Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Honest question...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4003
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Like I said Mike Smith is a nice guy. But he isn't an X and O kind of coach. This isn't college where talent can get you by. NFL is all about elite coaching. And the elite coaches often win. Mike Smith is NOT one of the Elite. I wish he was but unfortunately this team isn't going to be a true winner with him at the helm.

If anyone seriously believes that we will be 13-3 next year and will magically win in the playoffs because Kroy, Spoon and Julio will be healthy you are wrong. This team has depth issues but the coaching is subpar. It is subpar in all three phases. Special teams is terrible (Besides Bosher and Bryant); Defense is so bad it's comical and Offense is predictable and one dimensional.

TD is def largely at fault for his continued draft blunders but I think he deserves one more 1-2 more years. (It's going to take a couple more years to fill the internal problems this team has.) Mike Smith probably will get another year to turn it around, but I just don't have faith in the guy. No one here can say why Mike Smith is a valued NFL coach other than well "He was the only coach to give the Falcons back to back winning seasons". That's great and all but at some point you have to go beyond the elementary success and get some big boy success. Mike Smith has proven that is not his forte. I hope AB realizes this before we have to sit through another 2-3 years of disappointment.



You seriously think Mike Smith isn't a winner? The guy isn't a perfect head coach by any means, but that is flat out WRONG. Have you never watched this team before. The guy led the NFL in wins since 2008 before this season, and despite this season, I believe he has only dropped to third (behind Belichick and John Harbaugh).

I'm not even sure why I bothered typing that, since you seem to like to ignore facts, but I just wanted to put that out there.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4367
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Like I said Mike Smith is a nice guy. But he isn't an X and O kind of coach. This isn't college where talent can get you by. NFL is all about elite coaching. And the elite coaches often win. Mike Smith is NOT one of the Elite. I wish he was but unfortunately this team isn't going to be a true winner with him at the helm.

If anyone seriously believes that we will be 13-3 next year and will magically win in the playoffs because Kroy, Spoon and Julio will be healthy you are wrong. This team has depth issues but the coaching is subpar. It is subpar in all three phases. Special teams is terrible (Besides Bosher and Bryant); Defense is so bad it's comical and Offense is predictable and one dimensional.

TD is def largely at fault for his continued draft blunders but I think he deserves one more 1-2 more years. (It's going to take a couple more years to fill the internal problems this team has.) Mike Smith probably will get another year to turn it around, but I just don't have faith in the guy. No one here can say why Mike Smith is a valued NFL coach other than well "He was the only coach to give the Falcons back to back winning seasons". That's great and all but at some point you have to go beyond the elementary success and get some big boy success. Mike Smith has proven that is not his forte. I hope AB realizes this before we have to sit through another 2-3 years of disappointment.



You seriously think Mike Smith isn't a winner? The guy isn't a perfect head coach by any means, but that is flat out WRONG. Have you never watched this team before. The guy led the NFL in wins since 2008 before this season, and despite this season, I believe he has only dropped to third (behind Belichick and John Harbaugh).

I'm not even sure why I bothered typing that, since you seem to like to ignore facts, but I just wanted to put that out there.


Cmon man look at the talent he has had? Matt Ryan Julio, Roddy, Tony, Mike Turner and a solid Oline before this year? A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs. What does Mike Smith do well? Why is he valuable to this team? No one can answer those two questions.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4003
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Like I said Mike Smith is a nice guy. But he isn't an X and O kind of coach. This isn't college where talent can get you by. NFL is all about elite coaching. And the elite coaches often win. Mike Smith is NOT one of the Elite. I wish he was but unfortunately this team isn't going to be a true winner with him at the helm.

If anyone seriously believes that we will be 13-3 next year and will magically win in the playoffs because Kroy, Spoon and Julio will be healthy you are wrong. This team has depth issues but the coaching is subpar. It is subpar in all three phases. Special teams is terrible (Besides Bosher and Bryant); Defense is so bad it's comical and Offense is predictable and one dimensional.

TD is def largely at fault for his continued draft blunders but I think he deserves one more 1-2 more years. (It's going to take a couple more years to fill the internal problems this team has.) Mike Smith probably will get another year to turn it around, but I just don't have faith in the guy. No one here can say why Mike Smith is a valued NFL coach other than well "He was the only coach to give the Falcons back to back winning seasons". That's great and all but at some point you have to go beyond the elementary success and get some big boy success. Mike Smith has proven that is not his forte. I hope AB realizes this before we have to sit through another 2-3 years of disappointment.



You seriously think Mike Smith isn't a winner? The guy isn't a perfect head coach by any means, but that is flat out WRONG. Have you never watched this team before. The guy led the NFL in wins since 2008 before this season, and despite this season, I believe he has only dropped to third (behind Belichick and John Harbaugh).

I'm not even sure why I bothered typing that, since you seem to like to ignore facts, but I just wanted to put that out there.


Cmon man look at the talent he has had? Matt Ryan Julio, Roddy, Tony, Mike Turner and a solid Oline before this year? A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs. What does Mike Smith do well? Why is he valuable to this team? No one can answer those two questions.


Like I said, I'm not even sure why I bothered typing that. 10 yards away isn't anything to sneeze at; it's better than all but six current head coaches in the NFL.

You can't say Smith isn't a winner when he does so more than 90% or so of current NFL coaches.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4367
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Like I said Mike Smith is a nice guy. But he isn't an X and O kind of coach. This isn't college where talent can get you by. NFL is all about elite coaching. And the elite coaches often win. Mike Smith is NOT one of the Elite. I wish he was but unfortunately this team isn't going to be a true winner with him at the helm.

If anyone seriously believes that we will be 13-3 next year and will magically win in the playoffs because Kroy, Spoon and Julio will be healthy you are wrong. This team has depth issues but the coaching is subpar. It is subpar in all three phases. Special teams is terrible (Besides Bosher and Bryant); Defense is so bad it's comical and Offense is predictable and one dimensional.

TD is def largely at fault for his continued draft blunders but I think he deserves one more 1-2 more years. (It's going to take a couple more years to fill the internal problems this team has.) Mike Smith probably will get another year to turn it around, but I just don't have faith in the guy. No one here can say why Mike Smith is a valued NFL coach other than well "He was the only coach to give the Falcons back to back winning seasons". That's great and all but at some point you have to go beyond the elementary success and get some big boy success. Mike Smith has proven that is not his forte. I hope AB realizes this before we have to sit through another 2-3 years of disappointment.



You seriously think Mike Smith isn't a winner? The guy isn't a perfect head coach by any means, but that is flat out WRONG. Have you never watched this team before. The guy led the NFL in wins since 2008 before this season, and despite this season, I believe he has only dropped to third (behind Belichick and John Harbaugh).

I'm not even sure why I bothered typing that, since you seem to like to ignore facts, but I just wanted to put that out there.


Cmon man look at the talent he has had? Matt Ryan Julio, Roddy, Tony, Mike Turner and a solid Oline before this year? A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs. What does Mike Smith do well? Why is he valuable to this team? No one can answer those two questions.


Like I said, I'm not even sure why I bothered typing that. 10 yards away isn't anything to sneeze at; it's better than all but six current head coaches in the NFL.

You can't say Smith isn't a winner when he does so more than 90% or so of current NFL coaches.



Smith is 1-4 in the playoffs. That means he isn't winning much. Therefore he isn't a winner.

"10 yards away" That is the theme around here. It always some short coming motto. Do you hear the Patriots say "We almost beat Eli Manning twice" NO. Do you hear the 49ers say "we were 5 yards away from winning it all". NO. Only in Atlanta is such a motto like "10 yards away" a positive thing. If you don't win it all you didn't do anything. But I guess hanging around as a middle of the pack competitive team is more gratifying to you and other folks than being a dominant champion caliber team. That's your prerogative But I definitely demand better and any fan who likes true competition should as well.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4003
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In five out of the six years he has coached here, Mike Smith has put us in the position to win. If he misses the playoffs this year (let's not kid ourselves, he will), that makes two years out of six that he has missed the playoffs. No other coach besides Belichick and Harbaugh can sat that.

There is no reason to fire Mike Smith. Period. It will set back this franchise years if we do so. The players love the guy and we've seen them thrive under him before; there's no reason they can't do it again, and every single one of you guys know that.

The lack of playoff wins is disappointing, but given the fact that only two other coaches have even put their teams in position to make the playoffs as frequently as the Falcons to is telling.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4367
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5909
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.


Manages players well. What does john harbaugh do well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4367
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.


Manages players well. What does john harbaugh do well?


So he is a players manager? That sounds very familar...hmmmmmmm oh I know! Bobby Cox! The poster-child of "just doing enough to be relevant". He did win one though. Maybe if the stars align right Mike Smith will too.

As to your question about John Harbaugh, he is a great talent evaluator. And he molds and gets the best out of his young players. He also isn't afraid to put young guys in positions to let them grow. He doesn't wait until injury to let the youth see time. He also is a true Defensive minded coach who assists in defefensive playcalling. Usually has a top defense in the league and his special teams is usually very good as well. Not to mention you have to be a pretty good X and O coach for Bill Belichick to reccomend you for a job.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.
Nicely worded "opinion."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4367
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.
Nicely worded "opinion."


Hey man, being a wordsmith gets u far in life. Cool
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4627
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.


Manages players well. What does john harbaugh do well?
He wins in the Playoffs......
And what good is it if you manage players well, but manage the games like crap?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5909
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.


Manages players well. What does john harbaugh do well?


So he is a players manager? That sounds very familar...hmmmmmmm oh I know! Bobby Cox! The poster-child of "just doing enough to be relevant". He did win one though. Maybe if the stars align right Mike Smith will too.

As to your question about John Harbaugh, he is a great talent evaluator. And he molds and gets the best out of his young players. He also isn't afraid to put young guys in positions to let them grow. He doesn't wait until injury to let the youth see time. He also is a true Defensive minded coach who assists in defefensive playcalling. Usually has a top defense in the league and his special teams is usually very good as well. Not to mention you have to be a pretty good X and O coach for Bill Belichick to reccomend you for a job.


Ozzie smith was there long before harbaugh, he does the talent evaluation. The Ravens D had been great long before Harbaugh got there as well, if anything theres been a dropoff in play. Dont really know what your getting at with the youth thing, but if a player is good enough to play, he plays.

So, as I expected. a bunch of garbage thats backed up by little fact and really no logic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 9746
Location: europe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statment was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.
Nicely worded "opinion."


Hey man, being a wordsmith gets u far in life. Cool
I prefer Monopoly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4367
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
A much better coach would have made us Super Bowl champs.
Based on what? Not that I take anything you say seriously, but I'd actually enjoy watching you try and back up a claim like this that factually cannot be proven.


You are in college. Do you know what an opinion is? That statement was subjective. It can't be proven because Mike Smith was and is the coach of the Falcons during the period that is being discussed. However, that does not mean that a different coach would not have done better. You don't know if that could be true and neither do I . But I believe it could be true. Mike Smith is not a play caller nor is he and X or O coach. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and our Defense has been terrible every year. Again....What does he do well????? No one on this board can answer that.
Nicely worded "opinion."


Hey man, being a wordsmith gets u far in life. Cool
I prefer Monopoly.


Scrabble will get you in Mensa tho Very Happy
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group