafted a total of 2 players I had on my draft board when it came time to pick.

Other than that I have disagreed with every pick made.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Still think it's one of the best draft class we've had in a while.

Only disappointments for me so far are Taylor and Thomas.

Jordan has been brought up slowly, a la Aldon Smith, which I don't mind. I knew Davis would be a little bit of a project pick, so seeing him inactive doesn't bother me as much as seeing Taylor do nothing. Also didn't expect to see Thomas starting this year, but kinda sucks he hasn't stepped up yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny Bump .... dude brought in off the practice squad saves season less than a week later. Sky still falling ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Funny Bump .... dude brought in off the practice squad saves season less than a week later. Sky still falling ?
Who said the sky was fallen? read the post it was put in question form clearly saying does it really matter that they have or have not produced. epic fail
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Who said the sky was fallen? read the post it was put in question form clearly saying does it really matter that they have or have not produced. epic fail

Epic Fail ... LOL .... you keep judging draft classes in November and i'll keep Epic failing by saying it's dumb to do that.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Epic Fail ... LOL .... you keep judging draft classes in November and i'll keep Epic failing by saying it's dumb to do that.
Who judged a class in November? who? what I stated was facts regarding article I read regarding total amount of snaps and contributions from the rookie class compared to the rest of the league and asked does that really matter at this point yes or no we are only 8 games in. I followed it with I liked the draft back then and still did. did you miss that part?? I am glad to see you admitted his drafts have not been all that well so far. lets not pretend like they still have done a whole lot since then but no where did I say this class can be considered a failure
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assessment is an on-going constant. Every player on every roster is judged and assessed after every single snap and every single practice. Players are judged coming out of college. They are then re-evaluated during the combine. Then re-evaluated during camp. Then re-evaluated after each preseason game, and then re-evaluated after each practice and then re-evaluated during and after each game. Evaluations are points in time and should be seen as such.

At this point in time, the Dolphins draft class from 2013 has contributed minimally to the teams success. That's not a "fail", its a point in time fact. Will they contribute later? I sure as hell hope so, and would expect growth from many of the players in that pivotal second year, but anyone who says you have to wait 4 years to evaluate is being foolish. Every team is constantly judging its own roster, and its entirely to be expected that the Dolphin fans would and should be doing the same thing. If not for evaluation of talent this site would have little value and being a fan would be rather boring.
Assumed_name

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. It isn't consistent to post after draft day with a like/dislike list and then dis people who make evaluations in December. Not saying all posters here did that, but it's a common event. No need here to re-tell the Farve 1st year story, but, apparently his coaches 'evaluated' his play and saw he was lacking in something.
For example, I think almost everyone evaluates Jordan positively with expectations of improvement. Almost everyone evaluates Dallas Thomas as a bust (so far), not even DRESSING until late in season and, even then, due to injury. Does that mean he's awful? No, but, to date, the evaluation is what it is.
To be fair, a lapse of 3-4 years is necessary to adequately judge those who need time to develop. But, at the same time, who needed 4 years to judge Pat White or Jake Long? And, personal opinion, an end-of-rookie-year evaluation should be fair game on 1st/2nd round picks and ANY rookie a team moved up to get.
Evaluating ANYthing related to human beings is a messy business. As long as everyone understands evaluations should include the unwritten "so far," I see nothing wrong with it. Unfortunately, there are times when evaluations are forced on us, we make, them, and live with the consequences. In Ireland's case, 6? years of having to wait for an honest evaluation because NONE of his play-maker picks were anything but yaaaawwnn. We've had plenty of time to evaluate Jeffy.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Loving the preteen attitude....

Again....with major injuries in areas that were drafted and the players still can't see the field...come on man...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Again....with major injuries in areas that were drafted and the players still can't see the field...come on man...

You are talking about 1 player. And who vacuumed out your sense of humor ?

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

You are talking about 1 player. And who vacuumed out your sense of humor ?

Really....both CB's, Dallas Thomas, Wakes Injury.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

I was saying your attempt to say I was claiming the class is a bust was a epic fail on your part not the class. Read the post again I said I liked the draft then and still did at the time of the post. I find it funny that in another thread I broke down other teams drafts compared to ours to which you responded by saying you never said he drafts well. If that's the case then it seems as if you just like to pick fights to pick fights.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: