Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

14' Draft Prospect V2: Mack that, give jeezla some more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
All those, make me ask if you'd be mad. Foles is on "fire". Which is why I said if Eagles are given a top 10 pick.

Would you trust Chip's evaluation of Johnny and be happy he got his guy? Would you be disappoint but go along with it cuz you trust Chip? Be mad and struggle to be an Eagles fan? Call for Chip's head cuz Foles is a god?
At the end of the day, it's Chip's and Howie's call. So eventually, with great displeasure, after even more time than the word "eventually" suggests, I would ultimately accept it. I just get the feeling that Manziel will bust hard in the NFL (relative to his draft position). I would love for another team to take him on, not the Eagles.

As of right now, I would ask for two 1st for Foles. He has franchise QB potential. One 1st is not enough.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate that. But I would see what happened before I screamed for his firing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Anyone here be mad if the Eagles traded Foles for a top 10 pick the drafted Johnny Football with the 32nd pick?

lol yes. So we win the Superbowl with Foles and then trade him?!?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade our franchise QB with a 120 qb rating for a draft pick we could use on a potential franchise QB? Makes sense.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
978 yards (1st), 6 TDs (t-5th), 95.5 Passer Rating (10th)
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Trade our franchise QB with a 120 qb rating for a draft pick we could use on a potential franchise QB? Makes sense.

But Manziel can run

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate Johnny, but I prefer other options to him.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should trade Foles straight up for Manziel and then trade Shady for DAT since Chip prefers RB's who can return kicks.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
baconrad3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we traded Foles away and then replaced him with Manziel with a first round pick Id be pretttttty mad. Itd drive me nuts.

Why do that? Makes no sense unless Chip was truly convinced Foles isnt that good and JF is a future star. And the chances of that are...slim.

Id rather have Foles and a first rd pick in the twenties than Manziel and a top ten pick any day.

This draft is deep. And we have all of our picks. We are fine. I even would be fine with trading down in the first to like the 33rd pick for more picks.

This draft can be what takes us to the next level. Need to be smart about it

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are playing good right meow, lets say best case scenario we squeeze into the playoffs and we win NFC Wildcard game, and then lose out, what range of pick you think we might have 19ish to 24ish?

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
So we are playing good right meow, lets say best case scenario we squeeze into the playoffs and we win NFC Wildcard game, and then lose out, what range of pick you think we might have 19ish to 24ish?

24-26? Right in that Davante Adams zone.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Van Noy or OL (Herremans, peters and Mathis are in their 30's.... and Peters and Kelce are FA's after next year)

With the depth in this draft at WR and in FA, there's no need to take one in the first.
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Meco wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Meco wrote:
willy_law wrote:
Kelvin Benjamin is really impressing me, the kid attacks the ball consistently at the highest point. Im interested to see his 40 but I dont think he is a speed liability. Hed be a good late 2nd - early 3rd to grab

Can't see him falling out of the first. Already seeing people say he's one of the best 10 talents in this draft. Calvin Johnson-like in his play-style and movements.

That's a joke right? They have nothing in common, they are completely different players.

Nope. Not a joke. Benjamin isn't quite as fast or agile but the way he moves and plays, it's Calvin Johnson-like. The guy is a friggin' monster on the outside. He's ALL of his 6'6" listed height and he runs almost 230 pounds. Rumor has it he's been clocked at 4.4 in the 40 yard dash. The guy is a freak of nature.

And he wouldn't be a fool to enter the draft this year PE, he's already the age of most seniors. He's 22 years old and he'll be a 23 year old rookie. He's a RS Soph.

What Calvin does best is go over people and high point the ball. He can't be covered because if you play behind him he will beat you on the jump ball, and if you play in front of him he will burn you deep. Benjamin doesn't use his height at all. He plays on the outside but he never gets jump balls or back shoulder throws, he is basically a different version of Cordarelle Patterson right now.

He has the frame/body you want, but Calvin was much more complete and a much better physical specimen.

I think that's a very poor comparison. Patterson is much more agile with the ball in his hands, he's incredible. Benjamin does use his size extremely well based on what I've seen whether its at the catch point or running after the catch. I've seen him get fades and jump balls with a fair amount of consistency.

Woah, you hear that?

https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/411527711782223872

Quote:
Talked to a NFC South scout today, told me he thinks Kelvin Benjamin will be 1st WR taken in May. His team sees "Calvin Johnson potential"

That's the sound of me being right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Meco wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Meco wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
Meco wrote:
willy_law wrote:
Kelvin Benjamin is really impressing me, the kid attacks the ball consistently at the highest point. Im interested to see his 40 but I dont think he is a speed liability. Hed be a good late 2nd - early 3rd to grab

Can't see him falling out of the first. Already seeing people say he's one of the best 10 talents in this draft. Calvin Johnson-like in his play-style and movements.

That's a joke right? They have nothing in common, they are completely different players.

Nope. Not a joke. Benjamin isn't quite as fast or agile but the way he moves and plays, it's Calvin Johnson-like. The guy is a friggin' monster on the outside. He's ALL of his 6'6" listed height and he runs almost 230 pounds. Rumor has it he's been clocked at 4.4 in the 40 yard dash. The guy is a freak of nature.

And he wouldn't be a fool to enter the draft this year PE, he's already the age of most seniors. He's 22 years old and he'll be a 23 year old rookie. He's a RS Soph.

What Calvin does best is go over people and high point the ball. He can't be covered because if you play behind him he will beat you on the jump ball, and if you play in front of him he will burn you deep. Benjamin doesn't use his height at all. He plays on the outside but he never gets jump balls or back shoulder throws, he is basically a different version of Cordarelle Patterson right now.

He has the frame/body you want, but Calvin was much more complete and a much better physical specimen.

I think that's a very poor comparison. Patterson is much more agile with the ball in his hands, he's incredible. Benjamin does use his size extremely well based on what I've seen whether its at the catch point or running after the catch. I've seen him get fades and jump balls with a fair amount of consistency.

Woah, you hear that?

https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/411527711782223872

Quote:
Talked to a NFC South scout today, told me he thinks Kelvin Benjamin will be 1st WR taken in May. His team sees "Calvin Johnson potential"

That's the sound of me being right.

Cause anonymous NFC South scouts have always been 100% right. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

I also love Johnny but I dont think we need to take a Qb before the 4th. Grab Jimmy Garrapallo in the 4th or 5th if we need to draft one
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

I also love Johnny but I dont think we need to take a Qb before the 4th. Grab Jimmy Garrapallo in the 4th or 5th if we need to draft one

Garrapallo is probably going before that

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 32 of 99

Jump to: