Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Honest question...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1711
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Honest question... Reply with quote

Before anyone reads this... If you use the injury excuse I will not even bother replying to you...

Rewind back to last year, the Giants at home. We completely DOMINATED them for a whole 60 minutes. I was actually very impressed with how we played that game. It was a revenge game from the 24-2 a**whooping we received the year before. But my thing is, why does it take that embarrassing performance to get motivated to actually punch the other team in the mouth?

I feel like for a while now we have just been down right unmotivated/soft and expect to get handed a win on a silver platter. YOU GOTTA EARN IT and we should've known judging by how we were barely beating opponents by FGs and pure luck (Asante pick-6 vs Oakland comes to mind) that this year was gonna be harder. We beat up on lowly teams, and choke against elite teams. Last year's playoff "win" didn't really mean much cuz we almost choked it away! We blew a 17-POINT lead against SF!! This is much deeper than this year folks, go back to getting BLOWN OUT by Green Bay AT HOME.

Mike Smith simply is getting OUT COACHED, he is way too conservative and plays not to lose. Thomas Dimitrioff built this team from the outside in, loading up on skill position players while ignoring the two most important (other than QB) things good football teams have... a quality pass rush, and a good offensive line. For years now we have ignored the pass rush, grabbing project DEs in the late rounds. We have more invested on the OL, but TD can't scout line talent for squat... busted on Baker, Busted on Jerry, jury is still out on Holmes/Konz, but Konz has looked WEAK this year!

There are simply no more excuses. 1 playoff "Win" in 5 years folks.. is this what you are accepting as GOOD? We are regular season champs. That's it. But the homers will continue to back Smith, and TD and say "oh we were in the NFC Championship last season why fire them?" and I will sit here and laugh because of how blind they are. We all seem to forget those embarrassing playoff performances just a few short years ago. So many are blinded by the one "win" against Seattle (which we almost choked away) that they still support this clown of a coach and general manager.

I'm done with this rant. Flame away.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 13809
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your question here is? I can't really tell. If it's do we like losing, then no. Is it acceptable? 31 teams lose yearly, so yes, but it's definitely not the goal. Last possible question I see in there is what motivates our team, and to that nobody on here can answer that for you.

What was the "honest question"?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1711
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Honest question... Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
my thing is, why does it take that embarrassing performance to get motivated to actually punch the other team in the mouth?


EDIT: Another thing - do yall think Smith has lost the locker room?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4622
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith deserves another year imo. Chance to redeem himself.(even though he's made questionable decision, after questionable decision, over the last few years) Hell, look what TD gave him to work with.(not much) Id send TD packing though(hell, his 1st rdrs aren't even making that much of an impact).(Jerry, Baker, etc...)Hell even Spoon. Bartu and Worrilow are proving why you don't take a LB not named LT in rd 1) And 2 corners in rd 1 and 2 without addressing the Dline in a SB or bust year was just insane imo.(even though I like the corners) If youre going to ignore the Dline(replacing Abe with Osi was a downgrade imo), you better at least keep Grimes back there).... He also tried to change Matt Ryan into Aaron Rodgers, when he should've been concentrating on the trenches after Ryans rookie year when we went 11-5.(Mike Smith just isnt built for an "explosive"(TD said that word a zillion times) throw the ball all over and down the field type of offense(Matts not that type of qb either). He's too conservative. And that type of offense is too risky for him. Probably why he wont let Matt run the no huddle that much... Hes a run the ball, dink and donk, punt, and play defense, or kick the fg type of coach. That's just who he is..(shouldn't TD know this) Conservative on defense too.(see prevent defense. Don't take any chances. Just keep everything in front of you, and try to hold them to a fg) And that formula was actually working, until TD tried to go all GB on us and ignored the lines(Aaron Rodgers doesn't need a perfect Oline to be successful), and traded MULTIPLE picks for more "weapons" on offense, HOPING that his makeshift O and Dlines could get the job done. Wrong!! Not to mention our depth is lacking because of it... Shouldve just started adding studs with some nastiness to the trenches, back in 2009 and we'd be set right now.. Instead, we're going backwards. Just poor strategy imo. Not NE like at all.
So he drafts a dropback, immobile qb that needs plenty of time in the pocket to be successful, and puts together a junior varsity Oline to protect him...And hires an extremely conservative coach, and then tries to turn us into GB or NOrleans offensively.... That's why we have no identity on offense(or defense for that matter).. If he stays he better nail this years draft. Starting with us getting back to who we are...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of TD's 6 first round picks. 3 of them have been injured this year, 18 total games lost. That's from the best player on offense and the best player on defense... and a key cog to the offensive line who can perform well when healthy. So while people love to try and blame TD, is it on him that three of the best 12 players on the team are hurt?
And by proxy, doesn't that also extend to Smith?
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4622
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Of TD's 6 first round picks. 3 of them have been injured this year, 18 total games lost. That's from the best player on offense and the best player on defense... and a key cog to the offensive line who can perform well when healthy. So while people love to try and blame TD, is it on him that three of the best 12 players on the team are hurt?
And by proxy, doesn't that also extend to Smith?
Key word: When healthy. Which is almost NEVER with those guys. Most of these guys were banged up in college half the time. And lets see: Here's 1 of MANY examples, NE lost Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork. 3 of their best players. Best weapon on offense. 2 best players on defense. Still rolling........... because they have depth(they add picks, they don't trade them away) and know how to coach up their players.... I'll give some more examples if you want me too. Next?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Of TD's 6 first round picks. 3 of them have been injured this year, 18 total games lost. That's from the best player on offense and the best player on defense... and a key cog to the offensive line who can perform well when healthy. So while people love to try and blame TD, is it on him that three of the best 12 players on the team are hurt?
And by proxy, doesn't that also extend to Smith?
Key word: When healthy. Which is almost NEVER with those guys. And lets see for 1 example, NE lost Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork. 3 of their best players. Best weapon on offense. 2 best players on defense. Still rolling........... because they have depth(they add picks, they don't trade them away) and know how to coach up their players.... Next?


never mind. I forgot how warped you are. IF you think that Dimitroff is the issue with this team, I recommend you see the door.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 5779
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another poster that uses no fact or logic behind his posts, and even throws in (basically) "if you try to use facts/logic, i will not reply to you".

Yes this team has problems, they go beyond injuries. However that is by far the biggest cause of our season. But hey, we clearly sucked all along, clearly had nothing to do with our team on why we won all those games.

Smith clearly coaches to win the game, we win by scoring more points. He takes it 1 game at a time and gives 110%, we just have to look at the film, go back to the drawing board and have the next man step up. Simple as that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1711
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Another poster that uses no fact or logic behind his posts, and even throws in (basically) "if you try to use facts/logic, i will not reply to you".

Yes this team has problems, they go beyond injuries. However that is by far the biggest cause of our season. But hey, we clearly sucked all along, clearly had nothing to do with our team on why we won all those games.

Smith clearly coaches to win the game, we win by scoring more points. He takes it 1 game at a time and gives 110%, we just have to look at the film, go back to the drawing board and have the next man step up. Simple as that.


Where did I state "if you don't use facts or logic I'm not replying to you".. i said if you use the injury excuse (WHICH YOU ALWAYS DO) I'm not replying. I don't even know why I am typing this to you, but, all you ever say to anyone you don't agree with is "you use no facts or logic"... here's a FACT for ya - when were completely healthy, we still were losing. Why? Because its deeper than injuries. Yeah, injuries have not helped.. but I can tell you this even if we were fully healthy, with this patchwork offensive line and no pass rush we would still be losing games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Another poster that uses no fact or logic behind his posts, and even throws in (basically) "if you try to use facts/logic, i will not reply to you".

Yes this team has problems, they go beyond injuries. However that is by far the biggest cause of our season. But hey, we clearly sucked all along, clearly had nothing to do with our team on why we won all those games.

Smith clearly coaches to win the game, we win by scoring more points. He takes it 1 game at a time and gives 110%, we just have to look at the film, go back to the drawing board and have the next man step up. Simple as that.


Where did I state "if you don't use facts or logic I'm not replying to you".. i said if you use the injury excuse (WHICH YOU ALWAYS DO) I'm not replying. I don't even know why I am typing this to you, but, all you ever say to anyone you don't agree with is "you use no facts or logic"... here's a FACT for ya - when were completely healthy, we still were losing. Why? Because its deeper than injuries. Yeah, injuries have not helped.. but I can tell you this even if we were fully healthy, with this patchwork offensive line and no pass rush we would still be losing games.
when the Falcons were completely healthy, they went 1-1 and were just 1 touchdown away from beating the Saints (with 2 dropped passes in the end zone). Once they started having guys go down, it went downhill from there.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
terrell123


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 4622
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Another poster that uses no fact or logic behind his posts, and even throws in (basically) "if you try to use facts/logic, i will not reply to you".

Yes this team has problems, they go beyond injuries. However that is by far the biggest cause of our season. But hey, we clearly sucked all along, clearly had nothing to do with our team on why we won all those games.

Smith clearly coaches to win the game, we win by scoring more points. He takes it 1 game at a time and gives 110%, we just have to look at the film, go back to the drawing board and have the next man step up. Simple as that.


Where did I state "if you don't use facts or logic I'm not replying to you".. i said if you use the injury excuse (WHICH YOU ALWAYS DO) I'm not replying. I don't even know why I am typing this to you, but, all you ever say to anyone you don't agree with is "you use no facts or logic"... here's a FACT for ya - when were completely healthy, we still were losing. Why? Because its deeper than injuries. Yeah, injuries have not helped.. but I can tell you this even if we were fully healthy, with this patchwork offensive line and no pass rush we would still be losing games.
when the Falcons were completely healthy, they went 1-1 and were just 1 touchdown away from beating the Saints (with 2 dropped passes in the end zone). Once they started having guys go down, it went downhill from there.
Because they have no depth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1711
Location: GA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Another poster that uses no fact or logic behind his posts, and even throws in (basically) "if you try to use facts/logic, i will not reply to you".

Yes this team has problems, they go beyond injuries. However that is by far the biggest cause of our season. But hey, we clearly sucked all along, clearly had nothing to do with our team on why we won all those games.

Smith clearly coaches to win the game, we win by scoring more points. He takes it 1 game at a time and gives 110%, we just have to look at the film, go back to the drawing board and have the next man step up. Simple as that.


Where did I state "if you don't use facts or logic I'm not replying to you".. i said if you use the injury excuse (WHICH YOU ALWAYS DO) I'm not replying. I don't even know why I am typing this to you, but, all you ever say to anyone you don't agree with is "you use no facts or logic"... here's a FACT for ya - when were completely healthy, we still were losing. Why? Because its deeper than injuries. Yeah, injuries have not helped.. but I can tell you this even if we were fully healthy, with this patchwork offensive line and no pass rush we would still be losing games.
when the Falcons were completely healthy, they went 1-1 and were just 1 touchdown away from beating the Saints (with 2 dropped passes in the end zone). Once they started having guys go down, it went downhill from there.


Roddy and Julio were out there for more than 2 games man. Roddy was hobbled (poor coaching decision), and then Julio went down. So what's your "excuse" for the blown leads or getting completely dominated in the playoffs the past few seasons? Nobody has addressed that, it was in my OP.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 3975
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Honest question... Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
my thing is, why does it take that embarrassing performance to get motivated to actually punch the other team in the mouth?


EDIT: Another thing - do yall think Smith has lost the locker room?


No, not at all. I've seen a few people say this, but it's just not true at all. People need to stop trying to make us into the Bucs. There isn't any sort of locker room divide, pretty much every key player has come out in support of Ryan and Smith, and it seems like we still have one of the strongest locker rooms in the league.

This team is a mess, I'm not denying that. But it isn't because of the locker room.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/1777/time-to-reboot-falcons-say-no-way
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falcons145


Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the fire Smith and Dimitroff bandwagon, but by reading that article it doesn't seem like Smith lost the locker room yet, so I guess MAYBE he gets a free ride to next year, but if we even miss the playoffs next year, even with a 9-7 record, he's gotta go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4361
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said Mike Smith is a nice guy. But he isn't an X and O kind of coach. This isn't college where talent can get you by. NFL is all about elite coaching. And the elite coaches often win. Mike Smith is NOT one of the Elite. I wish he was but unfortunately this team isn't going to be a true winner with him at the helm.

If anyone seriously believes that we will be 13-3 next year and will magically win in the playoffs because Kroy, Spoon and Julio will be healthy you are wrong. This team has depth issues but the coaching is subpar. It is subpar in all three phases. Special teams is terrible (Besides Bosher and Bryant); Defense is so bad it's comical and Offense is predictable and one dimensional.

TD is def largely at fault for his continued draft blunders but I think he deserves one more 1-2 more years. (It's going to take a couple more years to fill the internal problems this team has.) Mike Smith probably will get another year to turn it around, but I just don't have faith in the guy. No one here can say why Mike Smith is a valued NFL coach other than well "He was the only coach to give the Falcons back to back winning seasons". That's great and all but at some point you have to go beyond the elementary success and get some big boy success. Mike Smith has proven that is not his forte. I hope AB realizes this before we have to sit through another 2-3 years of disappointment.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group