Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 (SNF): KC Chiefs @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda wish we'd thrown the ball at the goal line instead of letting Montee score. I really want Manning to get over 50.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I kinda wish we'd thrown the ball at the goal line instead of letting Montee score. I really want Manning to get over 50.
He had chances at TDs. Specifically the screen pass to DT that Manning threw behind DT. He had 2 DBs to beat who were getting blocked. He would've scored.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
Can someone explain the delay of game penalty that was called on the Broncos defense. Probably one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard called.

They called "delay by the defense" on Kayvon Webster. Here's the rule language:

a defensive player aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage makes quick and abrupt
actions that are not a part of normal defensive player movement and are an obvious attempt to cause an offensive
player(s) to foul (false start).

Here's the play:

Tis a shame, Von was coming clean Twisted Evil

What confused is that if he wasnt in the neutral zone, then why does it matter if he causes the offensive player to move? If thats the case, this penalty should be called multiple times in every game.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For KC to win the next matchup they will need to completely shut down the Broncos offense. Because they have only scored more than 20 points at home against once us in the last 7 games at KC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. No excuses you beat us. A few observations of mine...

Refs called ticky tack penlites on both teams DB's.

Hali got headlock held a few times with no call, but your O-line did what they needed to in order to stop our pass rush. Your pass rusher's might have been held some too but I wasn't paying close attention to them so I didn't see any. Considering we got no pressure on Manning I thought our D played good.

Our WR's had the dropies all game, but you guys had your share of drops also. So that didn't really effect the outcome.

I think Reid/KC did what I feared they were doing, with the results I feared. We've never opened up our offensive except in spurts when need for the first 9 games (IE game closing drives or when down). For most games this year it was real bland playcalling. I think it was to keep our real offense game plan a secret (from you guys) as much as possible. We never needed to open our offense up before so we never did. We diffidently needed to opened it up vs you guys and we did, but we didn't get the results we wanted. While KC was keeping our true offense hidden early in the season, Denver was working out all the kinks in theirs and fine tuning it to a well oiled machine. KC D knew what you guys were running, but your execution was perfect for the most part. Denver's D had no idea what we were running, but our execution was bad. I'd rather have a well oiled machine then a out of timing secret weapon.

Hope we're both 10-1 when we meet again in KC, but this time we stomp you!!!!!
broncospride95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was completely against this move before, but now I would seriously consider looking at Champ at FS with the Moore injury and not having a capable FS on the team besides Rahim. I would rather have Champ playing FS rather than Adams or Bruton, both of whom are natural SS.

Between DRC, Harris, Webster, and Jammer emerging as a quality dime I would feel comfortable moving forward with those 4 as our CB's. They've done just fine so far without Champ at CB.

Thoughts?

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is all of this Champ at FS stuff coming from? The guy has looked every bit his age this year. You want to put him at FS after he's been injured and, mind you, he's NEVER played the position?

Absolutely not.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Okta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Jammer look in preseason at safety? (if he had any snaps there I didn't catch any of the games up in Canada).

I like Mike Adams but he will get exploited at FS. Too bad Ed Reed just signed with the jets Laughing

Kidding aside we might need to look at free agent options. Rahim was pretty underrated on this squad.
broncofan48

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
Can someone explain the delay of game penalty that was called on the Broncos defense. Probably one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard called.

a defensive player aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage makes quick and abrupt
actions that are not a part of normal defensive player movement and are an obvious attempt to cause an offensive

Here's the play:

What confused is that if he wasnt in the neutral zone, then why does it matter if he causes the offensive player to move? If thats the case, this penalty should be called multiple times in every game.

Yea I just saw a patriots player do it tonight.

Stupid rule IMO, but could be called pretty often. Consistency from crew to crew among the refs is hard to come by though
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan48 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:
KC_Broncos_Fan wrote:

Here's the play:

Yea I just saw a patriots player do it tonight.

Stupid rule IMO, but could be called pretty often. Consistency from crew to crew among the refs is hard to come by though

Remember me of Sanchez against the Bills! Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTd2vsmbVLE
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Where is all of this Champ at FS stuff coming from? The guy has looked every bit his age this year. You want to put him at FS after he's been injured and, mind you, he's NEVER played the position?

Absolutely not.

With the recent injury to Rahim Moore I would be interested in at least trying the idea out. Adams is an in the box safety and is extremely limited in coverage and Bruton has shown nothing the last couple years to suggest he can man the FS spot. I would rather have the best possible players out there at all time and just because Champ hasn't played FS before doesn't mean he can't be that person.

Plus I think FS could actually help Champ at this point since he doesn't have that top gear anymore. It would allow him to just sit back and read the offense, which Champ excels at. I'm not saying to make this a permanent thing, I just think it would be best for the Broncos THIS YEAR to essentially try Champ out at FS in a few packages and see how he does. Then from there either stop if he can't man the FS spot or continue to integrate him at the position to replace Moore for this year only.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Absolutely not.

I think it suits him. He said he would move to Safety. I want to see it. His instincts for the game are amazing, and he is smart. I think he could move right into that position and do quite well. He cannot keep up with speedy WR's anymore, but can probably handle TE's and RB's. He is a great open field tackler. I like it. I think it adds another 2-3 years to his career. And, I think he could contribute immediately.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Lombardi just said on the Fan Morning Show that Rahim Moore had had the symptoms which lead to him having to leave the SNF game all of last week! Shocked

Lombardi said that this is fact. Whether Moore went to the Broncos before and the staff knew about it is unknown, however, and the assumption should not and could not be made.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vic Lombardi just said on the Fan Morning Show that Rahim Moore had had the symptoms which lead to him having to leave the SNF game all of last week!

Lombardi said that this is fact. Whether Moore went to the Broncos before and the staff knew about it is unknown, however, and the assumption should not and could not be made

Woah. If true its nothing short of a miracle that Rahim Moore didnt have to lose his leg. What a tough SOB. I truly, truly was wrong about the kid. He trajectory of improvement from year 1 to year 3 is probably the most astonishing improvement I have ever seen in a football player. I mean he went from looking like the type of 2nd round bust that you cut before their rookie contact expires to a top 10 FS. His tackling literally went from bottom 5% at his position to top 5%. Thats just dedication. We will miss him this season.

Also, the trainers probably should have picked up on this if it irratated him all week.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julius Thomas mic'ed up:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Micd-Up-Julius-Thomas/6d91fc41-46b8-47ce-9412-f3b6d45220cf

WARNING - this video had problems playing in my browser. Maybe it will be fixed now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: