Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaching candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mse326

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
So far we've been linked to Bill, O'Brien, David Shaw, Lovie Smith and Ken Whisenhunt.
I have also heard Nick Saban linked to you.

What idiot said that?

#JDI
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Wade really wants the job. Along with the play call duties he changed in that I mentioned in the GDT, he brought in refs for practices and has begun practice special teams during the week. Something Kubiak never allowed supposedly, no wonder we were so horrible at them....

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
38 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
buckwild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't want Wade!! If you thought Kubs was easy on the players Wade is 10x worse. He is really busting his tail to get this job though.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new favorite option for us is David Shaw. I like the multiple formations he brings and the creativity in the run game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24375967/ready-to-return-to-nfl-bill-obrien-drawing-interest-from-vikings-texans

Checking up on O'Brien!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Espn, Texans are really wanting David Shaw but word is that neither him nor Sumlin want to leave their college jobs.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. We can cross Wade off of the list. Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
So. We can cross Wade off of the list. Laughing

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus Malzahn intrigues me some. He seems to be a winner everywhere. great offensive mind, innovative, smart and meets all the requirements. Wouldn't be a bad choice.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Gus Malzahn intrigues me some. He seems to be a winner everywhere. great offensive mind, innovative, smart and meets all the requirements. Wouldn't be a bad choice.

Nevermind, looks like he was extended like a week ago. Still like Ray Horton the most. Not sure who would bring in as OC.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be upset if we lost Ray Horton. However he is a genious at disguising his blitzes and gets EVERYONE invovled. That's not a joke, we're in the top 5 in sacks but don't have a single guy anywhere close to double digit sacks. Granted a lot of that has to deal with our depth and talent on the d-line. To run Hortons scheme you absolutely need three things:

1. A great and unselfish NT, Phil Taylor has played out of his mind and is a HUGE reason for our success.

2. 2 CBs that you trust on an island. If not, you're in trouble. Ray is quite the riverboat gambler with our secondary matchups. We've had Buster Skrine who is 5'9 matchup against AJ Green and Calvin Johnson. Buster can hold his own, but that's taking a huge risk.

3. A great SS. You need a guy that can defend the pass relatively well, blitz, can hit, but most importantly defend the run.

Two huge flaws we have is that we suck on 3rd down and in the redzone.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I would be upset if we lost Ray Horton. However he is a genious at disguising his blitzes and gets EVERYONE invovled. That's not a joke, we're in the top 5 in sacks but don't have a single guy anywhere close to double digit sacks. Granted a lot of that has to deal with our depth and talent on the d-line. To run Hortons scheme you absolutely need three things:

1. A great and unselfish NT, Phil Taylor has played out of his mind and is a HUGE reason for our success.

2. 2 CBs that you trust on an island. If not, you're in trouble. Ray is quite the riverboat gambler with our secondary matchups. We've had Buster Skrine who is 5'9 matchup against AJ Green and Calvin Johnson. Buster can hold his own, but that's taking a huge risk.

3. A great SS. You need a guy that can defend the pass relatively well, blitz, can hit, but most importantly defend the run.

Nice insight from a Browns fan. I actually want to see what Horton does as a HC of a team after making a Cards D good (their D is even better this season) and making the Browns D good (yesterday was pretty impressive from you guys in terms of forcing turnovers and scoring on defense), but even though we have talent on our defense, it's still work to be done to improve this defense. You hit the nail on number 1 and 2. I can speak for most Texans fans when saying that we have been calling for a big nose tackle for a while now. If we hire Horton I hope we can address that. Just imagine if we pick Clowney round 1 and get a nose tackle to shed up blocks for him and Watt. Wow that would be scary. Unfortunately for our CB's, they have taken a step back. Joseph is becoming a pretty horrible CB now (I know he got a pick yesterday, but he has be abused lately), and I dont know what has gotten into Kareem. I know you can blame the lack of a pass rush, but they not helping themselves either. One bright spot on the team is that Swearinger is playing very good as a rookie and is improving as the games go by.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Nevermind, looks like he was extended like a week ago. Still like Ray Horton the most. Not sure who would bring in as OC.

You can't bring in a gimmick college coach with one year of success to coach an NFL team

Sig by matthouston91
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Go Bears
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Nice insight from a Browns fan. I actually want to see what Horton does as a HC of a team after making a Cards D good (their D is even better this season) and making the Browns D good (yesterday was pretty impressive from you guys in terms of forcing turnovers and scoring on defense), but even though we have talent on our defense, it's still work to be done to improve this defense. You hit the nail on number 1 and 2. I can speak for most Texans fans when saying that we have been calling for a big nose tackle for a while now. If we hire Horton I hope we can address that. Just imagine if we pick Clowney round 1 and get a nose tackle to shed up blocks for him and Watt. Wow that would be scary. Unfortunately for our CB's, they have taken a step back. Joseph is becoming a pretty horrible CB now (I know he got a pick yesterday, but he has be abused lately), and I dont know what has gotten into Kareem. I know you can blame the lack of a pass rush, but they not helping themselves either. One bright spot on the team is that Swearinger is playing very good as a rookie and is improving as the games go by.

Swearinger would look like a monster under Horton. TJ Ward was pretty decent last year, but Hortons scheme maximizes his ability. So he's now playing at a pro bowl level and like the best SS in the NFL. If I were the Texans FO, I'd draft Teddy and get an atheltic NT in the 2nd round. Horton wants big guys that can move and little guys that hit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: