Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MAFs first mock in many a moon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
We're stuck with Baker AT LEAST for next season unless he gets injured again, which very well could happen. If we pass on Clowney or Barr, we would regret it trust me. How often do we pick top 5? How often does a player like Clowney come around? Not often. We can address the OL situation in round 2 if we're lucky enough Richardson/Jackson falls to us in the 2nd (we still will be picking high remember). Then sign a FA like Oher to play RT or Mack who would play C. There are tons of scenarios where we can fix the OL via FA/draft but we MUST take Clowney or Barr if they are there.

What happens if I dont want to trust you? If Clowney is available, id say we have to go with him, however its extremely unlikely that he is.

Baker doesnt impact what we do at tackle at all. if he plays well, then he can stay at left while whoever we draft either develops as a backup or plays on the right for a while. If he doesnt Baker can go to RT.

I could give two [inappropriate/removed] if you want to trust me or not

#FreeToddGurley
Lentz33

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
We're stuck with Baker AT LEAST for next season unless he gets injured again, which very well could happen. If we pass on Clowney or Barr, we would regret it trust me. How often do we pick top 5? How often does a player like Clowney come around? Not often. We can address the OL situation in round 2 if we're lucky enough Richardson/Jackson falls to us in the 2nd (we still will be picking high remember). Then sign a FA like Oher to play RT or Mack who would play C. There are tons of scenarios where we can fix the OL via FA/draft but we MUST take Clowney or Barr if they are there.

What happens if I dont want to trust you? If Clowney is available, id say we have to go with him, however its extremely unlikely that he is.

Baker doesnt impact what we do at tackle at all. if he plays well, then he can stay at left while whoever we draft either develops as a backup or plays on the right for a while. If he doesnt Baker can go to RT.

Couldn't*

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Couldn't*

Freudian slip... A pretty weird one.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Couldn't*

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

#FreeToddGurley
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Couldn't*

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

#FreeToddGurley
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
If Clowney is available, id say we have to go with him, however its extremely unlikely that he is.

Hey, GSU, how about you explain to me why it is so unlikely that Clowney will be unavailable... oh and don't forget to back your claim up with "facts and logic" Laughing Laughing Laughing

#FreeToddGurley
mjmiller

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
If Clowney is available, id say we have to go with him, however its extremely unlikely that he is.

Hey, GSU, how about you explain to me why it is so unlikely that Clowney will be unavailable... oh and don't forget to back your claim up with "facts and logic" Laughing Laughing Laughing

we lose out and we pretty much got him lol
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

That's easy, he's pretty much consensusly the best player in the draftl, even of you put Bridgewater ahead of him due to positional value, it'd be a pretty big shock fir him to slip past two.

Right now we pick 3rd I believe.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

That's easy, he's pretty much consensusly the best player in the draftl, even of you put Bridgewater ahead of him due to positional value, it'd be a pretty big shock fir him to slip past two.

and depending on who picks ahead of us, they could go Jake MAtthews or a QB instead of Clowney.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

and depending on who picks ahead of us, they could go Jake MAtthews or a QB instead of Clowney.

Exactly, the teams that are ahead of us don't necessarily need Clowney. Jags need a QB and we may be picking 2nd if TB beats us. TB could also go QB because they will have a new head coach.

I still rather trade back for more picks though. Clowney is good no doubt, but he needs help to be dominant and our Dline can't really help him as is. He would be a better player on a team that has a pretty good DT and solid DE already. I wouldn't be mad if we got Clowney but trading down is my preference and then going BPA. (Nix, Lewan.....)

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Exactly, the teams that are ahead of us don't necessarily need Clowney. Jags need a QB and we may be picking 2nd if TB beats us. TB could also go QB because they will have a new head coach.

I still rather trade back for more picks though. Clowney is good no doubt, but he needs help to be dominant and our Dline can't really help him as is. He would be a better player on a team that has a pretty good DT and solid DE already. I wouldn't be mad if we got Clowney but trading down is my preference and then going BPA. (Nix, Lewan.....)

I would not be totally against trading back, it would be pretty nice to grab some extra picks to move back a few picks but still pick top-10. I wouldn't trade back past 15 IMO. Even at 15 I would be a little weary.

#FreeToddGurley
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

I would not be totally against trading back, it would be pretty nice to grab some extra picks to move back a few picks but still pick top-10. I wouldn't trade back past 15 IMO. Even at 15 I would be a little weary.

I agree, unless the team past 15 gave us a Julio Jones type deal.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

I agree, unless the team past 15 gave us a Julio Jones type deal.

Where do you see Cleveland finishing? I would think they need a QB and since we've done business with them in the past, maybe we can strike something up.

#FreeToddGurley
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Clowney would have that help... Osi, Peters, Spoon, Biermann, Joplo... and that's not including potentially bringing back Walker

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Yes, they could... its the draft. However, what I said still is true. Clowney is almost consensusly the best player in the draft. While he could slip, its not likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: