Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panther Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 5138
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Panther Watch Reply with quote

I feel this could be a good thread. We can use it weekly to check up on the Panthers and the division race between us. I'm fully convinced they're legit now, they're doing the same thing the 49ers did a couple years ago. Using their QB as a game manager and have the best defense in the league. I hate to say it, but they're a very good team and we got our work cut out for us to win the division. I still think we finish 12-4 (losing to Seattle, splitting with Carolina), and they finish 11-5 (lose to Pats, split with us) and we win the division. But they're looking really good.
_________________

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3428
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Panther Watch Reply with quote

I believe we will split with the Panthers and win one of either the Seattle or San Fran games and win the division... #1 or #2 seed, I'm not so sure yet.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 505
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been touting the Panthers for some time now, and I'm legitimately concerned. Its very feasible they sweep us and take the division.

Our saving grace is that we seem to be unbeatable at home, so its possible we split the series with them. Another thing is that its pretty impossible to predict just how whacky a divisional game can get. They get New England next week while we have San Fran.... If they're tied for the division lead by the end of next week than I'm officially in that glass half empty mindset Razz

Basically, I just envision us getting bullied up front for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. Losing at the most fundamental is easily the hardest to swallow for me, just being dominated from a physical perspective and completely out-muscled.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2120
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Panther Watch Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I believe we will split with the Panthers and win one of either the Seattle or San Fran games and win the division... #1 or #2 seed, I'm not so sure yet.

I'm not taking anything away from Seattle but they have not faced offense like ours. The closest they came was Indianapolis...and they beat them. Don't get me wrong Seattle does all the little things correctly like running the ball and controlling the line of scrimmage on defense.
. But we have a top 10 defense now and a top five offense. Even if we play them at home it doesn't matter. They gave up 21 points in the first half to Tampa Bay. Carolina is essentially the same team except they can play well on the road. I like our chances. And hopefully Sean establishing the run and eliminating this zone blocking scheme helps his confidence.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6074
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Panther Watch Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I believe we will split with the Panthers and win one of either the Seattle or San Fran games and win the division... #1 or #2 seed, I'm not so sure yet.

I'm not taking anything away from Seattle but they have not faced offense like ours. The closest they came was Indianapolis...and they beat them. Don't get me wrong Seattle does all the little things correctly like running the ball and controlling the line of scrimmage on defense.
. But we have a top 10 defense now and a top five offense. Even if we play them at home it doesn't matter. They gave up 21 points in the first half to Tampa Bay. Carolina is essentially the same team except they can play well on the road. I like our chances. And hopefully Sean establishing the run and eliminating this zone blocking scheme helps his confidence.


Seattle has had trouble stopping the run. Rams and Bucs ran it all over them so if we keep the MBS and Sean doesnt get pass happy we should have a decent time running the ball.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 406
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Panther Watch Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I believe we will split with the Panthers and win one of either the Seattle or San Fran games and win the division... #1 or #2 seed, I'm not so sure yet.

I'm not taking anything away from Seattle but they have not faced offense like ours. The closest they came was Indianapolis...and they beat them. Don't get me wrong Seattle does all the little things correctly like running the ball and controlling the line of scrimmage on defense.
. But we have a top 10 defense now and a top five offense. Even if we play them at home it doesn't matter. They gave up 21 points in the first half to Tampa Bay. Carolina is essentially the same team except they can play well on the road. I like our chances. And hopefully Sean establishing the run and eliminating this zone blocking scheme helps his confidence.


Seattle has had trouble stopping the run. Rams and Bucs ran it all over them so if we keep the MBS and Sean doesnt get pass happy we should have a decent time running the ball.


Not to mention They kept Arizona hanging around, and with Palmer at the helm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krewe_dat_504


Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 616
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Panther Watch Reply with quote

Seattle honestly should've lost to 2 very bad teams in the Texans (with Schaub) and the Bucs. In both instances, the opposing team had them beat and found a way to choke the game away. And neither of those teams are division rivals, which wouldve given them an excuse. The thing that REALLY gives me confidence is that the Bucs game was played in Seattle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6074
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Panther Watch Reply with quote

krewe_dat_504 wrote:
Seattle honestly should've lost to 2 very bad teams in the Texans (with Schaub) and the Bucs. In both instances, the opposing team had them beat and found a way to choke the game away. And neither of those teams are division rivals, which wouldve given them an excuse. The thing that REALLY gives me confidence is that the Bucs game was played in Seattle.


They should've lost to the Texans, Rams, and Bucs. Still can't believe Schaub threw that awful pick six.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Magnifico


Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 179
Location: London
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans Saints [7-2]

vs. 49ers
@ Falcons [TNF]
@ Seattle [MNF]
vs. Carolina
@ Rams
@ Carolina
vs. Tampa Bay

I think we go 5-2 over that stretch [losses @Seattle and @Carolina] finishing with a 12-4 record and the #2 seed.
On the plus side we do face Seattle after a "mini-bye" considering we're on TNF against a depleted Falcons team, however the Hawks have 2 weeks to prepare to us coming cross country! On the downside we have a short week coming back cross country to face a physical Carolina team.

Simply can't afford to 0-2 against the Panthers.

Panthers [6-3]

vs. New England [MNF]
@ Miami
vs. Tampa Bay
@ Saints
vs. New York
vs. Saints
@ Falcons

New England and @Saints aside they could run the table on all other games. If only the JEts game was in New York.

Seattle [9-1]

vs. Minnesota
BYE
Vs. Saints [MNF]
@ 49ers
@ New York Giants
vs. Arizona
vs. St Louis

If we want the #1 seed, we've got to beat Seattle at home, and hope they lose at Candlestick alongside the "good" New York Giants showing up when Seattle travel cross country.

49ers [6-3]

@ Saints
@ Redskins
vs. Rams
vs. Seahawks
@ Tampa Bay
vs. Atlanta
@ Arizona

Lions [6-3]

@ Steelers
vs. Tampa Bay
vs. Green Bay
@ Philly
vs. Baltimore
vs. Giants
@ Vikings

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Lions. Their schedule is rubbish in terms of difficulty if Rodgers isn't back for the Thanksgiving game. If they can go 5-2/6-1 they'll be in the conversation for the #2 seed as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 11314
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever gets #1 seed between Seattle and New Orleans is going to the Super Bowl. I don't see either team losing at home. If we get the #1 seed...I feel bad for whoever we play. We have looked far too good at home recently.
_________________

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 45 Tkls 4 PD 1 SCK 2 INTs
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWATcha


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 1780
Location: Sacto, CA.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnifico wrote:
New Orleans Saints [7-2]

vs. 49ers
@ Falcons [TNF]
@ Seattle [MNF]
vs. Carolina
@ Rams
@ Carolina
vs. Tampa Bay

I think we go 5-2 over that stretch [losses @Seattle and @Carolina] finishing with a 12-4 record and the #2 seed.


Don't sleep on the Rams. That team is a lot better than their record indicates. They're defensive front is just as good if not better than the Jets, and we know how that worked out...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4953
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
New Orleans Saints [7-2]

vs. 49ers
@ Falcons [TNF]
@ Seattle [MNF]
vs. Carolina
@ Rams
@ Carolina
vs. Tampa Bay

I think we go 5-2 over that stretch [losses @Seattle and @Carolina] finishing with a 12-4 record and the #2 seed.


Don't sleep on the Rams. That team is a lot better than their record indicates. They're defensive front is just as good if not better than the Jets, and we know how that worked out...


Agreed. I see us going 4-3 there, with losses to Seattle, Rams and @Carolina. I still have us at 11-5 with the #2 seed though, after a tiebreaker maybe.
_________________

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magnifico


Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 179
Location: London
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Rams are a good team held back by QB play but their secondary hasn't played up to their potential this year and I believe unless our D lays a goose egg against the run we can limit Kellen Clemens from looking all-pro like he did in 2011.

Basically, whilst Long and Quinn will be in Brees face all day. I just think we can limit then whilst putting up 20-24 points which would hopefully be enough for a win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 5138
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Rams beating us. Sure, their defense is good, but out defense is better. They may have us beat in pass rush, but we're a better overall unit. ESPECIALLY our pass defense. Clemens won't do anything and their offense will be shut down IMO. I see something like 31-10 for that game.
_________________

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 4953
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I don't see the Rams beating us. Sure, their defense is good, but out defense is better. They may have us beat in pass rush, but we're a better overall unit. ESPECIALLY our pass defense. Clemens won't do anything and their offense will be shut down IMO. I see something like 31-10 for that game.


Seahawks defense is better than ours, and the Rams gave them a run for their money. The Seahawks have a MUCH better run game to rely on. If the Rams can turn us one dimentional (which is INCREDIBLY likely) we could be in trouble.

I wouldn't brush this game under the rug quite so quickly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331028014
_________________

Brandin Cooks - 53 receptions, 550 yards, 25 first downs, 3 TD - 7 rushes, 73 yards, 4 first downs, 1 TD
Corey White - 44 tackles, 2 INT, 1 sack, 6 passes defended, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group