Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 (SNF): KC Chiefs @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious. Did any of you "all 22" guys get a chance to focus on the Poe-Ramirez matchup?

I really wanted to watch that. Manny's probably the strongest center in the league. I just had it in my head that he'd provide Poe quite a problem.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Just curious. Did any of you "all 22" guys get a chance to focus on the Poe-Ramirez matchup?

I really wanted to watch that. Manny's probably the strongest center in the league. I just had it in my head that he'd provide Poe quite a problem.

I have some time today, I'll check that out.
In PFF's Refocused article on the game, they call out the battle between Manny and Poe:

Quote:
A Fine Battle

The modern NFL doesnít always lend itself to great battles between nose tackles and centers. So when one comes along then we should really appreciate it, and thatís what I did when Manny Ramirez and Dontari Poe collided.

In the first half it was as even a battle as could be with the two trading blows, Ramirez getting the kind of lateral movement the Broncos wanted to set up cutback lanes and Poe use his power to get off blocks and force a number of stark cuts and pick up one tackle for a short gain. The second half was more one sided as Poe grew stronger as the game went on and by the end of the day heís finished with a healthy four stops but was neutralized rushing the passer outside of one hurry. But regardless of who won it was, as is often the case, just fantastic viewing to watch two guys playing so well take each other on over a prolonged period of time.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/18/refo-chiefs-broncos-week-11/
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Although I don't have all-22, it seemed when watching live as though most of the pressure on Peyton(not that there was very much), came from the outside. He was able to step up in the pocket a few times if Hali or Houston were starting to get there.

Ramirez has really impressed me this season. I actually quite liked him at RG when he was the backup, but I didn't expect him to play this well. Pleasantly surprised.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this formation out, I didn't notice it during the game:

An overloaded offensive line with Julius Thomas and Chris Clark swapped. Out of the pistol the run went to the right behind the two tackles, but Justin Houston blew Clark up and the play didn't go anywhere.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

An overloaded offensive line with Julius Thomas and Chris Clark swapped. Out of the pistol the run went to the right behind the two tackles, but Justin Houston blew Clark up and the play didn't go anywhere.

Whu? Julius Thomas at Left Tackle?

hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:

Whu? Julius Thomas at Left Tackle?

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

Stanford runs this formation a lot. The basic play in this formation is the power run towards the strong side, however, stanford runs counters and RB screens off that formation too. They've pretty much made it a part of their game plan every week.

My guess... Elway probably stole it when he was at the USC game, getting his number retired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: