Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNF Week 10: New England Patriots @ Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Wendell, Mankins and Connolly better eat their wheaties. Tired of watching Brady get sacked before he even gets into his drop.

Are those wheaties gonna be sprinkled with PED powder because that's the only way I can see Brady having a nice pocket with time to throw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Wendell, Mankins and Connolly better eat their wheaties. Tired of watching Brady get sacked before he even gets into his drop.

Are those wheaties gonna be sprinkled with PED powder because that's the only way I can see Brady having a nice pocket with time to throw.

You could shoot Mankins up with horse steroids and he'd still be a worthless sack of crap.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

You could shoot Mankins up with horse steroids and he'd still be a worthless sack of crap.
*useless

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropping back on third and long almost seems a waste of time at the moment with the amount of pressure coming up the middle, against the Panthers it's a full on disaster waiting to happen. I just don't see us even attempting it, we'll probably run some screens or dump off to see what we can get along the ground.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we go up tempo early on to wear down the pass rush of Johnson and Hardy? I think Star could tire easily if he's kept on the field for consecutive plays.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Dropping back on third and long almost seems a waste of time at the moment with the amount of pressure coming up the middle, against the Panthers it's a full on disaster waiting to happen. I just don't see us even attempting it, we'll probably run some screens or dump off to see what we can get along the ground.

McDaniels would have to remember what they were in order to call them.

And when/if he does remember...he'll probably set one up for his most agile weapon....Blount.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:

His roid rage would make him commit even more thoughtless personal fouls.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Do we go up tempo early on to wear down the pass rush of Johnson and Hardy? I think Star could tire easily if he's kept on the field for consecutive plays.

It would be a good idea to. I think one of the reasons our DL is so effective is that that we are pretty deep and continually rotate guys in and out that can play multiple downs in a row and still be effective. Preventing guys from rotating out could help wear down some of the guys up front quicker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down with the Mankins hate, all he has done for us is be a pro-bowler for the better part of a decade.

55 Tackles 1.5 sacks
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WesWelker wrote:
Calm down with the Mankins hate, all he has done for us is be a pro-bowler for the better part of a decade.

Laughing

(Joking, I hope?)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:

Who knows with McDaniels. I thought he'd go up tempo vs the Bengals but they didn't really.

Generally, teams with excellent DL and young DB's present a good opportunity to go up tempo but McDaniels's thought process seems to be 'they will be expecting us to do that so let's do the opposite.'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds that we come out of a no huddle 4 WR spread with gronk in there kind of like we did with Minnesota in 06? Their front 7 is stout so we might be better off getting them into a nickle and dime formation. That way we will have their secondary and pass rush try to beat us rather then the strength of their unit. Throw a few screen passes and draw plays to keep them honest.

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
Grizzly224

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
What are the odds that we come out of a no huddle 4 WR spread with gronk in there kind of like we did with Minnesota in 06? Their front 7 is stout so we might be better off getting them into a nickle and dime formation. That way we will have their secondary and pass rush try to beat us rather then the strength of their unit. Throw a few screen passes and draw plays to keep them honest.

We don't do that much sub packages. You will see rotations at the DT positions and a little bit with the DEs but as far as subbing out LBs for CBs it only occurs when the WILL (Klein or Blackburn) goes out and FLorence comes in. Luke and Davis are very good cover LBs and usually stay on the field even in 4 WR sets.

The up tempo O has a chance to work but only if you have early success with it. It could backfire if you end up with a 3 and out quickly. The key for the Panthers is to control the ball on O and get off the field on D (likje it is with most teams). When a team goes up tempo against us and the team makes the stop it just plays into what they want to do.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly224 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:

We don't do that much sub packages. You will see rotations at the DT positions and a little bit with the DEs but as far as subbing out LBs for CBs it only occurs when the WILL (Klein or Blackburn) goes out and FLorence comes in. Luke and Davis are very good cover LBs and usually stay on the field even in 4 WR sets.

The up tempo O has a chance to work but only if you have early success with it. It could backfire if you end up with a 3 and out quickly. The key for the Panthers is to control the ball on O and get off the field on D (likje it is with most teams). When a team goes up tempo against us and the team makes the stop it just plays into what they want to do.

A 3 and out is a 3 and out. It's not going to make much difference whether it's from a no huddle sequence or not.

The Pats are going to need to control the clock as much as possible. I'm not especially optimistic about that given the play call selection McDaniels uses (his endless 2nd and long runs should be bottled up fairly well by Carolina, resulting in numerous 3rd and 5+).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Grizzly224 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:

A 3 and out is a 3 and out. It's not going to make much difference whether it's from a no huddle sequence or not.

The Pats are going to need to control the clock as much as possible. I'm not especially optimistic about that given the play call selection McDaniels uses (his endless 2nd and long runs should be bottled up fairly well by Carolina, resulting in numerous 3rd and 5+).

Don't you think McDaniels has advanced statistics which support his love for 2nd and 10 runs? Assuming that the defense will play a little softer on 2nd and 10, if the Pats can get 4-5 yards on that carry, maybe it is a higher percentage play than passing on 2nd and 10 and then deciding what to do on 3rd and 10.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 4 of 51

Jump to: