Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaching candidates
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Coaching candidates Reply with quote

Well at this point the season is lost. Lets talk top head coach options and coordinator options.....
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaching is a major problem for this team, they need to clean house. Get well Kubiak but sorry this is a business.

If only they could get Cowher or Dungy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubiak will get one more year. I'm not saying I'm for or against but that's gonna be the reality. Unless he decides to retire

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Kubiak will get one more year. I'm not saying I'm for or against but that's gonna be the reality. Unless he decides to retire

I think this season and his recent health scare = retirement.

I would encourage Coach Kubiak to take some time away from the game and heal up physically (+mentally & spiritually). He can come back to another team as an OC or possibly even take over A&M job if Sumlin goes elsewhere (e.g. UT.. USC... NFL gig)
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about David Shaw from Stanford?
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Im not so sure on that anymore. Reports coming out of Houston say that the front office is tired of Kubiak and his entire staff. Doesn't look like the local boy has much more rope to pull on. This is a results business and frankly he hasn't lived up to the billing.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im doing as much research as i can right now

first off i dont really want ANY person who has ties to stanford and luck.....those guys all rode a great qb to stardom.....too hard to actually say who is responsible for that team.....although shaw is still winning without luck so he intrigues me

hue jackson intrigues me too. he had good run teams and good pass teams through the years, we need a guy who can flex his style to our roster....but he bounces around a LOT, why is that?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget mike zimmer
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want Sumlin.....well sort of....kinda torn...

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
im doing as much research as i can right now

first off i dont really want ANY person who has ties to stanford and luck.....those guys all rode a great qb to stardom.....too hard to actually say who is responsible for that team.....although shaw is still winning without luck so he intrigues me

hue jackson intrigues me too. he had good run teams and good pass teams through the years, we need a guy who can flex his style to our roster....but he bounces around a LOT, why is that?

That's the exact reason why I want him as HC of the Texans. Plus he was only head coach of Luck for one season anyway. He specializes in QB's (Look at Stanford's QB Kevin Hogan) also so Case Keenum or whichever young QB we bring in could benefit greatly from him.

If we were to hire Kevin Sumlin, he better hire a "really" good defensive coordinator. He never had one at UH and the defense at A&M is horrible, but other than that the Sumlin/Keenum reunion makes too much sense.

The the NFL currently I want Mike Zimmer, like someone has said, and another name I wouldnt mind is Giants DC Perry Fewell. You probably remember him being an interim HC of the Bills before being hired by the Giants at DC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Hue Jackson, but I want him mostly as an OC, not a HC. I think he is the sort of guy who, by inspiring passion and firiness in his players, has an issue with keeping his team disciplined.

Zimmer or Jay Gruden for HC with Jackson as the OC is the most titillating proposition I can come up with. Shaw intrigues me, but some good analysis at BRB made me wary of a Sumlin hire.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvin Lewis won't let Hue Jackson interview for OC jobs. He's under contract with the Bengals, Hue was offered some interviews last year but Marvin said, Nope. I think the Panthers wanted him.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Marvin Lewis won't let Hue Jackson interview for OC jobs. He's under contract with the Bengals, Hue was offered some interviews last year but Marvin said, Nope. I think the Panthers wanted him.

I thought position-to-coordinator interviews had the same privileges as coordinator-to-head coach, i.e.; you have to let the candidate interview?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

I thought position-to-coordinator interviews had the same privileges as coordinator-to-head coach, i.e.; you have to let the candidate interview?

correct, if its a promotion like an oc becoming a hc then they are allowed no matter what to interview...if its a lateral move like oc to oc, then the current team can block it
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hue Jackson is the best match. I think that when everyone's healthy we're loaded at pass catcher. Hue Jackson made DHB look like a half decent player, and almost got the Raiders into the playoffs with Palmer off the couch. Give him Keenum, Foster, Johnson, Hopkins, Daniels, and I'd expect some pretty awesome production.

Zimmer also seems like a good idea. I think we're pretty thin on the DL, and I think he'd fix that right up. For us to run Zimmer's defense I think we'd need to add 2-3 starting caliber defensive linemen. Maybe we'd trade up for Clowney Pray

Also, I'm not entirely opposed to giving Kubiak one more year if we're able to rattle off 5-6 wins at the end here. He and Keenum could develop a pretty good offense as Kubiak seems to have a good feel for what Keenum is comfortable with and good at. I think Wade Philips and Joe Marciano could use replacing.. and possibly even Rick Dennison. The Jets fired all their coordinators last offseason and kept Ryan, and would be a playoff team if it started today. I think Kubiak is one of the better playcallers in the game, and if his team would stop shooting itself in the foot it would be more apparent, as it has been the past two seasons.

LORK88

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: