You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

marky_b27's 2014 mock v1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: marky_b27's 2014 mock v1.0 Reply with quote

Eagles free agents

QB Michael Vick - not resigned

I think the front office will want Vick to return, but for the right price. In the end, I think Vick will want the opportunity to start, which I don’t believe he’ll get here. He’ll go to a team who have a rookie (or inexperienced) QB.

S Nate Allen – not resigned

Nate’s been ok, but we can definitely look to upgrade. I don’t see us retaining him, unless he’s still available and we don’t get any of our top targets.

OLB Philip Hunt – not resigned

I don’t see that we’ll bring Hunt back, mainly as he isn’t a fit.

S Colt Anderson – not resigned

Colt is supposed to be a special teams ace, but doesn’t make the type of plays that other special teams ace’s make.

WR Riley Cooper

Cooper had a breakout year and obviously has chemistry with Foles. We bring him back on a medium length contract with a decent amount guaranteed.

WR Jeremy Maclin

I think we’ll bring Maclin back, most likely on a 2 year deal where we see if he still has the explosiveness.

DL Cedric Thornton

Thornton is a building block of our defense and we’ve got to lock him up long term.

DL Clifton Geathers

Geathers is part of the rotation of the defensive line and deserves to be brought back.

S Kurt Coleman

Coleman isn’t the greatest, but he was less of a liability this year. He can play safety, play in the slot and play special teams.

P Donnie Jones

Our most important free agent imo. His ability to change field position has been key for us.

Cuts

WR Jason Avant

Jason has been a good servant for the club, but with us bringing Maclin and Cooper back, I can’t see Avant worth $4m.

TE James Casey

Casey is similar to Avant – not a bad player, but not worth what we’re paying him.

S Patrick Chung

Don’t think anything needs to be said here.

K Alex Henery

Henery is inconsistent. This isn’t what you need from your kicker.

Free Agents

QB Shaun Hill

With Vick leaving, we need a veteran backup QB. I’ve always been a fan of Hill’s and I think he can help improve Foles and Barkley.

TE Ed Dickson

Dickson comes in to challenge for the third TE spot.

C/G Ted Larsen

Larsen is a lineman with starting experience. Bringing him in gives us someone to push Herremans at the RG spot. He can also give depth at C as well, which we need.

S TJ Ward

A popular signing, Ward is a tone setter and will help redevelop our secondary.

S Ryan Mundy

Mundy is an experienced safety who has played the majority of his career in a defense similar to Davis’. We bring him in to challenge at the other safety spot.

K Graham Gano

Gano has a good conversion rate and has a high touchback rate, which I think is a stat that Chip will value as it negates special teams returners and helps control field position.

Draft

Trade the 22nd overall pick to Cleveland for the 26th overall pick and the 71st overall pick

1-26 (from Indianapolis via Cleveland) – Louis Nix NT Notre Dame

Trade the 54th overall pick and the 71st overall pick (from Cleveland) to Tampa Bay for the 38th overall pick and their 7th round pick

2-6 (from Tampa Bay) – Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech

3-22 – Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood

Trade the 4th round pick and DE Brandon Graham to Minnesota for their 4th round pick

4-8 (from Minnesota) – Jonathan Dowling S Western Kentucky

5-22 – Wesley Johnson OL Vanderbilt

5-29 (from New England) – Antoine Exum CB/S Virginia Tech

6-22 - Josh Huff WR Oregon

7-6 (from Tampa Bay) – Chidera Uzo-Diribe OLB Colorado

Notable rookie free agents

Colt Lyerla TE Oregon/unattached

James Franklin QB Missouri

Austen Bujnoch G Cincinnati

Nate Dreiling ILB Pittsburg State

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of going NT in the 1st. But overall it's pretty good.

Kiltman on the sig
eagles18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want kelvin benjamin
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this. Not flashy, but it adds impact. FA is pretty solid, and I like getting Ward. Nix might not fall that late in the first, but it is a solid pick. Attaochu is solid in the second, can't hate on it. Desir sounds like a second round guy, but the combine will confirm that. Dowling is decent in the 4th, although you could go other ways.

Overall I like a lot of this. The draft seems a tad unrealistic though.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I...like this a lot. But cut Coleman.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd note that the mock I did about a week ago, so I expect Desir to rocket up into the top 50 picks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid IMO mostly.

I still don't think Ward hits free agency. Byrd is much more likely. And Id prefer Byrd honestly. He is the best safety in coverage in the NFL outside maybe ET. But Id be fine with Ward too.

Draft is solid as well. I highly doubt Attachou falls that far. But if we did get Nix and Attachou I'm cool with that.

Huff won't last to the 6th. I like him a lot though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+
RollEagles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. LOVE it.

We get the stud NT that a defense like this needs. Allows Logan to play in a more natural position and role.

Also realistic. Could actually see this happening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it. Haven't seen many people mocking Nix to us, but he's my ideal 1st round target. Not sure he'll slide into the mid 20's though.

Ward, Nix, & Attaochu would all be quality additions to the 2014 team and beyond.

#JDI
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for the realism.
The draft-day trades are probably a bit overzealous, I don't see players being moved during the draft like that often.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Solid IMO mostly.

I still don't think Ward hits free agency. Byrd is much more likely. And Id prefer Byrd honestly. He is the best safety in coverage in the NFL outside maybe ET. But Id be fine with Ward too.

Draft is solid as well. I highly doubt Attachou falls that far. But if we did get Nix and Attachou I'm cool with that.

Huff won't last to the 6th. I like him a lot though.

On Ward/Byrd, I don't mind either of them (in fact if we can get both Shocked). TBH I think they can be interchangeable in this mock.

Attaochu's stock seems to be everywhere at the moment, hopefully it gets cleared up a little bit. TBH I thought it might be a reach to take him early 2nd (though I think he should go there).

Huff could drop that far. With the number of underclassmen receivers and looking at the number of receivers drafted each year, its not unreasonable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Like it. Haven't seen many people mocking Nix to us, but he's my ideal 1st round target. Not sure he'll slide into the mid 20's though.

Ward, Nix, & Attaochu would all be quality additions to the 2014 team and beyond.

I think Nix could fall as he isn't a 'dancing bear' type NT like Raji or Poe (who both went top 15). I see him at a similar position to Taylor or Williams who both went in the 20s (though I think he's better than both of them). His main issue is stamina, which I feel can be mitigated by Chip's sport science and the amount of rotation we do on the defensive line.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
i want kelvin benjamin

+1
and if not him, Coleman out of Rutgers in the late 2nd or 3rd.

Honestly, I don't think people are valuing benjamin high enough. Receivers with that build and talent are game-changers. Nobody would make a bigger difference on this team than a true #1 WR that can consistently win 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 (height can beat bracket coverage) battles. It would open so much up for Shady...no more stacking the box.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it....

If we land either Byrd or Ward and Dickson in FA, and Nix, Attachou, Desir, Dowling, and Huff in the draft Id think this offseason was a HUGE success.

Nix is a guy who can come in and make an impact on D immediately. Attachou will likely only be a situational guy at first but IMO he's gonna be a great player in the NFL. Desir and Dowling are great picks who can both start eventually maybe sooner than later. Huff is gonna be good.

Up front wed have a dline rotation of Cox, Nix。Thornton, Logan, Curry, Geathers which would be AWESOME. Wed have Barwin, Cole, and Attachou rushing the passer. A backfield of Ward, Wolff, Dowling, Cary, Fletcher, Boykin, Exum , and Desir.....That could be a top 5 defense honestly.

Then we have Foles at QB with the best run game in football and a great oline. Jackson, Coop, Maclin, and Huff at WR. Then Ertz, Dickson, and Celek at TE. That's potentially the best offense in the NFL.

I actually think this is the best mock I've seen so far.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: