Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is our coaching staff going to stay intact after this OS?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Is our coaching staff going to stay intact after this OS? Reply with quote

Here are some of the notable names on our current staff:

http://www.raiders.com/team/coaches.html

Coach: Dennis Allen
Offensive Coordinator: Greg Olson
Defensive Coordinator: Jason Tarver
Special Teams: Bobby April
Offensive Asst: Al Saunders
QB Coach: John DeFilippo
WR Coach: Ted Gilmour
RB coach: Kelly Skipper
TE Coach: Mark Hutson
Oline coach: Tony Sporano
Quality Control on Offence: Justin Griffth
Quality Control on Defence: Eric Sanders
LB Coach: Bob Sanders
Strength and Conditioning: Al Miller
Etc, Etc.

As it currently stands, who do you think gets the axe this off season? Does DA survive another below average off season? Does Greg Olson get fired due to our totally pathetic offence? Does that include the QB, WR, RB coaches? Does our S&C coach get chopped too due to our insane amounts of injuries? The list of questions goes on and on.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is our coaching staff going to stay intact after this OS Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Etc, Etc.

As it currently stands, who do you think gets the axe this off season? Does DA survive another below average off season? Does Greg Olson get fired due to our totally pathetic offence? Does that include the QB, WR, RB coaches? Does our S&C coach get chopped too due to our insane amounts of injuries? The list of questions goes on and on.

If a new head coach or GM comes in they all might be replaced.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Is our coaching staff going to stay intact after this OS Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Etc, Etc.

There is not a chance in hell Reggie is gone after this year. Davis told him he has an X amount of years left, and that still applies. Also, IF Allen is fired, do you think that Tarver is cut after his great work this year with this patchwork D?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Is our coaching staff going to stay intact after this OS Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Etc, Etc.

There is not a chance in hell Reggie is gone after this year. Davis told him he has an X amount of years left, and that still applies. Also, IF Allen is fired, do you think that Tarver is cut after his great work this year with this patchwork D?

Coaches bring in their own staff, if Allen goes I doubt Tarver stays. i wish he would stay, but usually HC's want their own staff that work with what he wants to do and the direction he wants to take the team. It's not very often where a HC is fired and a OC or DC stays, but it does happen every now and then.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone stays
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
I think everyone stays

Agreed. I think the offense will be blown up and they'll get one more if not two more years. I hope everyone stays. You don't win unless you have continuity.

PM sig requests.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
I think everyone stays

Agreed. I think the offense will be blown up and they'll get one more if not two more years. I hope everyone stays. You don't win unless you have continuity.

+1. Olson isn't a bad playcaller. Pryor regressing and unable to read defenses, see the field, etc. doesn't help.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
I think everyone stays

+1. Olson isn't a bad playcaller. Pryor regressing and unable to read defenses, see the field, etc. doesn't help.

Agreed.

I thought it was common knowlegde that Olsen has dumbed down and simplified the Offense to suit our QB. Don't think it's fair to judge him just yet. Overall I believe the coaches have done a good job. Sure, they could improve in some areas but the team is feisty, competes and is playing for each other. When you haven't got a shed load of talent thats what you can expect.

I think most of the coaches should stay, though there will probably be a couple of minor changes. I'd keep HC, OC, DC, ST coach and OL coach for continuity if it were up to me.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is they stay.

In the end, they've shown the ability to overturn an entire unit (defense) into a good group. There is a lot to build around there.

They get a year to blow up the offense and find a QB to actually run it next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone honestly actually expect us to be better than we are ?
I don't think most of the players here this year are going to be here next year.
Expecting any coach to turn a pile of crap into an 8-8 team is unbelievable.
Does anyone actually believe any coach could have done any better this year ?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
I think everyone stays

Agreed.

I thought it was common knowlegde that Olsen has dumbed down and simplified the Offense to suit our QB. Don't think it's fair to judge him just yet. Overall I believe the coaches have done a good job. Sure, they could improve in some areas but the team is feisty, competes and is playing for each other. When you haven't got a shed load of talent thats what you can expect.

I think most of the coaches should stay, though there will probably be a couple of minor changes. I'd keep HC, OC, DC, ST coach and OL coach for continuity if it were up to me.

I think all will stay. But I will say even with dumbing down offense taken into account there have been some questionable calls. Hell even this past game why not run the ball 3-4 times in a row at the 1 yard line instead of trying to throw it. Makes little sense to me.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If McKenzie is set on acquiring his franchise QB this off-season, it's either fire DA now, or stick with him for the long hail, because we can't afford to change coaches with a young, developing QB.
percy miracles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better not. None of this changing every year [inappropriate/removed] again. We all can see this team lacks talent. Coaching has improved this year compared to last. Only guy I see that has a chance to lose his job is Olson, but he shouldn't. This offense is practically the defense of last year, talentwise. Also having a pathetic excuse of a QB doesn't help.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd give the staff another year. I like the strides we've made as a team. Reggie messed up with Flynn. But then again, he couldn't predict how injured we would be on the offensive line. Maybe if Flynn didn't get hit so much he wouldn't have been so bad and we wouldn't have had to redo our entire offense at the end of the preseason. IMO, the OL injuries are the crux of the issue this season. Pryor's shortcomings hurt, but the injuries have hurt us more overall I think.

#FreeAgent
Tacos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olson will more than likely need to be replaced eventually. The guy has a career average PPG that is less than Knapp's. It's like, 16 PPG, I believe, I did the stats when we hired him.

I don't want him fired or anything, he's done okay with this poor offense we put on the field and I'd like to see if he's really gotten better. I don't see him lasting more than another year or two though. I don't see any of our coaches lasting that long barring us having or acquiring an actually decent QB.

Because of our defense's improvement, I'd like to see Allen and Tarver stay. I'd like to see Olson open up the playbook next year. (I don't agree with them dumbing it down for Pryor, if the kid can't adapt he needs to go. Also how will he ever progress if all he does is throw screens and dink and dunk)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: