Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons need to take notes from Braves
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Falcons need to take notes from Braves Reply with quote

Braves get new stadium, all revenue, and you will find a parking spot. Take note Artie, yours is costing $400 million more and you still will have a traffic nightmare! Not to mention the Braves will have 365 days of revenue, thanks to shops, museum, restaurants, and lodging. Awesome move (Marietta?) Braves!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braves also taking 225% the public funding that the Falcons are. Laughing

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

This.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

More like Marietta has 225% more public funding than Atlanta! Laughing

Last edited by gilmerfalcon on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i dont like the idea of going to the suburbs to go to a game. Just seems backwards
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Personally i dont like the idea of going to the suburbs to go to a game. Just seems backwards

Did you see the map of season ticket holders, GSU? The Braves are just moving to where the fans are.
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take this from a resident of the South Florida. The city of Miami somehow paid for the new Marlins stadium (payoffs). Excellent facility yet it does not cater to fan base (70% from over an 1.5 hour commute and neighborhood economy of residents that do not benefit from stadium. BOTTOM line: it was paid by tax dollars so the marlins owner was on board.

Aftermath: when the Dolphins requested a tax levy to assist in their stadium renovation, it was strongly voted no.

Both owners (franchises) are doing this at the same time for a reason.

NO matter how little or much you take of public funding it always looks bad.

But.... we all have short term memories... put a winning product out there and society forgets about funds spent.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Did you see the map of season ticket holders, GSU? The Braves are just moving to where the fans are.

I grew up in gwinnett and live right next to chastain park now, im well aware of what each area provides. With that said, I think the best way to put it is like this:

Ive never heard any person I know who lives in the city say "man, i really want to go to burbs' today, get a nice dinner or go to that new bar". However, its pretty common for friends that i have that have gotten married or whatever and live in cobb or sugar hill or wherever say they want to spend the day in buckhead or midtown or little 5.

Just seems weird that a dad is going to take his kids to a game and it not being in Atlanta. That "travel" part of the fun imo, and certainly how i felt as a kid getting to go into the city. It was a treat on top of the game.
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Just seems weird that a dad is going to take his kids to a game and it not being in Atlanta. That "travel" part of the fun imo, and certainly how i felt as a kid getting to go into the city.

Atlanta Motor Speedway is slap full with dads and kids at every race and it's not in Atlanta. It will be different for sure but it will be a lot better. Especially considering those of us who live further out.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/82022/saying-good-bye-as-the-braves-leave-atlanta-for-atlanta

I don't want any marietta or alpharetta falcons, I want real Atlanta Falcons in the heart of the city. If we sold out and just became a suburban franchise I'd lose all taste for this team. The OTP Braves is bad enough, luckily I'm not worried considering the new state of the art birds nest stadium coming downtown.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
This article sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/82022/saying-good-bye-as-the-braves-leave-atlanta-for-atlanta

I don't want any marietta or alpharetta falcons, I want real Atlanta Falcons in the heart of the city. If we sold out and just became a suburban franchise I'd lose all taste for this team. The OTP Braves is bad enough, luckily I'm not worried considering the new state of the art birds nest stadium coming downtown.

Agreed. Politics are heavily involved here.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has grown up the last 31 years about 45 min from Atlanta and 20 minutes from Cobb County. I always hated going into the city of Atlanta for anything. I would have much rather went to Cobb county area for any of my sporting events just a much nicer area imo.
DirtyBird4L

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
I grew up in gwinnett and live right next to chastain park now, im well aware of what each area provides. With that said, I think the best way to put it is like this:

Ive never heard any person I know who lives in the city say "man, i really want to go to burbs' today, get a nice dinner or go to that new bar". However, its pretty common for friends that i have that have gotten married or whatever and live in cobb or sugar hill or wherever say they want to spend the day in buckhead or midtown or little 5.

Just seems weird that a dad is going to take his kids to a game and it not being in Atlanta. That "travel" part of the fun imo, and certainly how i felt as a kid getting to go into the city. It was a treat on top of the game.

Do you live on the Sandy Springs side or the Atlanta side? I agree with this though. It feels like the Braves are taking a step backward here. Although I dislike the vast majority of people in Atlanta, I do enjoy visiting the city for sporting events and fun. Driving to Cobb for a Major League Baseball game seems a little off.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyBird4L wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Do you live on the Sandy Springs side or the Atlanta side? I agree with this though. It feels like the Braves are taking a step backward here. Although I dislike the vast majority of people in Atlanta, I do enjoy visiting the city for sporting events and fun. Driving to Cobb for a Major League Baseball game seems a little off.

Not to mention the traffic over that way is worse than Downtown. There is no Marta stop there either. I know more season ticket holders are around that area and Liberty Media is catering to their monetary fan base but this is wrong. Especially the undercover way they went about it. Can't fight the politics though.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
DirtyBird4L wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Not to mention the traffic over that way is worse than Downtown. There is no Marta stop there either. I know more season ticket holders are around that area and Liberty Media is catering to their monetary fan base but this is wrong. Especially the undercover way they went about it. Can't fight the politics though.

Thats the biggest head scratcher. Cobb County wont allow MARTA in the county, and the 75/285 merger is one of the worst traffic spots in all of the metro area. It could be a nightmare.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: