Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is our coaching staff going to stay intact after this OS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Bleedin_Silver wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/22/report-raiders-rejected-dennis-allens-request-to-extend-assistants/

Quote:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Sunday morning that Raiders owner Mark Davis recently rejected a request from Allen to extend the contracts of assistant coaches on the last year of their deals. That doesnít mean Allen is absolutely coaching his final games with the Raiders as the team may be keeping their options open with two weeks to go in the season, but it also doesnít send a particularly positive vibe about Allenís return.

I like the move. I mean, I feel for DA and co. But we shouldn't be signing up for 1 or 2 more years of them right away.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Reggie's opinion is on the matter. Will he try and persuade M. Davis to keep DA around for another season or does Reggie have a HC in mind to replace him. I know M. Davis wants Gruden bad, like jail bait bad..lol..
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
I wonder what Reggie's opinion is on the matter. Will he try and persuade M. Davis to keep DA around for another season or does Reggie have a HC in mind to replace him. I know M. Davis wants Gruden bad, like jail bait bad..lol..

I doubt Reggie even tries to fight for Allen.

Why should he?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This what I think Mark Davis does to Dennis Allen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

Why should he?

Are you daft enough to ignore the glaring talent issues w/ this team and direct all the blame on Dennis Allen?

If you can't see how the lack of talent and depth has shown up as the season worn on, you truly are something.

Just look at Brandian Ross for example. No business starting in the NFL, but has played 900+ snaps this season. An URFA starting QB. Not one star talent on the roster.

It's embarrassing to me that some of you expect a coach to win w/ such a lack of talent and depth.

This was a predicted by most pundits to be a 2 win team and the worst the league. If anything, they overachieved. The players like Allen and play hard for him (how about Sims today) and have spoken out in support.

This coaching carousel has to stop. At some point you have to give a guy a chance to develop and work with an improving roster.

I'm tired of each coach getting 2 years with a junk roster and the fans expecting a miracle. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Get some actual talent and allow the coach to work w/ a full deck.

/rant.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Bleedin_Silver wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/22/report-raiders-rejected-dennis-allens-request-to-extend-assistants/

Quote:
Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Sunday morning that Raiders owner Mark Davis recently rejected a request from Allen to extend the contracts of assistant coaches on the last year of their deals. That doesnít mean Allen is absolutely coaching his final games with the Raiders as the team may be keeping their options open with two weeks to go in the season, but it also doesnít send a particularly positive vibe about Allenís return.

I like the move. I mean, I feel for DA and co. But we shouldn't be signing up for 1 or 2 more years of them right away.

The extensions are really celebratory. It's a vote of confidence in the HC by putting your $ where your mouth is. The extensions don't effect the cap, it more or less increases the amount of money an assistant would get should the staff get fired. Kind of like a prohibitive poison pill for a cheap owner who may be quick on the trigger.

Imo, this is a bad sign. If Mark wanted to disguise his intentions better he would have went ahead and paid the extensions to give the staff a false sense of security rather than have one eye on the season and one on the wanted ads. Fait accompli
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently O'Brien is in negotiations with the Texans as we speak. If I were O'Brien's agent I would wait. However, the Texans are smart to make an aggressive offer early.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Apparently O'Brien is in negotiations with the Texans as we speak. If I were O'Brien's agent I would wait. However, the Texans are smart to make an aggressive offer early.

Better before Sunday is over LOL Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

Why should he?

Are you daft enough to ignore the glaring talent issues w/ this team and direct all the blame on Dennis Allen?

If you can't see how the lack of talent and depth has shown up as the season worn on, you truly are something.

Just look at Brandian Ross for example. No business starting in the NFL, but has played 900+ snaps this season. An URFA starting QB. Not one star talent on the roster.

It's embarrassing to me that some of you expect a coach to win w/ such a lack of talent and depth.

This was a predicted by most pundits to be a 2 win team and the worst the league. If anything, they overachieved. The players like Allen and play hard for him (how about Sims today) and have spoken out in support.

This coaching carousel has to stop. At some point you have to give a guy a chance to develop and work with an improving roster.

I'm tired of each coach getting 2 years with a junk roster and the fans expecting a miracle. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Get some actual talent and allow the coach to work w/ a full deck.

/rant.

Outside the talent and depth issues, what have you seen from Dennis Allen in 2 seasons that makes you believe he's the right coach to lead the Raiders to the playoffs and beyond?
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305093/article/dennis-allen-gm-could-return-to-oakland-raiders-in-14

Quote:
After more than a decade of near-constant overhaul, the Oakland Raiders could be favoring some stability this offseason.

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported Sunday that owner Mark Davis has given both Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen signals this week that he is leaning toward keeping them in 2014. Sources familiar with Davis' thinking note to Silver that an embarrassing loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday could change things.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Keleth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any coach that people on here seem to want is going to be picked up by other franchises that have a lot more going for them than us at the moment.
Hell if O'Brien took us over the Texans I would be astounded.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckSavage wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Ro4DPoY wrote:

Why should he?

/rant.

Outside the talent and depth issues, what have you seen from Dennis Allen in 2 seasons that makes you believe he's the right coach to lead the Raiders to the playoffs and beyond?

Allen has made plenty of mistakes, but don't forget that this is only his second year doing this. We afford rookie/2nd year players some slack because they are young and inexperienced, why shouldn't we do the same for coaches? The thing about the talent level doesn't just speak to on the field performance, stats, etc, but it also limits your play calling. generally, you aren;t going to get too exotic or aggressive when you lack the talent. You play it a bit safe and try to avoid making huge mistakes rather than taking chances and going for big plays or ballsy moves. I'm not a huge fan of Allen, but I do like that he has changed the culture of this team. For years I have had to watch in agony as our team played without any heart. The last two years, I have seen more fight in them than I can remember. It may not reflect on the record, but that is a huge step.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you guys feed about bringing in Chudz as OC if Olson is axed?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Not good. Reports are players don't like him. There are some guys who don't want him fired, but I think that is more because they don't want yet another head coaching change.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Would be the 3rd OC in 3 years for Allen. Nice...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: